THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Approx. 1750 pts of DE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raziel_
Slave
Raziel_

Approx. 1750 pts of DE Empty
PostSubject: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 18:51

Hi guys.

List for your comments below. Been out of the game for about 11 years. Been out of 40k for longer (played Dark Elves for a few years). Things are a lot different now compared to the 3rd edition DE I played back when.

Archon
Agoniser
Blaster
Webway Portal
Shadowfield
The Armour of Misery

5 Incubi
Klaivex
Venom
Extra Splinter Cannon

5 Trueborn
4 Blasters
Dracon
Splinter Pistol
Haywire Grenades
Venom
Extra Splinter Cannon

6 Mandrakes

10 Kabalite Warriors
Raider
Aethersails
Splinter Racks

10 Kabalite Warriors
Raider
Aethersails
Splinter Racks

5 Scourges
4 Haywire Blasters

5 Scourges
4 Haywire Blasters

5 Scourges
4 Blasters

Razorwing Jetfighter
Dark Lances
Night Shields

2 Talos
2 Chain Flails
2 Twin-linked Haywire Blasters

--

The idea is that, depending on the opponent, the Archon will turn up with either one of the 5 man Scourge units or the two Talos.

Mandrakes play distraction / sit on objective in cover.

The rest do what they normally do.

Have at it.
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 19:19

@Raziel_ wrote:

The idea is that, depending on the opponent, the Archon will turn up with either one of the 5 man Scourge units or the two Talos.

I'm still digesting the list a bit but wanted to make a pre-emptive note about this line. Your Archon cannot join a unit of Talos as they are a unit of Monstrous Creatures - which cannot have IC's joined to it. This changed in the 7th BRB.
Back to top Go down
Raziel_
Slave
Raziel_

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 23:32

Ah, thank you very much for pointing that out. He's in with the Scourges then!
Back to top Go down
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 12:49

The problem with WWP Archon / Scourges (in my eyes) is that the unit will most likely DS, then get blown to absolute pulp next turn!

Assuming your keeping Talos on turn. 1 and DS rest of army turn 2?

If so, I'd lose both the Shadowfield on Archon (or Armour of misery but I quite like it) and Klaivex so Archon can ride in style. I'd also lose the Sails and Splinter racks on Riadwr squads replacing them with a blaster each (in case of heavy mech list). And also haven't really needed WWP myself - bit of a waste in points in my opinion!

With points saved you could reinvest in more Kabalites (5 x man unit) with a blaster in a venom. I love those little units - blaster for AT, venom for some serious AI

Reducing Raider squads by a few Labalites you could also get a Wych squad or Reavers. Adding another dimension to CC. Reavers with blasters and caltrops are my favourite unit with the new Codex. Great as a mop up unit, CC or light armour hunters with their HoW attacks. They rock Wink
Back to top Go down
Raziel_
Slave
Raziel_

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 13:48

I was looking at Reavers for a long time. As you say, they're very effective all rounders and don't cost a load of points either.

I'll take your points into consideration about the raider squads but the list has:

10 Haywire Blaster shots
9 Blaster shots
2 Lance shots

Is that not decent anti-mech?

I see what you're saying about the DS Archon and Scourges though, but I like the idea of a surprise 5 blaster unit turning up behind a tank when I want them to.

I'll be looking at some 5-man Venom units too.

Thanks for the response!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 14:10

If you like the idea of the blasters arriving behind a tank why not put the archon with the blasterborn? Put the 5 of them and the Archon in a raider with a dark lance, webway portal to the place you want to be. Then you have your 6 lance shots and a bit more resilience if expensive! Or just deepstrike it anyway without the webway portal? That would be massive overkill though!

You can also drop things like the Dracon and use those points elsewhere. If your 5 man warrior/trueborn squad actually have to take a leadership test the chances are that most of them are already dead!

Reavers tick all 3 important boxes for me. Effective. Tick. Fun. Tick. Cool looking. Tick. Only problem is them constantly falling off the bases. But they are good little units!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Raziel_
Slave
Raziel_

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 14:22

Hi Grub.

Thanks for the response. You've got a point about using the Archon and Blasterborn together, but then I'd lose the AI of the Venom... Hmm

The Dracon is in there for the haywire grenade really - that's all.

Might make a second list that I can happily squeeze Reavers into that's fully mobile, could be fun!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 14:33

Drop the dragon, haywires, nightshirlds onthe razorwing and the agoniser and use a venom in fast attack perhaps?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 15:21

Yeah - had a game last night with Sybarites / Dracons with HWG just to see effectiveness - basically got blown to bits as rushed out of transports to use them + blasters...didn't end well! Lots of poor dice rolling on my part though.

Wouldn't bother with them as an upgrade in future as too tempting to get units to close that aren't built for CC!
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 16:18

I personally like the idea of Archon w/Armor of Misery with the Scourges IF, you are able to get to a transport that is isolated. Drop them in, pop the transport and then the unit inside will be taking a pinning test with -2LD.

I would agree with not taking the Shadowfield along with Armor of Misery. With AoM you are paying for a 4+ invuln that you will not get use out of bc of the Shadowfield.
Back to top Go down
Raziel_
Slave
Raziel_

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 17:51

Hi guys.

Thanks for the responses. Sounding like it might be worth dropping the Dracon and haywire grenades!

As for the Armour of Misery, it gives fantastic tactical options. Also it only gives a 6+ invuln, not a 4+, so the shadowfield should keep the archon alive a little while longer.

Been reading a lot about the Haemonculus Covens supplement. Might look into that and add the Cronos, Talos and Haemonculus formation to this list - somehow. It sounds crazy and would be an excellent distraction unit.
Back to top Go down
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 18:05

If you can afford Covens (points wise) then that combo would rock!

Do you not think 55 points for Shadowfield / Armour of Misery combo is overkill though? That's a whole venom!

Agree the the armour of misery is useful (I run an Archon with one) but rarely come across an opponent I need both for, especially in a unit of Incubi with 3+ save. Even in a challenge, an Archon should nearly always strike first & butcher most opponents...
Back to top Go down
Raziel_
Slave
Raziel_

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2014, 18:28

Yeah, I see your point about the armour / field combo. I might just take the field and see what the saved points from the dropped armour, dracon and haywire grenades will net me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Approx. 1750 pts of DE   Approx. 1750 pts of DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Approx. 1750 pts of DE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: