HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm

No codex pre order next week. Here are some better pictures.

http://miniwojna.blogspot.com/2014/09/nowi-mroczni-eldarzy-new-dark-eldars.html
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 pm

27th is release date?
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 pm

I have to admit, if the prices remain true, that's a little... disconcerting. I'm not cheap, so I'll likely get one of everything in the end, but just as a standard at some point I have to ask myself, "Is this worth it?"

I remember I was losing badly to a Tau player, so instead of being upset I started joking around. I forgot how we got to this point in the conversation but I say, "I'm just having fun man. We're just grown ups playing with expensive toys. What is there, like $2000 on this table? Think of the kids you could feed with that!"

Didn't have the intended effect though. He suddenly looked a little forlorn, as if he wasn't serving "The Greater Good."

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:16 pm

@Lord_Alino wrote:
27th is release date?

27th is release date for the stuff in this week's WD (#34). Presumably it will also be the pre-order date for whatever is in WD35 (hopefully the codex). So still a few weeks to wait at least.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Korwey
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 pm

New minis - meh
New Codex - meh
Incubi Darkness paint spray - frak yeah!
Wink
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Incubi Darkness paint spray? NEAT!
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:52 am

@Dethdispenser wrote:
yeah...$26 dollars American. Really hurting my wallet. Looks like I may buy one.

I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised by the price, but I was. That is an awful lot of money for a single plastic mini. I sure hope it comes with a ton of options for gear because as it is I'm not taken in too much by it.

Having said that I've been wanting to go the coven route since picking up the army. I just couldn't push past my dissatisfaction with Finecast. So I am happy to see plastic coven units.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:57 am

@average joe wrote:
@Dethdispenser wrote:
yeah...$26 dollars American. Really hurting my wallet. Looks like I may buy one.

I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised by the price, but I was.  That is an awful lot of money for a single plastic mini.  I sure hope it comes with a ton of options for gear because as it is I'm not taken in too much by it.  

Having said that I've been wanting to go the coven route since picking up the army.  I just couldn't push past my dissatisfaction with Finecast.  So I am happy to see plastic coven units.  

Wait... a single mini? Is that the haemonculus? I'm happy I have my own coven already Razz
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:35 am

It's amusing to see people unhappy with the $26 price tag for the haemonculus. In Australia, we've been paying $26 for single models ( ie Sslyth) for ages.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:07 am

@flakmonkey wrote:
It's amusing to see people unhappy with the $26 price tag for the haemonculus. In Australia, we've been paying $26 for single models ( ie Sslyth) for ages.

It`s price is twice higher, than other HQ models
Makes me sad, cuz i want that thing Sad

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:26 am

@flakmonkey wrote:

Doesn't that mean it will be like $30+ for you guys?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:30 am

Btw, is there anybody who prefers our current haemonculus model? For me, the new model looks meh. I'd rather use my three finecast haemonculi even after I get the new codex.

The 2nd-week release is much more interesting for me with the possiblity of new voidraven bomber, vect, dais of destruction, and codex.

average joe
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:40 am

Currently our Finecast HQ selections are between $16 and $19 USD.  It's $7 increase over the current Haemonculus apparently without any added value. Aside from it being plastic. At present I still prefer the old. Plastic and options may push me to get it, but I will not be in any rush because of the price increase.

It'll be interesting to see how much more GW can push prices before the bubble bursts. I'm not ranting. I'm just genuinely interested to see how much price increase a niche market like TTG will allow.

Everybody or most know you Aussies have it rough with imports.  Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 am

@lelith wrote:
Btw, is there anybody who prefers our current haemonculus model? For me, the new model looks meh. I'd rather use my three finecast haemonculi even after I get the new codex.

I love the current one. It seems like he is making a friendly welcoming gesture which makes him seem way more sinister to me.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:01 am

Yea, it will come with a ton of options, 2 of which will be useful... hooraaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:21 am

The price of single plastic models I can understand due to the cost of making them but I still won't be buying one as I don't perceive it to be value for money and I already have Urien and the Failcast Haem which is more than enough for me usually.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:56 am

@Expletive Deleted wrote:

I had a look at the link very helpfully posted by Trystis, and the haemonculus is only $28AUS. Bargain.

@average joe wrote:
Everybody or most know you Aussies have it rough with imports.  Sorry about that.

Thanks. Its just a surcharge we pay for living in the Fire, Drought and Flood trap that is Australia.

I think the inclusion of Wrack pilots and gunners is an good move on GWs part, its almost like they thought about what players would want...

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:01 am

@flakmonkey wrote:
I think the inclusion of Wrack pilots and gunners is an good move on GWs part, its almost like they thought about what players would want...

Definitely. It's certainly having the desired effect on me, because I'm tempted to start a more coven centric force, all in a different colour to my main one. Admittedly this might be because I'm sick of painting dark red though.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:07 am

I think that Coven units will be a big part of the new codex fluff and most likely to receive new rules and revamped wargear. Even the entry on the WD content pages makes out like the Covens are the true power behind Commorragh. And they are being released before any Kabal stuff too.

Does anyone remember when the last Eldar codex came out if Wraith units were the first release? They got a big makeover as well, and new units and kits.

Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 am

that was different if i remember well all come togeather preorder on jun6 and in stores jun13
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:10 am

@urden93 wrote:
that was different if i remember well all come togeather preorder on jun6 and in stores jun13

Yeah, this new dripfeed of releases didn't come about until the Astra Militarum IIRC.

Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

Haemy is expensive, to be sure, but it's not as bad as people make it out. Both the new plastic Space Marine clamshells clock in at £18 (Captain and Librarian), the Eldar Farseer and Tau Fireblade both came in at £12, Commisar is £12.50, Ork Mek is £13, Painboy is £15.50, Mek with Shok Attack gun is £22.50.

Ignoring the SAG Mek, the new haemy fits right in the middle of the price range. Expensive for a single model, sure (given that you can get a whole box of scourges for that and the change you likely have in your pocket) but not overly so when compared to the other plastic clam-packs. Chances are that, initially at least, I'll be sticking with my adopted 'rescue' haemonculus though Smile

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:16 am

@flakmonkey wrote:
@Expletive Deleted wrote:

I had a look at the link very helpfully posted by Trystis, and the haemonculus is only $28AUS. Bargain.

100% of the price of the Finecast ones, but now in a better material! Very Happy

And everyone else had me worried that the prices had gone up Razz
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:40 pm

@lelith wrote:

The 2nd-week release is much more interesting for me with the possiblity of new voidraven bomber, vect, dais of destruction, and codex.

I like the current Haemonculi model but, it's finecast, and I've had two of the arms fall off before, though it was fixable. I imagine they, or at least they better, have more than one head in the pack (they usually do I know), but the haircut on the Haemie who is getting the spotlight looks really stupid to me.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***   Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:44 pm

@expletive deleted wrote:
I've had two of the arms fall off before, though it was fixable. I imagine they, or at least they better, have more than one head in the pack (they usually do I know),

*knock on wood*So far I have not had any problems. So I count myself lucky.
Back to top Go down

Our Codex is confirmed! - *** summary as of Sept. 29 in OP ***
Page 5 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: