THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer Empty
PostSubject: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08 2014, 19:24

So in 7th we can join IC's to anything that is not an MC, and after violently losing to Tau yesterday my Tau hatred organ started working again.

This got me thinking:

Farseer, Jetbike, Mantle, taking psychic shriek
Archon, Armor of Misery, Grenade Launcher
Archon, WWP, Archangel of Pain

Deepstrike it all into a tau players face, tank the interceptor (which will probably be going into my flyers aswell) on the 2+ jinking farseer and then Ld bomb him

Giving rise to two questions:
1: Is there anything preventing me from joining IC's to a Mantleseer
2: If there is one jetbike in a unit, can it jink when under fire and does this result in a 2+ cover (with the mantle)
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08 2014, 21:49

Looks legit to me - more or less.

1: The Farseer looses independent character (but not the type Infantry (character) (or jetbike etc)). I see no stipulation that other independent characters cannot join it.

2: The unit can elect to jink, but only the farseer benefits from the 2+ re-rollable. So you may have to Look Out Sir hits on to it depending on your placement. The two archons will have a 4+ cover in the open from stealth and shrouded.

However.

Tau ignore cover for breakfast. So to speak. So yeah, if he has any markerlights with interceptor, be very sure to knock them out before you try this.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 14:52

ooooh. interesting!!!!!

I had never even thought of this. Just looked at the mantle and concluded... ok.. no more joining.

Never thought to join TO him! Gonna have to think about this one a bit. Some definite possibilities here.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 17:15

Rule as written, sounds legit.

Rule as intended...

6th edition had a limit on IC could not join a unit of only one model. So the 6th codex having the Mantle be a single character and losing IC made the Mantle effectively a solo.

The Mantle is a thinly veiled way of making a Solitaire. Fairly certain they are solitary.

If they ever errata the Mantle I expect it to go away, but nothing limiting it now.
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 19:29

Hahaa awesome Smile

As for the ignores cover thing, there are basically three ways in which they get this:
1: The signature system (relic): This one only functions in the shooting phase
2: Markerlights, but unless I'm missing something, they have no interceptor markerlights
3: Smart Missile Systems: Yes, this one could be a problem if he is running something like 2x3 Missilesides, but a Shadowfield could tank this with the new rules (maintaining your 2++ after failing it once during the same phase)

Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 20:37

FYI: Stealth Team Shas'vres can take Markerlights and interceptor. Not sure if anything else can. It's a long shot at best, but worth being aware of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer   Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a combined unit with a Mantleseer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: