THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Freakish Spectacle

Go down 
+16
The_Burning_Eye
valmir
Mr. Ghoti
Ollelta
El_Jairo
Klaivex Charondyr
BetrayTheWorld
Norrin
merse24
DingK
darkgear
Count Adhemar
lessthanjeff
Starkadder
Squidmaster
Deamon
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03 2014, 13:30

seems like if you've got some freakish nightmares bearing down on you, you're a bit scared, if you've got lots of them you're proportionately more scared - see, it even works from the fluff perspective too!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 22:07

and on a related note...
Soulfright: "Wounds cannot be allocated to models with the Fearless or ATSKNF special rules."

Does this mean, that if shooting at a unit that in itself is not fearless, but which has a Fearless character standing as the closest target, then the wounds would just go to the next in line behind him? I'm thinking yes.....
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2014, 22:09

Yep, sounds right to me.
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 18:54

Apologies if this is a thread necro, but this thread seems to be the most on point.

Now that these rules have been out in the wild for awhile, has a consensus developed about stacking the debuff from different formations, for example from both DA and Grotesquerie?

Parsing the thread above, it seems that since they are different detachments, it seems like stacking is allowed

"Enemy units within 12" of one or more units from this detachment suffer -1 to their Leadership value."

How about between different Grotesquerie units? Seems like not.

I'm going to the BAO in the coming weeks with multiple coven formations, so I may ask the TOs what the ruling is on this (and the nightmare doll thing, possibly), so that I can be confident in my in-game decision making in the event someone raises the issue.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 21:52

Im going with DingK here;

@DingK wrote:
Since when does a rule stack with itself? Unless otherwise stated, it never does
This is just another one of those badly proofread statements GW has been riddling books with. It's not as  bad as the Splinter Rack, but surely, we all understand that, RAI, an enemy unit can only receive a single -1 penalty. Regardless of the number of units or detachments they are from.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 22:57

I originally thought they would not stack but I'm now of the opinion that they do. The rules state that a model cannot gain the benefit of a special rule more than once. I don't think that a Ld debuff can be described as a benefit. Bit pedantic maybe but what the hell. We need any advantage we can get!

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 05:53

Not to repeat myself, but Adhemar has it. The rule (in 7th) is that a model cannot gain the benefit of a special rule more than once. In the case of two overlapping Spectacle bubbles, no one is gaining a benefit more than once.

Other than that, there is no rule about special rules stacking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freakish Spectacle   Freakish Spectacle - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freakish Spectacle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: