Share | 

Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Fri Aug 12 2011, 18:44

The core body was a Dark Eldar Archon Finecast figure with some details shaved off or modified. The shoulder pads, fur pelt, knee pads and hair were sculpted from greenstuff as well as the Obsidian Orb which replaced the flaming pyramid in the right hand of the Finecast figure. The head is a High Elf Dragon Prince Helmet with the front detail shaved and sculpted to match a Dark Eldar Aesthetic and the back banner is from a Dark Elf Corsair banner. Several small gemstones were shaved off assorted High Elf bits and added all over Vect, including on the gloves, front helmet and shoulder pads.

The staff arm started off as a Dark Eldar pike arm rom the Raider crew, but the glove was sculpted to match the Archon glove on the right hand. The staff itself is comprised bits of several High Elf Mage staff pieces as well as some Dark Eldar vehicle blades.

The base is mostly sculpted from greenstuff with the exception of the face itself which is from a Scibor basing kit and the side of the helmet fin which was a rudder from a Dark Eldar Raider.

I plan to give him this Court of the Archon when finished: HERE

Last edited by The Eye of Error on Mon Mar 04 2013, 17:44; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Fri Aug 12 2011, 19:37

Looks solid.

Congrats on your MWC win.

Whats your plan for the Dragon!?!?!

Come on... you know you want to tell us.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Fri Aug 12 2011, 20:43

That is officially cool as all get out. Very nice conversion. Can't wait to see it painted.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Darth Pepper
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Fri Sep 23 2011, 22:32

Very VERY cool idea for the base! And the many parts works well with the model. Looking forward to the painted version!
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 01 2013, 15:34

I just realized after all this time that I never posted painted pics of this conversion. Here they are!

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 01 2013, 16:47

Yup, pretty much a classic slice of awesome. Still my favorite Vect conversion. Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 01 2013, 17:29

Fantastic work! Love it.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Jan 02 2013, 07:20

Oozes power and command. Your Vect is a great centrepiece for your army, EoE.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 08 2013, 03:59

I had to snap a few quick pics as I was working on this Beauty.

Asdrubaels Vect's Pimp Ride; The Dais of Destruction, converted from a Forge World Tantalus Sky Serpent so graciously sent me after I redesigned the look of the Dark City Forum.

I started with a base Tantalus, added side gunners and an underslung las. I modified the shape of the sail around to accommodate them and I removed the pilot area and made that Vect's throne.

I still have a fair amount of work to do (like reconverting a new Vect mini sitting down) however, here's some pics of current status.

Last edited by The Eye of Error on Fri Jan 11 2013, 14:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Tue Jan 08 2013, 09:25

Looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished article!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Jan 09 2013, 05:56

make sure you leave enough room for some "slaves" up there... if you don't know what to use... i could recommend some of the ladies from hasslefree Twisted Evil

In any chase, i deeply envy you for this beauty!
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Jan 09 2013, 06:03

Awesome work! Love it!
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Jan 09 2013, 07:12

I'm so jealous of this vehicle, cant wait to see how it progresses
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Jan 09 2013, 13:33

My word Shocked
More pics please Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Wed Jan 09 2013, 14:00

You need to clean up, your oozing excellence all over the place...

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 03:24

Thank you guys! I hoping this is my Dark Eldar tour de force.

This Boat is getting full!

Some more quick pics. (Terrible lighting I know)

I added the pilot, moved him down to lower front between the gunners. He originally was in the throne spot on the Tantalus Model. I added Vect's Staff Madien, worked on the throne some more and worked on the head honcho himself.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 05:27

Wow! Love the addition of the passengers, though I'll call you a slacker for not sculpting cool retro cloaks on the Incubi to get the full effect Razz
(totally kidding; this is freaking AWESOME Twisted Evil )

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:29

Looks fantastic so far.

I second ESE's suggestion for cloaked Incubi.
I want to see an alien pet, more banners and maybe the vect slave girls too to tie it all together.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 12:34

@Sky Serpent wrote:
I want to see an alien pet, more banners and maybe the vect slave girls too to tie it all together.

And a pony. Vect should definitely have a pony.

Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 14:57

@Sky Serpent wrote:
Looks fantastic so far.

I def think I'm going to add the cloaks.
There is a dead elf at the base of one of the incubi, but I don't think I have room on the boat for slave girls.

...But I would like to add a Grinx!

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 15:09

@The Eye of Error wrote:
@Sky Serpent wrote:
Looks fantastic so far.

I def think I'm going to add the cloaks.
There is a dead elf at the base of one of the incubi, but I don't think I have room on the boat for slave girls.

...But I would like to add a Grinx!

Wouldn't leave much room for the pony though.

Sorry, I seem to have become slighlty obsessed over the pony.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 17:35

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Sky Serpent wrote:

Will it be made out of diamonds and named butt stallion??? Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Super Dave
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 18:46

@Shadows Revenge wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Sky Serpent wrote:

Will it be made out of diamonds and named butt stallion??? Razz

By the Muses I hope so!!!!

Looking good, Eye! Just make sure your beastmasters have made the proper arrangements in the stables for a certain equine addition.

Venom's been vandalized? Raider's been ransacked? Don't you worry your shriveled soul away! Come on down to Super Dave's Super Coups and Salvage! Skyboard bust a wing? We'll give you a Reaver! Jetbike won't start? We'll hook you up with one of our local... ~cough~ Professional mechanics ~cough~ and set you up in the transport of your dreams. Don't want to fly? Think walking around will suffice? We'll shoot you in the foot! So come on down!!!
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Thu Jan 10 2013, 20:52

That boat is looking fantastic. I can't wait to see more.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   Mon Jan 21 2013, 00:43

At last the Dais is fully built.

Here's some beauty pics before I get into the details.

I started with the base Tantalus by drilling holes and putting reenforced brass tubing in for the stand. The FW kit came with a feeble plastic flying stand, what a joke.

The sail (Which was a night mare of a casting and highly warped when I received it) had to be substantially modified for 2 reasons. There was a huge amount of flash and miscasting and it extended too far back to accommdate all the crew and the new position of the pilot, underslung Lance and Vect's throne.

I added side Dark Lancers using raider prow gunners and installing magnetic mounts for the bottom of the gun shields. The underslung Dark Lance was done much the same way with a magnet mounted in the base of the model.

Room needed to be made for Vect's throne so I had to move the pilot down to front and center between the 2 Dark Lancers.

Vect's Staffmaiden was made from a Darf Elf Sorceress. I figured Vect is too arrogant to be bothered to carry his own staff when travelling.

Vect's throne was made from a myriad of Dark Eldar & Dark Elf bits as well as a hefty amount of green stuff and plastic shapes. A magnet was added into Vect's Butt and the throne chair to allow me to remove him when he is disembarked.

No Evil Supreme Overlord would be complete without an evil pet! Hence the creation of Vect's Gyrinx!

A Gryinx is sometimes seen as a familiar to a Craftworld Eldar psykers. This makes sense to me with Vect, cause even though all Eldar have innate psychic abilities, the Dark Eldar shun them due to their location in the webway and not wanting to draw the eye of Slaanesh towards them. Vect however needs to stay on top of his game otherwise he gets overthrown quicker than you can saw "Commorragh". A little psychic help and some foresight would give him that edge to stay one step ahead of his usurpers.

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh   

Back to top Go down

Asdrubael Vect - High Lord of Commorragh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: