THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 Pure shooting Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar


Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 05:54

What are the merits of going a pure shooting Dark Eldar list?

Or we do still need assault to handle things that poison cannot reliably take out?

Previously I posted up a list that had about three assault units, with two gunboat raiders offering fire support, would it be a much better idea to three-four shooting units and 2 handling assault?

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble


Posts : 481
Join date : 2014-04-04
Location : CA

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:06

7th being the "shooty" edition I would say you are on to a good start. If you are talking about playing at your LGS then going all shoosty would be a nice tactic. If you are trying to make a strong all-comers list then braiding in some assault would be verry good too. Some of our best units right now preform wonders in assault. All 3 of our melee named characters got about 40-50 points removed from their previous cost without any nerfs. Lelith and Urien are both strong choices to take in a good list. It's looking like warriors in venoms with blasters is a really strong thing to still take, MSU FTW. Drop your melee groups in the raiders with NS Aether sails and I ALWAYS suggest putting that shock prow on the raider for an extra couple points because IMO that option is fantastic. Combined with our obvious vector towards fear bombing? rabble rabble space marines rabble. Remember the rule of thumb with assault units 1 is good so 2 is better. I have a list

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t10155-1850-formation-grot-bomb

that does a decent job at the idea you are talking about.

and I didnt include the shockprows in the cost but I am going to swap out the sybarites on the warriors in the raiders, at least putting it on the grot raider. Plus I only have 1 melee units in raiders.

_________________
Pure shooting Dark Eldar Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4im2h6edf0qooos40w8kocco4_640
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar


Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:16

The list I was thinking in this case, going pure shooty-

Archon w/ Blaster, Shadow Field, Venom, 2x SC- 180
Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blaster, Venom, 2x SC- 180
Trueborn- 5x, 4x Blaster, Venom, 2x SC- 180
Warriors- 10x, SC, Raider w/ DC, NS, SR- 180
Warriors- 10x, SC, Raider w/ DC, NS, SR- 180
Warriors- 10x, SC, Raider w/ DC, NS, SR- 180
Ravager- 3x DL, NS- 140
Ravager- 3x DL, NS- 140
Ravager- 3x DL, NS- 140

Compared to the list i have already got

Succubus w/ Glaive, Armor of Misery
4x Incubi w/ Venom 2x SC
10x Wyches, 2 hydras, hekatrix w/ agonizer, DC Raider, with Sails, NS
10x Warriors, SC, DC Raider w/ NS, SR
10x Warriors, SC, DC Raider w/ NS, SR
9x Reavers, 3x HL, 3x CC
5x Scourges 4x HL
Ravager- 3x DL, NS
Ravager- 3x DL, NS

First list has 18 darklight weapons. Second list has 6 darklights and 7 heat lances.

First list has no assault units, but has lots of poison
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble


Posts : 481
Join date : 2014-04-04
Location : CA

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:25

I like the second list more to be honest. give the scourges HWB, put the incubus and Succubus in a raider instead of the venom with NS and just chuck that unit at their face, at the right unit of course. Possibly swap the incubi with grots? I would also suggest you decice which role your Reavers will preform. With 3 HL and made to charge for HoW attacks? if they shoot at transport in double pen range then they wont get to charge and are stuck in the open. If they get into combat then they are not using your expensive guns. My two cents.

_________________
Pure shooting Dark Eldar Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4im2h6edf0qooos40w8kocco4_640
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar


Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:28

@Its_Rumble wrote:
I like the second list more to be honest. give the scourges HWB, put the incubus and Succubus in a raider instead of the venom with NS and just chuck that unit at their face, at the right unit of course. Possibly swap the incubi with grots? I would also suggest you decice which role your Reavers will preform. With 3 HL and made to charge for HoW attacks? if they shoot at transport in double pen range then they wont get to charge and are stuck in the open. If they get into combat then they are not using your expensive guns. My two cents.

Before I get into combat i use those three guns, to blast them in face. Either force them to duck and protect myself from overwatch, or kill some of the guys to 'even up' the assault odds. Against vehicles, if my lances fail then, they can charge in. If they work, i'll use the assault move to back out or charge its contents.

Raider with NS would necessitate i take out one hydra gauntlet from the wyches. Though 3 extra disintegrator shots though. Though by that point i'll also need an Aethersail.

Scourges with HL because I need that extra anti-tank kill/ anti-TEQ/MEQ boost.

A lot of people seem to see flexibility my list with the option of either detachment, units with multi-roles (Incubi can destroy vehicles in a pinch, assuming furious charge and wyches with the right drugs)


Last edited by PainReaver on Fri Oct 17 2014, 06:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO


Posts : 1057
Join date : 2012-04-13

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:29

Pure shooty is the way to go IMO. Why waste time in combat when you can shoot things to death. Your stuff is cheap enough that if something dies in assault, they're just waiting to get plucked to death next turn.

_________________
https://www.twitch.tv/lkhero
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar


Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 06:34

@HERO wrote:
Pure shooty is the way to go IMO.  Why waste time in combat when you can shoot things to death.  Your stuff is cheap enough that if something dies in assault, they're just waiting to get plucked to death next turn.

What do you think of my proposed shooty list (I'm trying to go pure here, 1500 pt)

Is there a way I can try and test out either list, or get someone to do it? I know VASSAL can do it, but it's a bit finicky to work with.

The problem with shooting lists, is that the enemy can also shoot you at full effect. And certain units like Centurions have to be locked down in combat before they can pulverize all your vehicles in 2 turns or less.

How would a pure shooting list go against this:

Belial
3x Deathwing Squads (2 squads with cyclones, 1 with assault cannon)
2x Ravenwing Squads (both has teleport homers)

The Ravenwings run up turbo boost, and place teleport homers, Belial moves in field and functions as a telly homer himself. So now the Terminators can appear from 3 potential teleport homer spots or failing that, simply teleport in the field.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve


Posts : 1206
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : Ferrara - Emiglia Romagna

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 02:50

Simply a pure shooting DE will kill a lot of ravenwing bikes.

Explain:

Archon am
venom
Archon am
venom
lahem
venom
lahem
venom
5kabal am
5 kabal am
5 kabal am
5 kabal am
venom venom venom venom
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 3 em

1500 points. 96 splinter hits only by venoms. U can add the 32 at short range by Kabalites.
And all the blasters.

how much ravenwings bikes remain on the table after that shooting phase? Even if you lose 2 Venoms (2 unit of ravenbikes) u seriously go for wipe out. Or kill almost one beacon.

That list can seriously compete against Tau and Wave spam. And it crush Daemons even with twinlinked 2++
Yes u need a bit of skill, but that's a standard with Dark Eldars. I think that is one of the powerfull list u can write with the Codex (not mine personally, I like CC, but that list seriously don't need it)
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite
avatar


Posts : 374
Join date : 2012-10-21

Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18 2014, 02:59

@Cerve wrote:
Simply a pure shooting DE will kill a lot of ravenwing bikes.

Explain:

Archon am
venom
Archon am
venom
lahem
venom
lahem
venom
5kabal am
5 kabal am
5 kabal am
5 kabal am
venom venom venom venom
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 4 em
5 scourges 3 em

1500 points. 96 splinter hits only by venoms. U can add the 32 at short range by Kabalites.
And all the blasters.

how much ravenwings bikes remain on the table after that shooting phase? Even if you lose 2 Venoms (2 unit of ravenbikes) u seriously go for wipe out. Or kill almost one beacon.

That list can seriously compete against Tau and Wave spam. And it crush Daemons even with twinlinked 2++
Yes u need a bit of skill, but that's a standard with Dark Eldars. I think that is one of the powerfull list u can write with the Codex (not mine personally, I like CC, but that list seriously don't need it)

That's quite a list, i have to say. Though the deathwing part will kill me though.

Might consider it for a competitive flavour. Though my local meta is quite small on the models, as warhammer is expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Pure shooting Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pure shooting Dark Eldar   Pure shooting Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Pure shooting Dark Eldar
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: