THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 - Coven-Aggro list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

1850 - Coven-Aggro list Empty
PostSubject: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 14:46

I've been crunching some pure DE lists since the book came out and finally landed on something I'm curious to get other's opinions on.  I have a version with a CAD but decided to drop a couple troops and run with another Razorwing in a RRD instead.

HQ:
Succubus (Warlord, Splinter Pistol, Armour of Misery, Haywire Grenades, Archite Glave)
Haemonculus (Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, Animus Vitae)

Elites:
3 Grotesques (2 Liquifiers, 1 Aberration with Agonizer)
- Raider (Dissi, Shock Prow, Aethersails)

10 Wracks (2 Ossefactors, 1 Acothyst with Hexrifle, Venom blade)
- Raider (Dissi, Shock Prow)

10 Wracks (2 Ossefactors, 1 Acothyst with Hexrifle, Venom blade)
- Raider (Dissi, Shock Prow)

Troops:
5 Warriors
- Venom (2 cannons)

5 Warriors
- Venom (2 cannons)

5 Warriors
- Venom (2 cannons)

Fast Attack:
Razorwing (stock)
Razorwing (stock)
5 Scourge (4 Blasters, 1 Solarite with Venom Blade and Splinter Pistol)
5 Scourge (4 Haywire, 1 Solarite with Venom Blade and Splinter Pistol)

Total: 1850

Initial Strategy:
- While deployment may change depending on my opponent, I would look keeping 1-2 Venoms in reserve with the Razorwings and deploy the rest.  

- Haemy and Succubus would be joined to the Grots.

- Scourge would need to hide initally in order to jump forward and blast a vehicle/transport.  Once enemy troops are on the ground, the rest of the army can address them.  Scourge only need to address vehicles until the Flyers come in.

- Grots would flat out in their raider first turn in order to focus on a turn 2 assault (hopefully supported by a death from the Animus Vitae (giving the unit Furious Charge on turn 2).

- If cover-reliant units (i.e. 2+ cover saves) are deployed by my opponent, they would be a priority for my Grots' liquifier guns

- Wracks would also aim to address any ground troops.  Using the ossefactors and the Raider's dissi to hopefully take a chunk out of the units before charging in.

- Shock Prows are added to provide the raiders with extra anti-tank in the event they are alive after they dropped off their cargo.

- Venoms/troops are present really only for objective grabs and to address flank/secondary targets.

Last edited by Unholyllama on Fri Oct 10 2014, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 15:04

I don't think I'd call 3 grots a "bomb"... lol
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 15:24

@django_unchained wrote:
I don't think I'd call 3 grots a "bomb"... lol

Well true but I throw it into the fray and it usually leaves a pile of bodies. /shrug
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 15:28

I tend to qualify the "bomb" as 4 grots with 2 haemy's (urien) in a raider.
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 15:32

@django_unchained wrote:
I tend to qualify the "bomb" as 4 grots with 2 haemy's (urien) in a raider.

I agreed with that in the last book, the current one though, I am not so certain on the mix. Urien got pretty nerfed in my opinion and Haemy's PFP ability doesn't stack any more so /shrug.

A 4th grot could be added to the list though. My only concern with adding a 4th is that it's even more likely that I'll be left in the open after smashing a unit - 3 tends to work just as well in my opinion but adds a small chance that a unit will survive and keep me locked until my opponent's turn (so i don't get shot).
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 16:08

I normally run 8 grots in two raiders with aethersails and night shields, straight into opponents face turn 1 with their 36" move. Now with the grots being fearless turn 2 if you run a coven detachment there is no need for a HQ's with them for the leadership boost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 - Coven-Aggro list   1850 - Coven-Aggro list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 - Coven-Aggro list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: