THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar 750

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rybnick
Slave

Dark Eldar 750 Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar 750   Dark Eldar 750 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 17:10

Greetings, I am currently working on a 750 point list for a local league and having a pretty difficult time (as you can imagine) creating a force that is decently balanced and not a complete pushover at that point level. The league has a few limiting factors namely that no formation or detachments are allowed, but allies are allowed. At 750 points allies aren't really much of an option though.

My initial list I tested last night was this:

Archon WWP, haywire grenade, Venom 2x cannons
Court w/ 2x Medusae, Venom 2x cannons
2x 5 Kabalite Warriors w/ blaster, Raider w/ Dark Lance
6 Reavers w/ 2 Caltrops
1 Ravager 3x Dissies

Kind of going for "armor" saturation initially, everything deploys save the Archon and court obviously. I played against a somewhat typical Eldar list (jetbikeseer, 6 bikes w/ cannons, nightspinner, waver serpent, 5 spiders, and 6 hawks). Everything went ok the first turn but come turn two all my AT failed to cause jinks/damage and the spinner and falcon just gutted me. The definite weakness is AT I think, I did lose all but 1 bike in the first turn to his falcon which hurt my AT too.

This list is kind of the rock to my scissors and I can see it doing ok against some other armies at this point level, anyone have any thoughts on what could be done to improve it?

Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Dark Eldar 750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 750   Dark Eldar 750 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 17:36

Do you have to be battle forged?
Back to top Go down
Rybnick
Slave

Dark Eldar 750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 750   Dark Eldar 750 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 17:41

I'll have to consult the rules but I don't think we necessarily have to be battle forged for some reason my brain did not even shift gears into that thought process.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

Dark Eldar 750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 750   Dark Eldar 750 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 00:52

I'd say drop the blasters from the warriors, don't upgrade the raiders to DL. Give the raider splinter racks.

Drop the Ravager and pick up a unit of blaster scourges. Use those to deal with the wave serpent.

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Dark Eldar 750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 750   Dark Eldar 750 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 01:31

I'd drop the archon. This saves you 100 points to spend on the scourges. Then drop the blaster from the warriors and the dl should give you enough points to get 4 Heat lances or some other weapons on the scourges. And if you can do unbound you can troll the enemy with 75 khymera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Eldar 750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 750   Dark Eldar 750 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar 750
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-