THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

And the first shall be last

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

And the first shall be last Empty
PostSubject: And the first shall be last   And the first shall be last I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 23:55

I played my first game with the new dex on Thursday - trying out lots of new things, so it was anything but a cohesive list. My opponent did the same, not taking his competition DA list, so it was by no means a huge test of things, but it certainly gave me some pointers - read the write up here

I'm optimistic on this basis that I can definitely use the codex in my meta confident that I'm not going to get roasted every time unless i take a heavy dose of eldar allies, realistically the game was over by turn three as a contest, it was just a matter of how long it would take me to mop up Belial and his terminator squad.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: And the first shall be last   And the first shall be last I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 02:45

Very nice! I loved that it was a warrior squad that wiped out beliel!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: And the first shall be last   And the first shall be last I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 11:10

I was really keen to try and see how PfP affected the warriors at the end of the game - do they actually become viable for assaulting if necessary (bearing in mind that shooting wasn't an option as Belial was already in combat and the scourges were unlikely to cause enough wounds to do it on their own.

Turns out yes they are, with 30 attacks from a full squad at S4 they should on average cause 7-8 wounds on WS4 T4, and more like 13-14 on WS3 T3. Enough to give most units something to think about in the last turns of a game.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: And the first shall be last   And the first shall be last I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 16:39

I'm really not worried about our codex capacity to deal with an almost all infantry list like the one you faced. But toss a couple of rhino into that mix and suddenly we're in trouble.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: And the first shall be last   And the first shall be last I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 17:08

Yeah i'm hoping to try stuff out against a sisters list before long, which has at least half a dozen rhino chassis in it, along with a pair of exorcists

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the first shall be last   And the first shall be last I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And the first shall be last
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: