THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 new to DE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
park1nsons
Slave
park1nsons

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 00:37

hey guys just started collecting DE and was wondering if i could get some feedback on my list i wrote up. I have been reading the posts form others on here so i think this is a good starting point for an army. I plan on having a 1250 1500 1850 and 2000pts army, being able to add units dependent on what point level i am playing at cheers

HQ
Succubus Archite glave Armor of misery Haywire grenades 115

TROOPS
Kabalite warriors (10) Sybarite haywire grenades Raider Splinter Racks 165
Kabalite warriors (10) Sybarite haywire grenades Raider Splinter Racks 165
Kabalite warriors (5) Sybarite Venom Splinter Cannon 115

ELITES
Incubi (4) Kalivex Venon Splinter cannon 155

FAST ATTACK
Reavers (6) Arena champion 2 Cluster Caltrops 136
Scourges (5) Solarite 4 Haywire Blasters 130
Scourges (5) Solarite 4 Haywire Blasters 130

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager 3 Dark Lances Night Shields 140
Total 1251
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 20:58

Welcome, you picked a helluva time to sign up!

The list looks like a good base for starting an army! I would consider dropping the sybarites and solarites. Use those points to give the arena champion a power weapon or something to give it a bit more punch! Then give the two warrior squads on raiders a cannon each.

I think then you will have a good starter and you can start experimenting with what works for you and what you enjoy!

Best of luck!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 23:11

Welcome!

I'd agree with dropping the solarites and sybarites - you'll mainly be taking them for the extra leadership, but by turn 5 when you really need it you're fearless anyway.

I'd spend those points on giving the raiders night shields though - it kinda depends on what armies you'll be facing (don't bother if you have opponents that play tau or eldar wave serpent lists) but against a lot of opponents, a 3+ jink can be insanely durable and annoying (I had a raider take the fire of two tactical squads, a command squad and a devastator squad on thursday only suffering a single glance, then it suffered another one glance to krak grenades in combat - that's a 90 point vehicle taking fire from well over 500 points of enemy units and flying out the other side of it, even if most of it was small arms fire).

I personally wouldn't bother with splinter cannons, they're quite expensive now and generally you'll want to be moving with your gunboats so they'll be at cut down range and only 4 shots.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
park1nsons
Slave
park1nsons

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 06:09

do you think its work Deep Striking the raiders in or moving them up the board cover to cover?
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 07:21

^This. Didn't realise the raiders didn't have Night Shields. That first.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 08:46

park1nsons wrote:
do you think its work Deep Striking the raiders in or moving them up the board cover to cover?

There are two parts to the answer really - first is how much line of sight blocking terrain there is on the board, and how many weapons your opponent has that don't need line of sight. Starting raiders on the board is fine, but the best way to keep them alive is for the enemy not to be able to target them.

Second, is what are you going to have on the board to start with? You've probably heard our units can be kinda fragile, so you need to have enough on the board to begin with to make sure you get to turn two with stuff still alive and your reserves start to appear.

In short, whether you deep strike them in is going to be a matter of experience as you start to get games under your belt.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Grub
Wych
Grub

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 09:03

I would start off playing with them on the board. As you gain experience you can develop tactics like that.

I would assume that everything else would be on the board anyway but venoms are really not durable, in smaller games like 1250 points I would try and have as much on the board at once, hiding it away etc, maximise your effectiveness early on, force target saturation.

Back to top Go down
Archon2589
Hellion
Archon2589

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 15:21

This seems OP ;P
Back to top Go down
thedark
Slave
thedark

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13 2014, 21:32

looks really great  Very Happy , but I would sell the three sybarites with splinter cannons to the kabalite warriors in raiders. drop the two cluster caltrops and the Arena champion, and give them to heat lances. Also drop the to solarites. And final buy 3X mandrakes.

=1247 pt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1250 new to DE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1250 new to DE   1250 new to DE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 new to DE
Page 1 of 1