THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pure Soulfire Chronos

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emperorbass
Slave

Pure Soulfire Chronos Empty
PostSubject: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 00:25

I.e. this lovely bugger: https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77082#detail/77082_w_1 The smooth face-y bit immediately made be think of a Talos or Chronos engine, moreso the Chronos - since I believe it'd make use of all that pain and emotion on the battlefield to flare it up with extra energy.

However, being the modelling nut I am, I'm hesitant to purchase one and field it bare-bones and I wonder what I could do to Coven it up a bit?

Ideally what comes to mind would to find a way to slap an extra Talos mask on the front, but I'm also loath to slice away at that smooth, alien0ish head it has to try it.

The irony is that I probably won't make use of the Chronos tentacles for it - instead saving them for a Coven-specific raider where I can also plug a Dark Elf Cold One head in the place of the shock prow for s**** and giggles. XD

Anyway, any ideas? Or is it a pretty much cut-&-dry 'slap Dark Eldar bits on it and call it a day' kind of situation?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12 2014, 13:04

Find a way to slap a talos carapace on it, as if the flames are shooting out from beneath it?

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

PostSubject: Re: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 16:14

Maybe craft a facemask for it with green stuff, could work though, and as Mr_Pink suggested try and get a carapace on it, make it armored, but then pure energy.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Emperorbass
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13 2014, 17:34

Agreed! It makes me wish that the Talos kit had included an additional back carapace, but I can snag one from ebay if need be.

And the go-to wargear choice for it is the Sprit Probe, right? That's the proboscis looking thingy for one of it's faceplates?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 10:57

How about a projection platform?

I'm thinking along the lines of this fro Star Wars:

Pure Soulfire Chronos Sidious_hologram_kivetito

Maybe more compact, hovering instead of on legs. Put the model you're thinking of on a platform thats projecting it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Emperorbass
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14 2014, 18:45

Could work well! I just wondering how well it could balance even using a large flying base. Could also look nice with all the curved blades from the raider kits projecting from said projection platform. Though I also could use said blades to pepper the arms and body of the Cronos itself to beef it up a bit since I won't be using the tentacles on it.

Hmm... decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Soulfire Chronos   Pure Soulfire Chronos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Soulfire Chronos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion