THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 14:37

HQ
Succubus with webway portal, Armour of Misery, Archite Glaive

Elites
4 Grotesques in Raider with Dark Lance - Succubus rides with this unit

Troops
10 Warriors in Raider with Dark Lance, Splinter Racks and Night Shields
10 Warriors in Raider with Dark Lance, Splinter Racks and Night Shields

Fast Attack
Razorwing with 4 necrotoxin missiles, 2 Dark Lances and twin Splinter Rifle
6 Reavers with 2 Heat Lances and 2 Cluster Caltrops
5 Scourges with 4 Haywire Blasters

Heavy Support
Ravager with Triple Dark Lances
2 Talos with twin Haywire Blasters and Ichor Injectors

Tactics:
Every unit in the list brings something to the table in terms of anti tank. It starts with 8 Dark Lances at 36" range, then adds 6 Haywire Blasters at 24" (two effective 30" range, and 4 effective 36" range), and 2 Heat Lances at 18" (effective 30" range). If that's not enough, I then have the Talos, grotesques and reavers as viable combat options against most vehicles.

For anti infantry I have two warrior gunboats for 20-40 twin linked poison shots, 4 large blasts from the razorwing (with fleshbane, which is notably not a poison weapon for facing admech armies!). Then in combat I again have Reavers, Grotesques, and Talos for taking on 2+ armour (if they can reach them)

Lightest area is anti-air, with only the Razorwing as a dedicated option in that role. Key will be to keep objectives close for skyfire purposes, and possibly moving the ravager onto such an objective if necessary.

For deployment purposes I can either go heavy reserve, using the ravager and Talos units as early board presence that's usually resilient enough to survive until reserves arrive, or start almost everything on the board if I can go first.

What are everyone's thoughts, is there anything I've missed here that's a glaring omission?

I'm also going to be looking to produce a coven list as an alternative to this one too, though I'm currently struggling with how to get sufficient anti armour into it (any suggestions most gratefully received)

C&C Welcome!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 16:29

"Succubus with webway portal, Armour of Misery, Archite Glaive

Elites
4 Grotesques in Raider with Dark Lance - Succubus rides with this unit"

This is cool, but you might as well drop the WWP, add nightshields and aethersails to zoom on turn 1 in the midst of the enemy (12"-18" away from them assaulters) and assault turn 2, using the 6" disembarking movement+6" Raider (if still alive) movement for redeployment issues. If enemy targets the raider in the first turn with shooting, you might as well jink for a nice 3+ cover, since it won't hamper your assault next turn.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 01:18

Yeah it's more about having the options. I really don't need aether sails to get where I want the raider to be - if it's on the board on turn 1 then I can charge anyone on a normal 6x4 on turn 2 without needing them. Having a WWP means I don't have to deploy them if the circumstances aren't favourable. And whilst a 3+ jinks is nice, it won't guarantee your raider will survive, whereas not being on the board on turn 1 is a guarantee. Not being on the board also gives me an opportunity to thin the enemy shooting out too.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 08:38

i see. altough i'd feel rather uneasy with an assault unit that at best will be able to assault in turn 3 (also, no reserve manipulation, so really a gamble). it's not like a great option, to me. i use the WWP on shooty deepstrikers only, while even if more risky i put assaulters on the board on turn one (usually a strong assault unit and 2 bckup assaulters like 3 raiders with 20 witches w/ agonizer hekatrix and 4 grots+glaive succubus)
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 09:17

Archon Rixec, exactly my thoughts on WWPing grots without reserve manipulation.

If this is what you want TBE, maybe consider dropping the raider in favour of 2 additional grots?

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 09:53

I think the point you're both missing is that the list is meant to cover the majority of my games. By that I mean that I might have to go second, or I might be going first. The Succubus and Grots may very well start on the board the majority of occasions when I go first, but when going second I'm more likely to want to protect them from any shooting on turn 1. Sure, I've got no inbuilt reserve manipulation, but I'll occasionally get that from my warlord trait and a) there are enough units in reserve that I'm statistically likely to get a decent chunk of them every game and b) the twin Talos and Ravager is plenty durable enough that I can manage till turn 3 if I need to.

And there's no way in hell I'm bringing my warlord and her unit out of a Webway portal without being in a raider - the guys I play regularly would massacre it.

Assuming I drop the WWP, what would you spend the points on? (Incidentally, I used this unit last night in a game, the Succubus failed to hit with 8 of her first 9 attacks, but the grots kept me in the fight long enough to wipe out 3 Tyranid Warriors, 2 Raveners and 10 Termagants as the armour of misery caused them to fail their morale check once they were out of synapse range. Their raider pulled off a miracle shot and downed a flying hive tyrant on its last wound)

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 10:05

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I think the point you're both missing is that the list is meant to cover the majority of my games. By that I mean that I might have to go second, or I might be going first. The Succubus and Grots may very well start on the board the majority of occasions when I go first, but when going second I'm more likely to want to protect them from any shooting on turn 1. Sure, I've got no inbuilt reserve manipulation, but I'll occasionally get that from my warlord trait and a) there are enough units in reserve that I'm statistically likely to get a decent chunk of them every game and b) the twin Talos and Ravager is plenty durable enough that I can manage till turn 3 if I need to.

And there's no way in hell I'm bringing my warlord and her unit out of a Webway portal without being in a raider - the guys I play regularly would massacre it.

Assuming I drop the WWP, what would you spend the points on? (Incidentally, I used this unit last night in a game, the Succubus failed to hit with 8 of her first 9 attacks, but the grots kept me in the fight long enough to wipe out 3 Tyranid Warriors, 2 Raveners and 10 Termagants as the armour of misery caused them to fail their morale check once they were out of synapse range. Their raider pulled off a miracle shot and downed a flying hive tyrant on its last wound)

agree on the option part. i understand your way. not good for me, but it makes sense Smile

about the nids bashing: grots are made just for this...to save our HQ's tiny asses Very Happy

removing the WWP could give you enough points to add a silly little pestering unit: 3 mandrakes. infiltrate, dug into cover, pepper the enemy backsitters with 6 decent shots from 18" afar. contest objectives, steal linebreaker and so on... they offer a big tactical flexibility for virtually no price.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 10:49

Eek!

Found out last night that the list I'm going to be facing has Pask in a Punisher, an Exterminator and four Wyverns in it (a squadron of 2 and 2 individuals).

Something tells me I'm going to want the first turn!

I'm even considering starting with most things on the table (perhaps just leaving the gunboats to drop in) if I get turn 1.

I'm thinking stay away from the punisher to start as it's relatively short ranged (unless he starts it front and centre, in which case it's going down for a warlord kill and first blood! Work on hurting the wyverns, haywires into the squadron in case there's overspill of damage (not likely i know, but I could always get that kill as they're open topped), then lances into the others, concentrating on shaking them first then look to kill them if any lances spare.

If I have to deploy second, then maybe reserve stuff, but look to bring on from my table edge rather than deep strike - the ravager will start on the board whatever so the raiders won't suffer if they have to move 12" the turn they arrive to get a shot at the wyverns.

If I'm reserving then it'll just be the Talos and Ravager to start on the board (possibly the Grot raider if I can hide it completely). Ravager will deploy in heavy cover if it can, and Talos I'll try to get either behind cover or in ruins.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 13:59

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Eek!

Found out last night that the list I'm going to be facing has Pask in a Punisher, an Exterminator and four Wyverns in it (a squadron of 2 and 2 individuals).

looks like someone has gone the list-tailoring road!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 14:04

Ironically no, it's his standard guard list (also has a big blob of guardsmen, couple of special weapons teams (1 via platoon command) and a couple of vendettas. it's got mixed autocannons and lascannons in there as well just for the extra fun.

The guy in question is vehemently against list tailoring as he plays a lot of Throne of Skulls events and uses club games as practice!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 21:11

Your opponents list is my idea of a worst nightmare (that or missileside tau). Good luck with your game. I like the idea of the two talos in your list as they will draw alot of fire but can take the pain so to speak Smile. Feel the same way about the wwp as you but not had a chance to playtest it yet, so might change my tune in the future.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 08:24

Hmm, so I lost last night, but man it was close! Two turn swung it for me, my third, when despite firing 5+ lances and 2 haywire blasters at wyverns, I completely failed to manage even a single glancing hit. Then turn 4 for my opponent, when basically eveything that he shot worked just about perfectly, got one hit through on my ravager, and rolled a 6 for damage etc.

The haywires generally performed superbly, and took down Pask comfortably, albeit for the loss of a Talos (Pask in a punisher accompanied by the twin autocannon leman russ is evil, even for T7!)

As expected though, the wyverns were the star of the show for him, they took out my Reavers on turn 1, most of Dar'yth's Death Dealers once they were out of their raider (disappointing, I was hoping that the two survivors would be able to charge the guardsmen with the relic, but one got taken out by an overwatch meltagun shot!)

I have to say that I agree with you both - the list was (short of the aforementioned Tau or Eldar) about as 'kryptonite' for us as is possible, and had the game not ended on turn 5 I'd have been pretty confident of pulling off at least a draw (probably a good job it did though, it was late and getting very cold in my garage!).

Batrep will follow once I've got the maps sorted and written up turn details.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC   Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Burning Eye 1500 TAC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: