THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kenny3760
Sybarite

Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results Empty
PostSubject: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 13:34

Right guys, heres one for you:

"If a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as it moved flat out what happens to any embarked passengers?
They are removed as casualties"

Straight from the FAQ. Now does this mean in the same game turn or the same player turn?

Last night my mate and I had a game and I decided to try out a couple of new units. I had lelith and a wych retinue in a raider and a unit of 5 wyches in a venom which I flat outed straight at his army (nids). He shot and destroyed both transports and we removed everything as per the above FAQ. However, thinking about it, this makes it almost suicidal to make the move that I did and we did wonder whether the "turn" referred to was player turn. This would mean the only way of destroying the units would be if you ended the flat out move on difficult or dangerous terrain. In the end up we ruled that it did mean that these units were destroyed as explained above. What do you think.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:04

It is 'Player Turn' not 'Game Turn'
FYI - ramming is another way to have it affect you besides dangerous terrain - also, Death or Glory.

The reason it is Player Turn is because the reason the passengers are destroyed is because they're not allowed to disembark. The only rule preventing them from disembarking is found within the vehicle movement rules and applies only to that Movement Phase (and consequently, that Player Turn).

There is no rule preventing you from disembarking normally via vehicle destroyed results in any other period whether or not you moved flat out - thus, in your opponent's shooting phase you can disembark.

Make sense?

Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:33

Yeah, makes sense and makes the flat out move much more viable.

thanks
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 20:15

Makes it alot more viable indeed, I thought game turn aswell. So I always went flatout for redeploy shenanigans and nothing else. That FAQ rule is not that clear to me though. Is it me?

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 20:55

I'm not sure where (probably in rulebook, can't check it right now), but I'm pretty sure they explained that when they mention "turn", they mean "player turn".

Probably it's near rules about base sizes, check few first pages.

Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results TattoosigtlLosing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results TattoosigseLosing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results Tattoosigow
"Most vile thing you can read. Ever." - Our Forum Rules

Last edited by Local_Ork on Fri Aug 26 2011, 21:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 21:01

@tlronin - I think you're misunderstanding what the FAQ is trying to clear up. Let me try to break it down.

Two rules everyone knew about;

1. When a vehicle moves flat out you cannot disembark from it in your move phase.
2. When a vehicle is wrecked then you disembark from it, even in ways not normally allowed via emergency disembark.

Problem - with ramming, tank shock, and dangerous terrain it's possible to have to disembark per the wreck rules from a transport that moved flat out.

Solution - provide FAQ for clarification of whether or not they can disembark.

Following the actual point of when that rule is in question, it's pretty clear. Coming in and just reading it as stated in the FAQ it *does* read awkwardly - unfortunately that's about par for the course with GW's rule support.

@Local Ork - actually they clarify that there are two types of turns. Player Turn and Game Turn. They never, ever, clarify what type of turn they mean when referring to turn in about 80% of such instances. Welcome to GW muddying the waters yet again.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 21:07

Huh, they do clarify that:

The Turn
Q: What is meant when the term ‘turn’ is used? (p9)
A: Whenever the word turn is used it means player
turn. Otherwise it will clearly state game turn. In a
complete game turn both players get a player turn.
Hence one game turn will comprise two player turns.

Right under "Roll off using ‘The Most Bull@#$% Rule!’", in FAQ. Thought it's was rulebook.

Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results TattoosigtlLosing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results TattoosigseLosing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results Tattoosigow
"Most vile thing you can read. Ever." - Our Forum Rules
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 19:31

Thnx for clearing it up. Let's have those Raiders go flat out! Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results   Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing passengers to fast moving vehicle destroyed results
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: