Share | 

Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Plague
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 02:06

I'm glad the Archon got the nod. I was pretty excited to see what we would get for cover art and they didn't disappoint!

What say you?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 02:08

From a war gear stand point it's also a good indicator that the Archon is holding what appears to be a husk blade and soul trap.

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 05:27

It's the Archon Model repositioned. Not bad I guess.
Back to top Go down
TheNeonArlecchino
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 05:34

I kind of prefer the old covers... this is neat but the kabalites in the background are so... lacking ._.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 06:24

Old cover is better, hands down.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 06:37

Love the cover.

Why should there be a repositioned model based on the dex cover?

Anyone knows what are those "x-wing" shaped things on the archon's upper right? They are not reavers, those are on his upper left, They are not Venoms, Raiders, RWFs, not even Void Ravens from the leaked description...
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 07:03

Plastic wracks!! Oh I mean new cover huh?! Well just wonder if it's a new dex or just a new pic for download dex.

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 07:58

@Azdrubael wrote:

It's all subjective but I prefer the new cover.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 08:33

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Azdrubael wrote:

It's all subjective but I prefer the new cover.

Same stuff.
New covers looks more like "dark-themed-gothic-sci-fi"
Old ones were more colored.

The only one cover i didn`t like is Wolves cover.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 13:56

tasty, love the movement of the character art
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 15:21

I like the old covers more, but the Dark Eldar cover is the best in this series now.

Man, I don't understand why they didn't have the codex for pre-order this week...
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 15:49

I quite like the Archon on the new cover... I just wish there was something interesting behind him.

Also, with all the hyping of coven units, I'd have thought GW would put a Haemonculus on the cover. tongue
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 16:20

@Slaanesh wrote:
I like the old covers more, but the Dark Eldar cover is the best in this series now.

Man, I don't understand why they didn't have the codex for pre-order this week...

Because this way people will be tempted by all the (admittedly) gorgeous models without having a chance to ignore them completely if they don't like the rules.
Reminds me of the Nid pre-orders... I made the mistake (never again) of pre-ordering the codex. The guy in front of me spent over $300 on new model kits (wanting both flyers, both new MC's, etc).
He also has sworn to never pre-order anything from GW, after that fiasco.

le-sigh.

There are plenty of people who buy models because the models are amazing... so they don't care if the rules are great or not.
There are plenty of people who buy models because the rules are solid and they make a good list. But they *may* be tempted to pick up "just a box" if the models look amazing enough. Plus there's so much press about the Coven units that "They can't end up being that bad, right?".

And they may be amazing. But they may not be. It may squeeze a few more sales, though. My cynicism definitely wins out, but seeing this splash release actually does get me excited for the new DE. I won't be ordering anything, not even the codex, until I've seen the full rundown and read it for myself... but you never know.

And Heamy's made it onto the cover of the rulebook... I think that's a fair showing in and of itself. Oh the days when we were but a whisper of years past... heh. Oh, the days when we had Lascannons instead of Dark Lances, because Eff Xenos. I actually should read through those old pages and see if we at least had fluff differences in our weaponry at that point.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 16:27

@jbwms713 wrote:

Because this way people will be tempted by all the (admittedly) gorgeous models without having a chance to ignore them completely if they don't like the rules.

Kinda tells you what GW thinks of their rules then. Rolling Eyes

@jbwms713 wrote:

Reminds me of the Nid pre-orders... I made the mistake (never again) of pre-ordering the codex.  The guy in front of me spent over $300 on new model kits (wanting both flyers, both new MC's, etc).
He also has sworn to never pre-order anything from GW, after that fiasco.

The tyranid book is the reason I'm not very excited about the new DE book.

See, I made the mistake of actually getting excited about the tyranid book - what with talk of 'every unit useful' and some rumours of very interesting mechanics.

Hahaha... as if. No, neither of those came to pass, and I vowed never to get hyped about any GW release ever again. Also, nid models for sale...
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 17:20

Heh... if you actually have Nid stuff for sale, I know a guy trying to build up a 15k or so army. He's cut back due to other expenses (ie; buying a ring for his now-fiance), but still...

It's really a shame what happened to Nids, but even with them it's (largely) vs Tau/Eldar that you hit a hard slapdown. Vs other armies (this is speaking non-tournament competitive, mind) they can hold their own (so long as you ignore half of the entries) if you play them well.

Bagh, I've complained enough about Nids in the past few months, and I don't mean to derail this thread. Suffice to say, I feel you. The shock from that release is still what keeps me tethered to "We'll see..." with the new DE.

At least there haven't been any rules leaks to get our hopes up about cool new things. I"m guessing that WD has a batrep? So... anything gleaned from that? Or does it just seem to be "Yep, more of the same"... which wouldn't be a bad thing. Our feel is fine, we just need some tweaks (like a cheap PGL on the Klaivex). Skilled Rider pilots would be cool. Heh.

Anyway. I really do like that cover. I also want to try out the Clone Field more. With Grotesques. Sluff off wounds to them, absorb a few combat hits, and eat things. Yeah. Sounds legit.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 17:23

@jbwms713 wrote:
He's cut back due to other expenses (ie; buying a ring for his now-fiance), but still...

You mean he did not give her a piece of wire with a beautifully painted gaunt glued on top? O.O
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sat Sep 20 2014, 17:44

@jbwms713 wrote:
Heh... if you actually have Nid stuff for sale, I know a guy trying to build up a 15k or so army.  He's cut back due to other expenses (ie; buying a ring for his now-fiance), but still...

I do. I can pm you the list if you like.

@jbwms713 wrote:
It's really a shame what happened to Nids, but even with them it's (largely) vs Tau/Eldar that you hit a hard slapdown.  Vs other armies (this is speaking non-tournament competitive, mind) they can hold their own (so long as you ignore half of the entries) if you play them well.

Thing is, it's not their power level that bothers me - in fact there's a nid player in my group who's done very well.

It just feels like a very bland, boring codex. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but it seems to have even less customisation and more useless/overpriced upgrades than the last one. Also, whoever decided that it would be a good idea for the Tyranid Prime to pay the same price for regeneration as the 6-wound Tyrannofex deserves to take a power drill up the backside.

Anyway, you're right with regard to there being very few rumours about the new DE codex (though more may appear in the coming weeks). In any case, my cunning plan is to make use of the internet after the book is released, and then decide if I actually want to buy it or not. Time was I would have just bought the thing and decided later if I liked it or not - but when they cost £30 I'm resolved to buying only the ones I like.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sun Sep 21 2014, 16:40

No dex no buy for me.

I also dislike the cover. The Hand with the Blade is awkwardly positioned and tbh I never even liked the "I try to disguise myself as a Fantasy Chaos Warrior Archon Style".
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sun Sep 21 2014, 17:55

well I was always wondering why the archon is left handed... model and the picture
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Sun Sep 21 2014, 21:42

@aurynn wrote:
well I was always wondering why the archon is left handed... model and the picture

because they're an archon, they can do whatever they want
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Mon Sep 22 2014, 06:47

@aurynn wrote:

The Archon in this cover image has actually had his left arm replaced by a second right arm. This explains the angle of the blade.

He had his haemonculus do it so that he could give the would-be backstabbers in his retinue a nasty surprise.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Mon Sep 22 2014, 08:20

Holy cow! The arm is the wrong one, I hope they caught that before print. The thumb is actually at the top so, backwards.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Mon Sep 22 2014, 09:15

The thumb is the correct place. The sword is just positioned weird.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Mon Sep 22 2014, 09:25

It looks dislocated to me...
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   Mon Sep 22 2014, 09:34

It's because his arm is so far back. He is shoving his right arm forward while his left arm is thrown way back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website   

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Codex Cover on GW Website
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: