So this is my first game with our new codex. We picked Maelstrom Mission #4. CWE won a dice roll and decided to attack later; they did not try Seize the Initiative also. Eldrad picked FIVE
psychic powers from Runes of Fate, except for Death Mission & Doom. I failed a roll for Nightfighting.
My deployment: 5 warriors in a workshop of haemonculi (which had been known for Imperial Bunker
) + 3 grots in a raider with enhanced aethersails. Everything else is in reserves.
CWE deployment: fire prism, avatar of Khaine, wraithlord, 7 wraithguards, two units of guardians in 2 waveserpents, led by Eldrad Ulthran.
Turn 1. One dark lance killed one WG, while one prism cannon caused a collapse of the workshop; two warriors were buried under the building and the others got pinned. Nothing else special.Turn 2. IT'S THE REALSPACE RAAAAAAAAAAID!
All units in reserve came out and.....massacre.
- Blasterborns (led by Archon Yurien with a blaster) came out from WWP and burst the fire prism.
- Warrior gunboat came out from WWP and made 3 wounds for the avatar.
- And then, the DSing wrack squad (+ venom) finally blew down the avatar. The ossefactor caused 2 wounds! I love our new weapon technology
- Dark Artisan and his creatures from WWP: spirit syphon did nothing (poor S3...) but Talos managed to kill another WG with his tail weapon.
- Finally, Eldrad was IDed by failing his invuln save for only one DL shot. (I know, it was wrong decision for him to walk alone)
So, game over. But my opponent suggested continuing as I wanted to test other DE units (thanks again pal!). In his Turn 2 every units shot at that Dark Artisan Formation.....and NO WOUND AT ALL. Combined with his bad luck today, the majority T7 and FNP(4+) with 1-reroll were tough enough against almost every weapons - except for those wraithcannons
Anyway, WG charged but swept as the formation had gained WS+1 and I+1.
Turn 3. Grots disembarked and charged into a squad of guardians.
The dice (finally) helped CWE; they rolled six 6's among ten overwatch shots, gave 2 wounds for the grots. They added 2 more wounds in the close combat. Unfortunately, no grot was dead and then guardians were wiped out in that phase. No more enemies = DE win.
I admit that my opponent was not accustomed to the game (it was his 4th game) and thus will not exaggerate the power of our new codex at this point.
However, I was very excited to play the new DE with all changes in units, wargears, detachments, supplement, PfP, and combat drugs. We got new puzzles for fun, my fellows! I love this attractive army more and more with the new codex
==========================War history of Gum-Un'dar Councilvs Blood Angels (2000 pts) /w old codexvs Blood Angels (1500 pts) /w old codexvs Eldar (1500 pts)