THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls  Empty
PostSubject: 1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls     1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 03:55

I am going to Cruise hammer this weekend http://www.tshftopen.com/TSHFT_at_Sea.php
and they are fallowing the BAO mission pack. This is an event with winners from multiple TSHFT events. This is a small tournament with only about a dozen of so players. All very good, fun and competitive players.

I was going to bring my Eldar to kick some ass, but with my first love the Dark Eldar getting a new book then I feel that this will be good practice for them. I figure that I can get plenty of games throughout the week besides just tourney games. This will give me plenty of practice as I hope to get at least a dozen games under my belt with the new book.

The tourney is 1850

This is what I plan on taking. I will leave a few comments after the list with some alternate ideas of mine. I have points left over.

Rulebook CAD
HQ

Haemonculus 70pts w/ WWP, Armour of misery, Flesh gauntlet or Scissorhand?. 130pts

ELITE

5 Trueborn w/ 4 Blasters
Venom w/ extra cannon. 180pts

3 Grotesques w/ 1 Liquefier gun. Aberration w/ Agoniser
Raider w/ dissi. 210pts

TROOP

5 Kabalites w/ Blaster
Venom w/ extra cannon. 120pts

5 Kabalites w/ Blaster
Venom w/ extra cannon. 120pts

10 Kabalites w/ Scannon
Raider w/ dissi, NS and racks. 175pts

FAST ATTACK

5 Scourges w/ 4 haywire blasters 120pts

5 Scourges w/ 4 haywire blasters 120pts

Razorwing Jet Fighter w/ Dark Lances and NS. 155pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravanger w/ 3 Dark Lances 125pts

Ravanger w/ 3 Dark Lances 125pts

2 Talos w/ Twin Scannons, Chain flails. 250pts

1830 points. I have 20 points left to spend. I may remove the combat weapon from the Haemonculus to give me 30 points left over.

Something I am wondering about is should I take an Archon with Shadowfield, WWP and either a huskblade or agoniser for 160pts. My HQ will of course be baby sitting the GROTS. I'd have to find a few more points.

I saw that Mushkilla mentioned the Aberration taking an agoniser for the killing of everything MEQ related. Seems like a good yet pricy idea. This makes the GROTS not just good at taking out GEQ, but MEQ as well. I would like to consider NS on the ravangers, but I don't see it as necessary as I don't always want them jinking. I'll consider it though.
With the Talos I am considering taking twin haywire instead of the Twin Scannons. But I think extra AI is always nice. Besides with Trueborn, Scourges and ravangers I think I have enough at.

Any ideas or changes you would make to the list? Could I do something better with the HQ? enough objective secured? Should I drop to Trueborn for more Objective secured Kabalites? Gunboad or Venom for Kabalite then?

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls     1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 06:12

Not sure how I feel about the very specialized dissie raider unit. Most advice I've read about Dark Eldar is for every squad to have both Anti-tank and Anti-infantry roles, the better to take advantage of openings of all kinds. Just my two cents, take with salt (Or your enemy's tears. Those are salty right?)

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls     1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09 2014, 18:04

Yeah I see your point in that. The unit has one purpose and that is to reroll splinter fire. Will def consider the blaster.

I am wondering if I should drop the liquefier from the GROTS or add another 1 on the normal grot and maybe one on the haemonculus?

Chain snares good on my Talos? Makes them much better vs other MCs and helps from those dreaded 1's to wound

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls     1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 16:06

I would say the chain flails are fine (they're only 5 points), I would just trade the Dissie on your Dissie Raider up for a Dark Lance. Way cheaper than a Blaster on your infantry.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls     1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pts for a tourney this wknd. C&C pls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: