HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Jan 21 2013, 03:45

Truly dog the usage of the Reaver cowling! That, and , well, EVERYTHING else Twisted Evil
What is the Gyrinx based on?

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Jan 21 2013, 13:11

Thanks ESE!

The Gyrinx is a Kings of War Elven Archer Battle Cat. I added the ears and mane to make it more like the Gyrinx concept art I've seen.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Jan 21 2013, 13:29

I absolutely love what you've done here. The Gyrinx is the cherry on the top. Great choice of bits, and very clever modeling. Can't wait to see it painted.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Jan 21 2013, 17:53

Very cool. That's the kind of craft I can really see Vect using. Riding in style!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Jan 21 2013, 19:41

Teh kitteh is nice but it's no pony.

I'll shut up now.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 22 2013, 04:07

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I hope to start airbrushing this beast by next week. Gotta clear a few projects off the bench Smile

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:26

Now that's a Dais of Destruction, not the weedy little wannabe-Ravager that GW wishes us to believe serves as Vect's ride! Marvelous work, I assume it wasn't easy at all, considering the fickle nature of Forge World resin in such massive kits. Fantastic detail!

Have you thought about giving the two bodyguard Incubi coats like on the old Dais? Even though I'm not a big fan of the old DE line, those fellows always looked exceptional to me.

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:30

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Here's my progress for Day 1.

Hull
I laid a 2 tone hull color down using Vallejo Game Color Scurvy Green as the base color and Game Color Turqoise for the highlight. This will be further hand detailed in the future.

Deck Plating
I laid a base patina down with the base Scurvy green color mixed with Vallejo Air Camo Light Green. The sprayed some Vallejo Air Copper and Valljeo Air Bright Brass. I plan to add a Patina wash to this in the future as well.

Sail

I laid a 2 tone down with Vallejo Air Fire Red as the base and a highlight of Vallejo Air Signal Red. I then sprayed a little bit of Vallejo Air Light red on the outer edges followed by a spary of Old School GW red ink in the areas nearest the mechanical parts of the sail.

More progress coming soon.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:36

That looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:32

Very striking! It's a sleek wee beastie and will look magnificent when it's done I'm sure!

~ Aim to please, shoot to kill. ~
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Feb 26 2013, 17:04

A fair amount of progress has been made on the Dais of Destruction. The crew are well underway, base colors and some base highlights added. The throne itself is almost finished as well as the Staffmaiden and Pilot.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Feb 26 2013, 17:45

Yup, this is shaping up to be awesome. Keepthose updates rolling sir Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Feb 26 2013, 17:54

Wow! The Supreme Overlord's ride is shaping up great! Can't wait to see the whole thing finished!

Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Feb 26 2013, 18:58

Wow. This project is coming out gorgeous. The throne is a thing of beauty. The paint job is so crisp, and clean and the colors are super vibrant. Looking great.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Feb 26 2013, 21:57

popping and shocking great model with some smart mods with a paint scheme that pulls it together cant wait to see it all assembled. i would be lieing if i said i didn't wish you would make a full retinue desirving of such a archon

Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Feb 26 2013, 22:23

Thanks guys for the compliments! Hopefully I'll have more updates by new week.

@King Alacran, I did build and paint a whole court Smile
Full article here: http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/2011/12/asdrubael-vect-and-his-court-painted.html

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Feb 27 2013, 00:13

Dang it i forgot about them especially the medusa i just didn't click on your sig. as i was looking for your arena diorama also. are you still going to darken the whole model like the rest of your court as i thought that court would be for another archon as your just really starting up your third DE army

Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Feb 27 2013, 14:08

The armor on the Dais is not done yet, it's going to be substantially darkened with thin washes and blending before it's done. So it'll be greener and darker like the rest of the finished figs. What a Face

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Feb 27 2013, 17:43

I detect large quantities of win in this sector Laughing

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Mar 04 2013, 17:44

More Progress on Vect's Pimp Ride…

I've Darkened the Hull color and the Crew armor color with a wash of Thraka green and some final sharp highlights. I painted tribal marking on the Front Port bow and Rear Starboard bow.

I began work on painting the Black Heart sigil on the sail.

2 Incubi bodyguards all almost finished.

I sculpted 3 large thrusters for the engine which will have an OSL effect and began painting the trophy spikes that go behind the throne.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Mar 04 2013, 18:02

These little updates really make me wish to see the whole thing coming together! All around fantastic painting and very good freehanding.

It's a bit of a shame you didn't sculpt the longcoats for the Incubi, though... they really gave the old Vect's bodyguard the extra oomph. Doesn't matter though, everything looks great anyway!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   

Back to top Go down

Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: