THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

New codex 1000pt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kuzzuk
Hellion

New codex 1000pt Empty
PostSubject: New codex 1000pt   New codex 1000pt I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 01:20

Hi guys, trying to get my head around the new codex, there's a few things I love but it's hard work figuring out how to put stuff together so I wanted abit of advice and ideas Smile

Here's the plan so far

Hq:
Succubus, with glaive, haywire grenade and wwp

Troops:
4x
5 warriors in venom with duel cannon

Fast:
5 scourge with 4 heat lance

ALONG WITH

coven detachment one

1x haeme with gauntlet and wwp

2x unit of three grots

1000 Pts bang on

I love the wwp and detachment for the grots as I think they will be brutal!! However, the two seperate squads of grots required means another hq with wwp for delivery, a succy with ap2 fits the gap for lack of ap2 but it gets dam expensive, IDE rather have one big squad but without taking them from the coven suppliment they don't have fearless, or the good buffs.... Can't decide what to do with them, any thoughts?

Also I like the idea of 5 warriors with a dark lance in duel cannon venoms to make up for a ravager, I think for a few points over a blaster it's worth it but what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Dielema
Slave
Dielema

New codex 1000pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New codex 1000pt   New codex 1000pt I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 07:44

i feel like your succubus is out of place and you would find a better use with an archon. Archons seem to be a bit tougher with the access to the 2++.

i like that your spamming venoms even though i prefer the raider gunboat personally. i also feel that warriors should almost never take a darklance. DE are meant to be mobile, which doesnt work well with heavy weapons on infantry teams. Leave the tank hunting to tank hunters, like ravagers, trueborn or scourges.
Back to top Go down
kuzzuk
Hellion

New codex 1000pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New codex 1000pt   New codex 1000pt I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 14:35

Thanks Dielema for the reply!

I agree archons are more survivable, and the new shadow field helps that a little more than it did too (a buff :O ), but the grotesques accompanying the 'standard' HQ need some thing to help them if they get assaulted by termies or other nasties with 2+sv and str 10, succy fills this niche (till she goes splat lol).

I made a mistake thinking warriors could take a lance in a 5 man squad, which means i'm really low on AT, but with no lance weapons i did save ~80pt so if i find a bit more i could afford to fit another scorge squad in.

Out of interest , how do you plan on using your ravagers?
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

New codex 1000pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New codex 1000pt   New codex 1000pt I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2014, 23:51

I plan on using one dissie ravager naked and one with three lances and stealth. First one might deep strike, second one hides behind ruins.

I like the succi with the grots, plan to do that myself. You can take blasters and buy some stuff from leftovers like relics or you can take blasterborn instead of one warrior unit. Or lanceborn. And Its the smallest thing and wont do much, but do you think you need the haywire in a unit with like 3 S5 attacks base? Also you might not need the gauntlet. Suggestion: blasterborn, 15 pts left, let go of the HWG and gauntlet and take helmet of psycher annoing on haemi and the parasite pistol on succi XD or archangel or whatever

Alternative: take a second squad of scourges, leave one warrior/venom squad at home and buy one dissie raider for grots
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New codex 1000pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New codex 1000pt   New codex 1000pt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New codex 1000pt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-