HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

If They were to remove characters from our current codex who would you miss the most?
Baron Sathyonyx
20%
 20% [ 23 ]
Kheradruakh
4%
 4% [ 5 ]
Duke Sliscus
31%
 31% [ 35 ]
Lady Malys
10%
 10% [ 11 ]
Asdrubael Vect
23%
 23% [ 26 ]
Drazhar
12%
 12% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 113
 

AuthorMessage
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-07-04
Location : The Gladiatorial Arenas of Commorragh

PostSubject: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Mon Sep 15 2014, 17:24

Pick a character you will miss the most provided they are removing that character

Plus some characters like Lelith or Urien are staying because they already have models
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
avatar

Posts : 1930
Join date : 2013-02-15
Location : Exion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Mon Sep 15 2014, 21:45

Vect won't be going so he probably shouldn't be up here. (If he goes he'll probably get a LoW)

Also, Drazhar has a model.

I'd be extremely ticked at GW if they removed Duke or Malys since they both have tons of fluff.
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 186
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Mon Sep 15 2014, 22:05

Even the new "Path of Archon" book has Malys in there. I hope they think twice.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
avatar

Posts : 1930
Join date : 2013-02-15
Location : Exion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 01:46

I think they'll do a Duke/Vect/Malys kit. Or atleast a Duke/Malys
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 08:15

I'd run Duchess Sliscus in every list I ever played if they did that

_________________
Dark Angels. The Rock. Lion El "Dwayne" Jonson. I can't be the first person to have thought of this.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Squidmaster
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1593
Join date : 2013-12-18
Location : Hampshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 11:09

I know he's utter rubbish at the moment, but I really do think Decapitator in one of our most interesting characters, especially lore-wise, and I always loved fielding him in the old Codex, so I would miss him if he went.
Also a shot out to Drazhar, the best character in my opinion. Vect is lovely, but Drazhar is just.......Drazhar, you know?

I honestly couldn;t care much about the Duke, Baron or Lady, but I notice you left Rakarth out of the poll.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
avatar

Posts : 1930
Join date : 2013-02-15
Location : Exion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 12:18

@Squidmaster wrote:
I know he's utter rubbish at the moment, but I really do think Decapitator in one of our most interesting characters, especially lore-wise, and I always loved fielding him in the old Codex, so I would miss him if he went.
Also a shot out to Drazhar, the best character in my opinion. Vect is lovely, but Drazhar is just.......Drazhar, you know?

I honestly couldn;t care much about the Duke, Baron or Lady, but I notice you left Rakarth out of the poll.......

Because Rakarth and Lelith aren't going (I assume that's it.)

Granted I'm 150% sure Vect won't go as well as Drazhar. (Drazhar has a model)
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : Southampton, England

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:44

I'm not too bothered about any of them except for Drazhar. As an (ex) Phoenix Lord he's a warrior of great importance and seeks battle.

I would like Baron to stay unless they just let Archons/Succubi take skyboards, in which case he'll be redundant as we'll have access to skyboard HQ already. If he stays he should be limited to joining Hellions. He shouldn't be taken just so people can exploit the hit & run and stealth rules, he should be taken to lead his band of upstarts through the skies.

Malys was never used much anyway and can be easily represented by an Archon with an anti-psyker relic.

Sliscus doesn't need to stay because they'll hopefully fix the combat drugs table (i.e change the useless 1 result) so he won't be vital to avoiding your drugs being useless. Other than that rule he's just a slightly different Archon so isn't needed for the same reason as Malys.

I would like Keradruakh to stay as he's a unique long-standing character. Hopefully he'll stay and get similar rules to Callidus Assassins.

I imagine Vect will be a lord of war. I wouldn't mind him going though because I find it hard to imagine him having the spare time to go raiding in anything less than a massive apocalypse battle or a battle in Commorragh.


People shouldn't worry about characters like Malys and Sliscus not having their own rules any more. The fluff is still there, you just have to make them using the Archon rules and the most fitting wargear. Not having rules doesn't remove them from the fluff.

_________________
"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 6793
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:56

@Anggul wrote:
People shouldn't worry about characters like Malys and Sliscus not having their own rules any more. The fluff is still there, you just have to make them using the Archon rules and the most fitting wargear. Not having rules doesn't remove them from the fluff.

I'll be honest and say that I rarely, if ever, take a special character for fluff reasons. They are in the army because the bring something to my list that I cannot otherwise bring. If they are removed and we do not gain the ability to replicate most of their unique traits via relics etc then the codex will be worse than it is currently.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : Southampton, England

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:02

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Anggul wrote:
People shouldn't worry about characters like Malys and Sliscus not having their own rules any more. The fluff is still there, you just have to make them using the Archon rules and the most fitting wargear. Not having rules doesn't remove them from the fluff.

I'll be honest and say that I rarely, if ever, take a special character for fluff reasons. They are in the army because the bring something to my list that I cannot otherwise bring. If they are removed and we do not gain the ability to replicate most of their unique traits via relics etc then the codex will be worse than it is currently.

It is my opinion that you should never have to take a special character for a certain type of army. You should only be encouraged to take certain characters for fluff purposes, they shouldn't be strictly superior to the 'generic' choices.

I agree, I'm hoping they put a couple of the special rules into the relics. The Baron's stealth-generator and the crystal heart for example. I want to be able to make my own customisable leader with more than just basic wargear or counts-as special characters. I want it to be like Vampires in Fantasy where you have a range of various special rules you can buy them to make them different and unique.

_________________
"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-07-04
Location : The Gladiatorial Arenas of Commorragh

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 16:09

@Lord_Alino wrote:
@Squidmaster wrote:
I know he's utter rubbish at the moment, but I really do think Decapitator in one of our most interesting characters, especially lore-wise, and I always loved fielding him in the old Codex, so I would miss him if he went.
Also a shot out to Drazhar, the best character in my opinion. Vect is lovely, but Drazhar is just.......Drazhar, you know?

I honestly couldn;t care much about the Duke, Baron or Lady, but I notice you left Rakarth out of the poll.......

Because Rakarth and Lelith aren't going (I assume that's it.)

Granted I'm 150% sure Vect won't go as well as Drazhar. (Drazhar has a model)

Look what happened to Kruellagh the Vile, she had a model and poof gone. Although i want none of the characters to leave as it creates diversity in a codex.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1737
Join date : 2011-11-16
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 17:21

Quote :
Look what happened to Kruellagh the Vile, she had a model and poof gone

That was, arguably, worst GW model ever. At least in the list of top contenders.

_________________
The Dance of Death begins - embraces, caresses, and kisses,
The Harlequin loves you as you fall over in pieces!
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych


Posts : 506
Join date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 19:12

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
Look what happened to Kruellagh the Vile, she had a model and poof gone

That was, arguably, worst GW model ever. At least in the list of top contenders.

Bobo the Clown would like a word with you.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21338&stc=1&d=1372675859

On topic, I agree that special characters shouldn't be necessary to unlock certain playstyles, but depressingly sometimes they are used that way. We'll almost certainly be losing the Hellions becoming troops from Baron (which is what I used him for) and likely wracks moving to troops from a haemy as well... I wouldn't be surprised if they made them troops as blanket choices, anyway.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
avatar

Posts : 1930
Join date : 2013-02-15
Location : Exion

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:36

@Panic_Puppet wrote:
@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
Look what happened to Kruellagh the Vile, she had a model and poof gone

That was, arguably, worst GW model ever. At least in the list of top contenders.

Bobo the Clown would like a word with you.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21338&stc=1&d=1372675859

On topic, I agree that special characters shouldn't be necessary to unlock certain playstyles, but depressingly sometimes they are used that way. We'll almost certainly be losing the Hellions becoming troops from Baron (which is what I used him for) and likely wracks moving to troops from a haemy as well... I wouldn't be surprised if they made them troops as blanket choices, anyway.

Is that... SKELETOR'S COUSIN?!?!

Anyways, the one I see getting removed first is Baron, and then the Decapitator.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 407
Join date : 2013-09-25
Location : Russia!!!

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 06:03

I would miss all of them

_________________
`We faced a Dysjunction... we were betrayed, destroyed, ashamed, hunted... Now look who is been risen from the ashes...`

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
avatar

Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-09-11
Location : Nottinghamshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:10

@Anggul wrote:

It is my opinion that you should never have to take a special character for a certain type of army. You should only be encouraged to take certain characters for fluff purposes, they shouldn't be strictly superior to the 'generic' choices.

I don't know about this, I think some of the special characters are a rare example of GW writing the fluff and then coming up with rules that actually do it justice. It's happened so many times that I've read the fluff for a unit, thought they should be deadly, then read the rules and realised they aren't. Characters like Eldrad, Abaddon, Ghazghkull, Eldrad an all the Phoenix Lords are as powerful as it's implied they should be, and I like what they bring to the game. But to each their own Smile

_________________
My other car is a Ravager
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : Southampton, England

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:26

@Mr Believer wrote:
@Anggul wrote:

It is my opinion that you should never have to take a special character for a certain type of army. You should only be encouraged to take certain characters for fluff purposes, they shouldn't be strictly superior to the 'generic' choices.

I don't know about this, I think some of the special characters are a rare example of GW writing the fluff and then coming up with rules that actually do it justice. It's happened so many times that I've read the fluff for a unit, thought they should be deadly, then read the rules and realised they aren't. Characters like Eldrad, Abaddon, Ghazghkull, Eldrad an all the Phoenix Lords are as powerful as it's implied they should be, and I like what they bring to the game. But to each their own Smile

Agree except for the Phoenix Lords. Apparently they're only as skilled and fast as an Archon, and half of them don't even know how to dodge. They should have +2 to their WS, BS, and I, maybe just +1 attack, and they should all have the 4++, not just some of them. That would really bring them up to their fluff. Also the Maugetar scythe and Shining Blade should be AP2. They should be real monsters of war.

_________________
"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 6793
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:28

For their point cost, I'd agree. Massively overpriced for what they are.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : Southampton, England

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:42

@Count Adhemar wrote:
For their point cost, I'd agree. Massively overpriced for what they are.

Well even if they were priced well for what they were I would gladly increase their points cost if it mean their rules matched their fluff better.

_________________
"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 6793
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:55

@Anggul wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
For their point cost, I'd agree. Massively overpriced for what they are.

Well even if they were priced well for what they were I would gladly increase their points cost if it mean their rules matched their fluff better.

I certainly wouldn't pay more than their current points value, even with the improvements you suggest.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-06-22
Location : Southampton, England

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:17

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Anggul wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
For their point cost, I'd agree. Massively overpriced for what they are.

Well even if they were priced well for what they were I would gladly increase their points cost if it mean their rules matched their fluff better.

I certainly wouldn't pay more than their current points value, even with the improvements you suggest.

No, but I'm saying if they were priced appropriately for what they are now.

_________________
"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
avatar

Posts : 727
Join date : 2011-09-11
Location : Nottinghamshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 17 2014, 13:04

Eternal Warrior is pretty rare though, and they all have it. That's probably a big part of their points cost - look at Drazhar. GW does seem to tax you for that one special rule... Differing statlines would be nice I suppose, like the combat ones having higher initiative and weapon skill whilst the shooting ones have higher ballistic skill. It does seem like a missed opportunity not to let your choice of lord shape your list a little more.

To get back on track, I'd most miss the Baron. Hellions as troops, that's fun. Not even been able to use them with Objective Secured yet. I could have done, but I wanted to to do something else... what's it called... Oh yeah, win. I wanted to win Laughing

_________________
My other car is a Ravager
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 397
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Munich/Bavaria

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Sat Sep 20 2014, 11:50

I think, I would miss Vect the most. Build him from the chaos sorcerer.
He is costly, yes, but most times, he is worth it for me.

_________________
When I'm good, I'm very, very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Aberystwyth

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Sat Sep 20 2014, 14:45

so hard to choose between them all, lots of great characters.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 111
Join date : 2012-08-13
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it   Wed Sep 24 2014, 21:02

Vect and Drazhar for me, as am old school and i never use the newer ones anyway (like iv used each of the new from the last dex characters maybe once or twice each but as i like to be different i bearly used them after those few plays, i just perfer the orginal characters lol).

_________________
We have come to claim your souls in the name of our every lasting glory over mankind and all the races of the stars Twisted Evil


7th ed score:

Wins: 4 Cool 
Loses: 7 scratch 
Draws: 1 study
Back to top Go down
 
Poll: which character would you miss if they were to remove it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

 :: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: