THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tursarius
Slave
Tursarius

Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? Empty
PostSubject: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 16:44

In the BRB it states that, except under specific conditions, your warlord must be a character. The models in the court of the archon are not characters and thus cannot be the warlord.
Do people run a squad leader as their warlord when they use only 1 court model as their HQ?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 16:46

Yes. Any character in your army can be the Warlord, it's only convention and hangover from previous editions that results in people choosing an HQ unit (ok, it could be that they're often the toughest and best protected models too, which is usually worthwhile when they give up a vp for dying)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Tursarius
Slave
Tursarius

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 17:36

I know you can. I meant do the people who take a llaman as their HQ dedicate a different unit as their warlord? If they don't then their army isn't legal.

Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 17:45

you can use him as an hq and still have an archon for a warlord. The trick is to use it to fill an extra hq slot when doing multiple detachments.
Back to top Go down
clever handle
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30 2014, 18:35

you actually don't need a character to be your warlord.  If your army has no character models, you can nominate any model to be the warlord, you simply do not gain access to a warlord trait.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 04:13

What clever handle said. In 7th they removed the restriction specifying your Warlord must always have the "Character" type.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Mr. Ghoti
Hellion
Mr. Ghoti

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:22

Here's the real question he's presenting: can a Lhamean fill an HQ slot? Answer: yes, the Court of the Archon is an HQ choice for Dark Eldar. Can that Lhamean be my warlord? Yes it CAN, but as it is not a character, it cannot generate a Warlord trait.

The main difference between 6e and 7e in this manner is that your warlord DOES NOT have to come from your Headquarters choice anymore. It can be any model you want, but unless it is a character it cannot use a warlord trait.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:27

@Mr. Ghoti wrote:
Here's the real question he's presenting: can a Lhamean fill an HQ slot? Answer: yes, the Court of the Archon is an HQ choice for Dark Eldar. Can that Lhamean be my warlord? Yes it CAN, but as it is not a character, it cannot generate a Warlord trait.

Just be aware that if you do this without discussing it with your opponent in advance, you may become 'that guy' who finds it difficult to get a game, as it's really likely to annoy some people.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:30

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
@Mr. Ghoti wrote:

Just be aware that if you do this without discussing it with your opponent in advance, you may become 'that guy' who finds it difficult to get a game, as it's really likely to annoy some people.

To be honest, if someone said they wanted to use a 1 wound Toughness 3 model with a 5+ save as their Warlord I'd be overjoyed as this is, quite literally, a free VP for Slay the Warlord.

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:32

Quote :
To be honest, if someone said they wanted to use a 1 wound Toughness 3 model with a 5+ save as their Warlord I'd be overjoyed as this is, quite literally, a free VP for Slay the Warlord.

You dont get "slay the Warlord" for killing a mandatory HQ. You get "Slay the Warlord" for killing the fluffy Grotseque Abberation Master of Strategy over there...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Ghoti
Hellion
Mr. Ghoti

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:37

@Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
Quote :

You dont get "slay the Warlord" for killing a mandatory HQ. You get "Slay the Warlord" for killing the fluffy Grotseque Abberation Master of Strategy over there...

Or run Realspace Raiders Detachment with 6 squads of maxed reavers having an arena champion as your WL. Now THAT is a fluffy list.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:41

Quote :

Ah true. Sorry, still stuck in 6e...

Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 09:59

How does this make you "that guy"???
It is perfectly legit as per rule book and codex, and as mentioned since it isn't an IC and is invariably squishier than an actual character it'll have a hard time NOT giving up a kill point/killing a unit objective card point/warlord.
I do not understand the issue.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Mr. Ghoti
Hellion
Mr. Ghoti

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 10:00

Off topic a bit, but my idea of RSR reavers fits in at 1999 points. a lhamean for 10 point HQ, 2 squads of 5 woman wytches for cannon fodder/hiding backfield objectives, and 6 squads of 12 reavers, 4 CC, 4 HL, Arena Champion with Power Sword. wow. Gotta grab me some more reavers...
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 10:01

Happens to the best of us Count!

I'd be steaming if an opponent brought a 10 point HQ meaning he could fit in another broadside team or wave serpent!

Reavers idea is nice, and they're gorgeous models, but even I'd get fed up of painting them if I had 24 boxes to get through!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 10:22

Quote :

Nobody knows what is actually behind that mask What a Face

Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31 2014, 14:22

If you take the court model as your HQ requirement, then something like a Sybarite would turn into a Warlord if you had no other characters.

At that point, I would be in agreement with Count Adhemar's sentiment that if my opponent did that, I would be quite delighted in the easy warlord VP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?   Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlord has to be a character, so how can a court be your HQ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: