THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  Empty
PostSubject: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 07:12

Greeting All,

Once again i've whipped up a list to have a game at my local store. After such success in the past with lists forged on this forum i would love for you all to have a look and point out any large holes or stuff ups.

My big question is with a Allied detachment, if there is no troop choices in the codex/Supplement  to take do you have to take any  ?. ive had a quick look through the rules and this forum for the answer and couldnt find anything. Ive not yet got a copy of the Coven Supplement so maybe the answer is there, but if someone could point me in the right direction i would be happy.

See my list below.

Realspace Raiders Detachment.

HQ
Archon

Agoniser , Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Soul-trap , Splinter Pistol, The Animus Vitae.

Troops
Kabalite Warriors + Venom (D S/Canon)
5x Kabalite Warrior
5x Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors + Venom (D S/Canon)
5x Kabalite Warrior
5x Splinter Rifle

Fast Attack

Reavers (6)

6x Reaver
Reaver with special weapon Blaster x 2
Reaver with Clust Caltrops X 1

Scourges (5)

Close combat weapon, Shardcarbine x 1
Scourge with  Haywire blaster x4

Allied Detachment : D/Eldar Supplement

HQ
Haemonculus
2x Close combat weapon, Gnarlskin, Scissorhand, Sindriq's Sump, Splinter Pistol

Elites

Grotesque x 3 in a Raider Disintegrator, Enhanced Aethersails

Heavy Support
Talos  Ichor Injector  Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

Lists come to 1001 points if my maths is right.

I was looking to get the best out of my Coven units so have tired to take them from the Supplement not the core dex to give them the different pfp chart.

I have no idea what i will be facing at the local store, the game is a few weeks away.

Thank you in advance and sorry for any blinding errors.

Kind Regards

Forgotten.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 07:17

Since your allied Detachment doesn't contain troops, it's illegal.

If you want that Detachment to come from the supplement (a Covenite Coterie Detachment, not and AD), you'll need a second HQ and Elite choice to unlock it.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 20:12

Thanks for heads up, I'll go back to the drawing board. Any suggestions on how to get the grots in the list with the coven pfp ?. How is the rest of this look ?

Thank you
Forgotten
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 20:35

Either take a unit of Wracks and a second Haemie to unlock the Covenite Coterie Detachment, or take a Grotesquerie for two units of Grots (though you'll have to sacrifice the Talos for points).

At these points, however, I would drop the Grots and take a Dark Artisan formation instead. Give the Haemie a WWP and drop a 9 Wound, majority T7 hammer in your opponent's backfield.
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04 2014, 20:41

I don't see a huge amount of value coming from the Real Space Raiders detachment as you have it. Since you only have 2 fast attack options, the detachment is only giving you a better cover save during Night Fighting (which isn't every game). I would revert back to declaring it a standard CAD so that you will have 4 Obj Sec units (between the warriors and their venoms).

I would second the suggestion of dropping Grotesques and fielding the Dark Artisan with a WWP as well. Grots are great but I think the formation may provide a bit more durable and threatening overall due to their versatility against infantry and vehicles alike.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 05:01

Thank you both for your input,
I think the d/artisan formation would be a good choice, I just need the models for it Smile. If I was to run it as you suggest,should I drop the archon as well ( he was a ride along with the grots) or add him in somewhere else , maybe his own venom with a blaster :p.

I'll change back to the CAD, you are right about the value I'll get out is the real space raider. Vs the objective secure .

Thanks again I think ill can the list an start again, work in the models I have an try for the d/artisan when I've got the models for it.

Thanks again to everyone who commented Smile

Kind regards
Forgotten
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 05:15

I'd suggest putting one of the Kabalite units in a Raider, and sticking the Archon with them. Leave off any upgrades that require him to get into CC; on his own he won't be very survivable. He also can't legally join the Dark Artisan unit, so...
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 09:39

Thanks DingK , sorta figured that one Wink , I'll re hash the list an play with what I've got an get some new models, wracks an talos/ cron.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Forgotten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement    1K list,  DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied  Coven Supplement  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1K list, DE only - Realspace Raider + Allied Coven Supplement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: