THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drop Pod and Occupants

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

Drop Pod and Occupants Empty
PostSubject: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2014, 18:06

I was wondering how occupants are affected after disembarking from a drop pod; specifically, ones with heavy weapons such as a heavy flamer. Because deepstriking vehicles count as moving combat speed and the occupants have disembarked that would mean that heavy weapons would only be able to snapfire, correct?

Am I correct in understanding that if a squad of stern guard were to come out, they too would have to snap fire with their heavy Flamers?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2014, 18:21

The vehicle counts as moving at combat speed, the passengers who disembarked count as having moved.

So a quick breakdown;

Heavy - snapfire
Flamer - fire normally
Bolter - fire normally

Relevant wordage is in the special rules section under 'deep strike'.

Make sense?

Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2014, 18:59

Also, a heavy flamer is an assault weapon, just like an assault cannon is heavy Wink

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2014, 19:14

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oops sorry just realized. I was hoping to avoid getting heavy Flamered... LOL
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16 2014, 21:50

Heavy Flamers are assault weapons? Really? You mean those ones that they make a fuss about terminators being able to wield effectively in the fluff? Sounds legit......
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17 2014, 08:32

@Timatron wrote:
Heavy Flamers are assault weapons? Really? You mean those ones that they make a fuss about terminators being able to wield effectively in the fluff? Sounds legit......

They are indeed. Sternguard can take two in a squad though so worry less about terminators and more about the cheaper, more effective alternative!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pod and Occupants   Drop Pod and Occupants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Pod and Occupants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: