HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

If They were to remove characters from our current codex who would you miss the most?
Baron Sathyonyx
20%
 20% [ 23 ]
Kheradruakh
4%
 4% [ 5 ]
Duke Sliscus
31%
 31% [ 35 ]
Lady Malys
10%
 10% [ 11 ]
Asdrubael Vect
23%
 23% [ 26 ]
Drazhar
12%
 12% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 113

AuthorMessage
Kharras Man-Bane
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Thu Sep 25 2014, 22:02

I just like the fluff for Lady Malys.

It'll do Vect good to have a strong, worthy opponent. And if he can't hack it, Commoragh will get a much needed shakeup.

Pluss, cunning and driven women hell-bent for revenge are hot.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 00:19

For me probably the Duke Poison Trueborn, and the Double Drug roll mostly, I also kind of like the design of his melee weapon (the Rendingesque poison) I wish there was a generic version (wound on 4+ ap2 on 6+)

Personally I want the Disembowler Blades back, I think even something like Demikalaives where you get a partial bonus from the other option would be nice (Clasped +2S +1A, Unclasped +1S +2A) or maybe AP1 Demiklaives oh well at least there is a chance he will get cheaper in the next Codex
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 05:04

Baron Sathonyx, mainly because I have spent about 6 hours doing the conversion.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 05:30

ill miss the baron and the duke, the only good thing i can see is the have only recently redone the entire DE model range, so they may have had more time to make those character's that will sell well and make them money.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 08:17

Kharras Man-Bane wrote:

It'll do Vect good to have a strong, worthy opponent. And if he can't hack it, Commoragh will get a much needed shakeup.

Yeah, but Malys is by far the easiest to recreate. She's just an Archon with the crystal heart, and there may well be a relic that is conveniently just like the crystal heart.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Kharras Man-Bane
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 14:18

Anggul wrote:
Kharras Man-Bane wrote:

Yeah, but Malys is by far the easiest to recreate. She's just an Archon with the crystal heart, and there may well be a relic that is conveniently just like the crystal heart.

I take it we're just talkong dropping the model?

Oh, okay, thanks. Thought they meant retconning the character away. Me, I just love the fluff and books, don't play tabletop, so I don't care who they axe.

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 14:43

Kharras Man-Bane wrote:

Oh, okay, thanks. Thought they meant retconning the character away. Me, I just love the fluff and books, don't play tabletop, so I don't care who they axe.

No, we're not talking about dropping the model as there is no model. We're discussing removing rules for the unit from the codex.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Fri Sep 26 2014, 23:22

The rules being removed doesn't mean the character is retconned out of existence.

Even if they aren't mentioned in the new codex, that just means they're putting a load of new stuff into the new codex and unless explicitly contradicted the previous stuff is still valid. If they put the same stuff in every time it would get boring.

I think we might see a crystal heart-esque relic though, so you can recreate her even if she doesn't have her own rules labelled as such.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Sat Sep 27 2014, 06:56

Anggul wrote:
Even if they aren't mentioned in the new codex, that just means they're putting a load of new stuff into the new codex and unless explicitly contradicted the previous stuff is still valid.

I couldn't agree more. For instance there is plenty of awesome narrative stories in the 3rd edition codex that, to me, is still cannon even though it's not in the new codex (Well, old now).
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Sun Sep 28 2014, 11:05

Hm, looking at the latest codices, all the characters in a codex had a photopraph of the model.
That could mean, there are coming new models next week, or we can kiss goodbye
Vect, Malys, Sliscus and Sathonyx. I don't know, if I like it...

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Sun Sep 28 2014, 12:20

Yeah, all units without models are being removed.

Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Sun Sep 28 2014, 13:43

Vect and Baron.
Back to top Go down
Kharras Man-Bane
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Mon Sep 29 2014, 02:06

Count Adhemar wrote:
Kharras Man-Bane wrote:

No, we're not talking about dropping the model as there is no model. We're discussing removing rules for the unit from the codex.

Oh, I get it. Stupid me.

Seriously, forget my head if everyone wasn't trying so hard to remove it.

Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: