HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sea Vipers Kabal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 10:54

Sea Vipers Kabal.

Sea Vipers Kabal J9wmT

“Beware the Depths! They are coming for you!”
Warcry of Sea Vipers

Sea Vipers Kabal has a reputation of an agressive and disciplined warriors, fierce marauders and great fans of arena fignts. Their numbers can’t match other Kabals, but many denizens of Dark City have heard about devasting assults, which happens during Sea Vipers’ raids. Everlasting rain, fog, ruin and terror - that are the things Sea Vipers leave on worlds they assult.

Origins

The founding of Sea Vipers is shrouded in mystery. It is still unclear about its origins - was it created by band of mercenaries or was it a splinter group from other Kabal. Truth is that Sea Vipers came to power as sudden as they assault during realspace raids. The first act of their activity was noticed in 35th millenium. Within a few months, the territory from Stoneheart plaza to pits of Sunken Maw - property of Obsidian Face Kabal was captured by unknown Kabalites in blue metallic armor. All conquered places were cowered in fog, which prevented outsiders to see a thing. Strange assassinations and ripped limb from limb bodies happened on streets. Within a few days after such swift assault on his territory, the Archon of Obsidian Face Kabal was slain, as well as all his allies. The whole district, which was under their control, fell into hands of new and powerful band of unknown warriors. Soon, a new banners appered on whole captured territory - a black septern, who rides upon dark purple waves. The streets were full of eldar, wearing the armor of blue metallics. The Sea Vipers Kabal revealed themselves. Very soon, they made the same example of Kabals, who tried to attack them. Members of such Kabals as Black Hand and Stolen Voice were slaughtered during strange raining on their territory. Many of those, who fled from this battles were amased with brutality of Sea Vipers and their determination. Vehicles of destroyed Kabals were stolen, slaves dissapeared and all corpses were placed on stakes with their chest cavity torn out. After such events all other rivals of Sea Vipers decided to stay out of them.

After the war agaings older Kabals became less agressive, Sea Vipers started to prepare themselves for first raids in realspace. It took them longer than they wanted, but the effort was worth it. Their new vehicles were upgraded as best as possible and their crews were waitng for chance to ride upon their ships. Archon was able to find more allies for his Kabal, including Coven of the Drowned One and mysterious Masque of Twisted Mirror. With help of haemonculus, almost all Kabalites recieved serious upgrades, like gills. Weapon production was non-stop. Even Archon herself checked that every part of gear was made in right way. Finally, Kabal was ready to start a long raid.

The first planet, which became a victim of Sea Vipers was a small Imperial Feudal World of Yakti. When Imperial Navy recieved a distress and got there, they found it’s cities drowned in water and blood. No survivors were located, but many notes that survived flooding mentioned a huge army of xenos, which came with “...terrible storm, and eternal host came out of the waters”. In a few days, the same reports came from other world and again, the same happened. On every planet, where this Kabal landed, was only floodings and deserted cities. Sea Vipers made raids almost all of their time, their life was useless if they weren’t standing on deck of their Raiders or Venoms. This was thair style of life - an eternal raid and hunt on weak. Also, Kabal became powerful enough to assault Imperial ships. Many thousands of slaves were brought to Commoragh, as well as many treasures and expensive resourses.

Soon enough, the name of Sea Vipers was known in many corners of Commoragh. Some whisperes that even Asdrubael Vect was impressed by syle, which this Kabal use to invaid in realspace. Most of Kabals tried to become allies with them or hire it’s warriors, but most of them ended badly due to their lack of knoledge about Sea Vipers traditions. Archon Koskra and all her retuine lost their right arms after she dared to touch one of the Raiders, which belonged to Sea Vipers. But some found respect, and with it recieved some backup during raids in realpace. Many arena fans also started to visit new arenas, where Kabilites of Sea Vipers showed their skill. But sometimes, they picked “volunteers” from the croud, in order to bring more entertainment. Many warriors of other Kabals and Cults found their death on this death pits.

By the time their power was assured, Kabal realised, that they lack of support and a new base outside Comorragh is required. Dozens of ships left Dark City, looking for a perfect spot for realspace base. And it was found sooner than expacted. The planet called Bakalus Prime was a Feral World, which was full of all kinds of dangerous and savage creatures. Imperium of Man used it’s resourses for a long time, but a sudden climate change made almost 85% of it’s surface buried under water. The wildlife was found toо dangerous for work as well, so the planet was abandoned. A flooded planet, full of resourses and filled with creatures, fittable for arena fights - this was a perfect place for Sea Vipers.

Kabal threw all it’s power in order to create a suitable base on Bakalus Prime. Soon, it became the same size, as it was in Dark city, and even more powerful due to enourmous amount of resourses on the planet. It location was also close to Maelstorm, so Sea Vipers were able to assult trade ships. Sea Vipers also started to capture creatures, that live on planet. Arena fights with such beasts are the most favorite in visitors list, because no other Kabal can offer such entertainment. More Dark Eldar wished to join Sea Vipres to enter the life of eternal raids.

Among many Kabals, Sea Vipers created a reputation of dangerous and savage warriors, who can slit allies throat for even stepping on their vehichles without permisson. They do not bow to anyone and never fully retreat from battle. If they want to see something in their hands - they will make it most certainly. They can dissapear for a while, but it only means that thay will return. And if they return - pray they won’t take you alive.

The Cronicle of Raiders
M35 - They came from the Depths...
The unknown Dark Eldar band starts to operate in Low Commorragh, gaining influence and allies. Most of Kabals, that have workshops and slave pits there, try to find and punish the criminals on their territory, but instead, their power bases are stolen and they find death at the tip of new Kabal’s blades.

272.M35 - The Code is born
The Sea Vipers create a Raider’s Code - a list of rules that applied to them during the planetary raids. This code will further apply to all things the Sea Vipers do. Most other Dark Eldar view this as an act of madness and stupidity. Few of outsiders know, that the code does not forbid to break the rules of it.
“The code is a chain - it can be your bindings, or a garrotte you use on others”

300.M35 - The First World to Fall
Imperial Feudal World of Yakti is sunk and plundered by Sea Vipers. Their new strategy is hard to follow, but it leaves no survivors to tell, how does the whole planets are covered in mists and water.

545.M36 - The Place to Call Home
Sea Vipers have built the base at Bakalus Prime, a world that will become their domain outside the Dark City. The Commorragh is still the place of their main operations, but a huge workshops and docks are founded at the abandoned world.

994.M37 - The Pact is Sealed

Archon Saerion, known as the “Bitter Sea” rises to power, killing his premise and nemesis, Archon Amariel. Even though all seen the fair duel between the two, few could guess, that the victiory of Saerion was accomplished by assistance of Harlequins.  

227.M38 - Great Accusation
During his visit to Crucibael, Archon Saerion noticed, that the new arena fight of Lelith Hesperax was too ordinary and boring compared with those that he saw few months ago. When his words are passed to the mistress of the arena, she immediatly sends a messanger with a request for duel. For Lelith’s surprise and pleasure, the Archon agrees for the challenge, but leaves one request - as a challenged, he remain the right to choose the weapon he and his opponent will use during the fight.
In the day of the challenge, the Crucibael was full of viewers - all wishing to see the great duel. But everyone ws surprised when Saerion during his speech announces, that the weapon of choice shall be the minds of the opponents. After his command, his kabalites bring forth an old table, wich was used to play an old eldar strategic tabletop game. It was a matter of time for Saerion to infuriate Hesperax. The acrhon left the arena without a scratch, but he earned a dangerous enemy. From that day forth, none of Wych Cults would dare to openly suppotr Sea Vipers and only free mercenaries and desperate for glory unite under their banner.

527.M38 - The Deadly Ballet
Archon Saerion slaughters and cripples all who was at the ballroom of Last Hatred Kabal, when he recieved no invitation and realised the reason that the Archon Tyndrak considered him “insane”. During his visit, Saerion personally lands to domains of Last Hatred and with assistance of his elite forces, leaves a message, that noone dare to ignore or deny the Kabal’s power. To the much surprise, not Tyndrak, nor even Vect himself tries to bring justice to Sea Vipers. Some say that the overlord is amused how a young archon rises to power through brute force.

844.M39 - Agressive Negotiations
The Sea Vipers attack the Imperial World of Starcane, right during the diplomatic negotiations between the Planetary Governor and Inptekh the One-Eyed Sage of Faeron Dynasty. The possible treaty was broken by a enormous amount of sleek ships, tearing apart everything that was in range. However, the awnser to such acts, the Necrons awaken their tombs, forcing Dark Eldar and few Imperials retreat. The arrival of Dark Angels chapter changes little, for Inptekh forces the whole tomb worlds in the sector to awaken from their deep slumber.

995999.M41 - We are coming for them

Sea Vipers join the cause of Lady Malys of Poisoned Tongue Kabal in order to stop Vect of possibility to open the Khaine’s Gate. The brutal and savage warriors of Saerion start to pluder the forces, loyal to Vect, including raiding operations on those who recently returned from realspace raids. Even though Lady Malys shows herself a great asset and as some dare say, a close mate to Saerion, the warriors of Sea Vipers are always on their guard, ready to turn back on theis so-called “allies”.

Tactics
Sea Vipers like to attack suddenly and swift, as all Dark Eldar do. But in order to owercome enemy, this Kabal use a lot of additional weaponry. The most famous of all is Gale missiles, which cause catastrophic climate change during planetary raids. As soon as its effect damages enemy quite hard, the whole raid party moves in order to slaughter and capture slaves. Due to such situation, low amount of people are able to defend themselves and are easy prey for Kabalites.
If enemy has tough defences, Sea Vipers like to use captured beasts, some of them are able to crush even such hard targets as tanks and heavy walkers.

The most important thing in Sea Vipers Kabal is harsh dicipline in combat. Some even say, that there is some kind of trust between each member of this Kabal. It’s only half of truth. There is plenty of intriuges within their ranks, each wants to reach the sit of the Archon. The crew members of each transport fought together for a long time and they share a strong bond between each other and won’t betray each other. But crews often fight with each other for better reward and it is common to see a fight between Sea Vipers. Also, you can’t mount on other crew vehicle, unless you were allowed by crew who own it. Those who ignore this rule get their limbs cut off for even touching the transport.

Technology

Due to their big resourse base, Kabal is able to produce weapons and vehicles quite rapidly and with ease. Most Kabalites are very good armed, wearing many pieces of equipment, which can be used in many ways. Sea Vipers make their weaponry almost like all Dark Eldar with a few exeptions. Many of their tech is specially made for their own use, and other Kabals would probably find them useless. But Sea Vipers use this devices with deadly accuracy, which can amaze anyone.

Special Weaponry
-  Gale-missle - the most known weapon of Sea Vipers. The origin of these missle is unknown, possible it was invention of Kabal itself. Placed on Voidravens, these missles are fired in the air. After explosion, it releases special gas, that forces the athmoshpere to start condensation process, wich cause a long raining season on entire planet. Due to climate changes, many races become sick or weaker. The line of sight is far less then needed, and in such moments, Sea Vipers begin their assult.

- Scream-shanty - this simple device was invented in order to place more fear into enemies of Sea Vipers. It reproduse screams of tortured victims of Kabal in such way, that it looks like they sing some terrible song. Usually Scream-shanty is plased on vehicles, so the sound could be everywhere they go.

- Slime grenade - this grenade sprays a thick layer of slime, which makes terrain impossble to move or even stand still. Many enemies of Sea Vipers found their death because they fell on the ground slipping ground.

Sea Vipers Kabal Sea_vi11

Last edited by Haridar on Sun Aug 07 2016, 14:57; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 10:56

Coven of the Drowned One. Coming Soon.
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 11:00

Masque of Twisted Mirror
Coming *honk* soon

Last edited by Haridar on Mon Apr 04 2016, 17:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 11:30

Is that supposed to be a threat?! Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 11:48

No, actually this is one of the Kabal's traditions =)

Incubi

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 12:03

Sorry, but I had to make that joke. :-D Feel free to ask mods to remove it (and this post) as soon as the "coming soon" disappears. It will actually change the joke into a really stupid post without context. So it might as well be a good punishment for me to leave it there for everyone to see. :-D Cheers mate and good luck with your DE!
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2014, 02:59

Excited to see you put this up, if need any text work or outlines done let me know, did my avatar and the text/image in my kabal post.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2014, 15:47

Thank you Aeterna, most appreciated. The background for Kabal is ready, need just to check for mistakes.

Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 17:37

A little update. Sorry for any mistakes found during reading =)
Coven of Drowned One coming soon =)

Incubi

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 17:53

Haridar, do you happen to have the colouring pages for trying the colour scheme? That kabalite warrior you posted, only without colours? For other stuff perhaps too? :-)
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 17:59

Oh, I don't know if I still have that pure kabalite, but I'll try to find it, Aurynn

Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 19:15

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 19:16

I am looking for something in vector and bigger, but nice job anyway. thank you.
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 19:54

@aurynn
I can only give you painted wych in vector. Never seen kabalites in such manner T.T

Incubi

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 20:05

How many slaves you want?! :-D
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 17:00

@aurynn
Here you go, just need to delete all colours through PhotoShop
No slaves, just simply stay out of my Raiders XD

Sea Vipers Kabal Ft9c1hJsTfU

Incubi

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28 2014, 17:37

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2016, 17:10

Sup, Dark City!
It's been a while since I been here. But here I come back and soon will make a few changes in my topic about Sea Vipers. But it will take a while for me, because I am currently prepairing a lot of my old models for re-painting. Also, it takes quite a lot of time to correct the text of my fluff, since English is not my native language. So if someone is willing to assist me to correct my stuff, I will be very grateful.
Stay tuned for new info, because apart from new info of the Kabal itself, you will have a few stories like:
- Why Sea Vipers never accept assisitance of Wyches, but manage to find common cause with all kinds of mercenaries
- Masque of Twisted Mirror and their close connection with Sea Vipers Kabal
- Some Homebrew to represent features of Sea Vipers
- And more!

P.S. I know, that sounded wierd, but anyway, who gives a Wrack XD

Sea Vipers Kabal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal   Sea Vipers Kabal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sea Vipers Kabal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION