THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1 500 p Kabal vs SoB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurdush
Hellion

1 500 p Kabal vs SoB Empty
PostSubject: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 11:48

Tonight, I will finally be playing my first game with the new codex. I'm up against the Sisters of Battle (probably consisting of 2 units of sisters and dominions in immolators, a unit of flamer seraphims, 2 exorcists, repentias and a penitent, allied to a small force of IG veterans contributing an autocannon and a lascannon), I think, though my opponent might surprise me and play Iyanden, an all wraith army.

I'm leaning towards a shooty army with an archon and Incubi bodyguard as the only real cc elements. Unit champions are included in all the units, obviously.

Archon w agoniser and shadow field
4 Incubi in raider w lance and night shields

5 Trueborn w 4 blasters in raider w lance and night shields

10 Warriors w lance and blaster in raider w lance
10 Warriors w lance and blaster in raider w lance
5 Warriors w blaster in raider w lance

5 Scourges w 2 heat lances
5 Scourges w 2 haywire blasters
Venom
Venom

Ravager
Ravager w 3 lances

I am considering merging the two units of scourges into one unit w 4 spec weapons and run them as the rulebook CAD to get obj.sec. That would enable me to field another 5 man squad of warriors in one of the venoms I think. Also, if I drop the extra special/heavy weapon in the 10 man squads, I might be able to squeeze a second 5 man unit in. Would that be worth wile?

I will loose a couple of vehicles to the guard who ignore cover saves and a couple to the exorcists who have superior range. The dominions will probably also claim a trophy thanks to their scout move bringing them into range quickly. But I hope I can prevail anyway.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 12:03

By my estimation, you can save 70 points just by dropping the unit champions (which aren't necessary on units on transports, as they are fearless, and don't give you much for the cost on the other units).

Lances in warrior squads on raiders aren't great if the raider moves at all, cut them that gets you up to 110pts saved.

If you're only taking 4 incubi and archon, might be worth taking a venom instead of the raider, one less lance shot but saves you another 10pts.

That's more than enough to put extra cannons on the FA venoms, 4 special weapons in each scourge unit, and upgrade the second ravager to carry lances as well (you really don't want those exorcists alive, at the very least they need to be firing snap shots only) and leaves you 45 pts to spend on something else - I'd recommend splinter racks on the warrior raiders, or boost the squad of 5 up to a squad of 10.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 14:57

Thanks for the input.

A self imposed limitation: I always use unit champions. No reason other than that soldiers need someone to shout at them. Shout, shout, and shout again. :-)

A cruel physical limitation: I only have two venoms and five raiders. Can't do much there. Extra SC on the venoms are already included, that sort of goes without saying.

However, regarding the loadout on the scourges contra more units of warriors and weapons on the second ravager, I'll take it under consideration one more time. As you said, I really don't want those Exorcists alive for more than a turn or two...
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 15:06

I've played against sisters a few times now and always at least 2 exorcists on the table. They're genuinely horrible to basically anything (even flyers can suffer with the number of shots they are capable of producing). The only bright side is that lances help a lot, and a lot of other sisters firepower is relatively short range.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 20:52

Well, TL multimeltas have a reasonable range...

I got first turn, scored first blood (when I took out the punisher, I also killed a sentinel and stripped a hull point off of two of his immolators in turn one), but then the dark eldar sort of collapsed. It was "one of those games".

I think I made one or two out of my first ten jink saves (with night fight). Rolled lots and lots of ones... He killed my venoms (one of them killed most of my haywire scourges in the explosion), a ravager and a raider in turn one, partly due to a lucky master of ordnance hit. I killed NOTHING in turn two. He killed my other ravager and two raiders in his turn 2. I managed to kill one immolator in turn 3, missed all the shots against an exorcist with my deep striking heat lances. As good as tabled by the end of turn three.

A bit frustrating when I have to combine shooting from at least three units to kill one of his vehicles, while he basically kills one of my transports with each of his. One shot, one kill! I bet Tom Berenger is a great fan of the sisters.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 07:08

@Kurdush wrote:
A bit frustrating when I have to combine shooting from at least three units to kill one of his vehicles, while he basically kills one of my transports with each of his. One shot, one kill! I bet Tom Berenger is a great fan of the sisters.
That is one of the reasons that most competitive DE players advocate MSU builds, natch Wink
Well...that and allying with regular Eldar Laughing

Did you get any pics? I love the look of Sisters and they're a rare army to get to see on the tabletop.

Back to top Go down
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 14:52

I did not take any photos, but I will next time. I play this guy regularly and he's got a really beautiful army of hedonistic Slaaneshi nuns, neatly converted and painted and with a nice short story as background.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 16:15

Awesome cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 500 p Kabal vs SoB   1 500 p Kabal vs SoB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 500 p Kabal vs SoB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists