THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Darkening a basecoat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AiEthimar
Hellion
AiEthimar

Darkening a basecoat Empty
PostSubject: Darkening a basecoat   Darkening a basecoat I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 00:13

So in order to take advantage of a LGS deal I picked up a can of Maccrage blue basecoat spray.  I was nervous it would be too bright/royal blue, and lo and behold it is just a bit too bright.  I have some Asurmen blue wash and I'm hoping that might help darken things to an extent, but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for a way to darken this ultramarine blue up...

AE

DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Darkening a basecoat   Darkening a basecoat I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 07:46

Black wash, so Nuln Oil.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Darkening a basecoat   Darkening a basecoat I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 09:30

Drakenhof nightshade. Dark blue ink.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Darkening a basecoat   Darkening a basecoat I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 14:16

Either of the above, I prefer nuln oil as it really deepens the shadows. I don't think asurmen will have enough of an effect, but it's just taste really. Washes always help.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkening a basecoat   Darkening a basecoat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkening a basecoat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: