HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Out of the loop?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite

PostSubject: Out of the loop?   Sat Sep 06 2014, 07:19

Anybody else feel like they are in a different 40k universe when they play Dark Eldar?

What I mean.... is that most of everything that most people are afraid of nowadays...we dont fear. But things that others dont fear...we are scared of?

point in case. Imperial Knights, and Wraithknights. I've heard a lot of people talk about how difficult they are to deal with... And both those models I find quite easy to squelch. Haywire grenades, and poisoned shots.

And other things that are just kinda 'meh' to other players scare the crap outta me. like assault cannons!

Just a little thought
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Sat Sep 06 2014, 14:38

I just feel like YEP! BRING IT! YOU AND YOUR STUPID ARMOR, MONSTROUS CREATURES, GARGANTUAN CREATURES, AND HORDES OF INFANTRY ARE SCREWED!!!

Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Sat Sep 06 2014, 15:23

Agreed
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Sat Sep 06 2014, 15:32

Ditto. Everyone in the escalation league I'm about to start is worried about big tough gribblies/vehicles that other people might bring... I'm worried people won't bring them Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Sat Sep 06 2014, 18:07

Interesting thought, and one I never thought about before.

This reminds me, a youtube-channel called StrikingScorpion82 has a few battle reports with Dark Eldar. He is mainly, as the name suggests, a CWE-player but has some other armies too.
He had one fight against necrons and the list had two monoliths.

One of the monoliths was deep struck next to wyches.

Two groups of wyches, the other one at 10 models.
...and he sounded kind of worried.

That monolith was easily dealt with on his next turn, and while he did know that he had haywire-grenades, it seemed like it was a huge surprise for both of the players that the monolith was suddenly just gone.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Sat Sep 06 2014, 18:26

That's why Dark Eldar are such a great "spoiler" army. That list that destroys everybody else comes up against us and all of a sudden there are monsters falling out of the sky and giant robots exploding everywhere Twisted Evil

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Mon Sep 08 2014, 12:26

After getting their prized knight haywired to death a few times an intelligent opponent will quickly learn to shoot the crap out of any wyches transports he can and keep a unit or two ready for bubblewrap when needed.

Agree with pretty much everything else tho.

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Mon Sep 08 2014, 14:39

Yea, but when you meet a player who does not build lists according to "internet knowledge", but really well thought lists without all that big stuff, we are pretty screwed... Hell I am losing to Space Wolves lately. :-D Point is, its easy to play against all that big stuff. Easy to choose targets, easy to deal with. But now we have to be afraid of even a stupid flamer... We have to concentrate and blast away. But when presented with multitude of threats, we are seriously lacking as we cannot stay in the fighting as well as the others.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Mon Sep 08 2014, 22:25

@aurynn wrote:
Yea, but when you meet a player who does not build lists according to "internet knowledge", but really well thought lists without all that big stuff, we are pretty screwed... Hell I am losing to Space Wolves lately. :-D Point is, its easy to play against all that big stuff. Easy to choose targets, easy to deal with. But now we have to be afraid of even a stupid flamer... We have to concentrate and blast away. But when presented with multitude of threats, we are seriously lacking as we cannot stay in the fighting as well as the others.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Rikev
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Wed Sep 10 2014, 17:48

Things I am scared of in my army:

- Flyers since our only anti-air is a ground attack craft.
- Land Raiders since my lances bounce off them thanks to no twin-link and they are full of nasty assault units to kill Wyches. If I fire every lance at one it still won't die!
- Flamers keep eating my passengers lately, especially with the popularity of the Callidus appearing next to your Archon and his Incubi turn two!
- Psykers...what's a psychic phase?

But one thing I really love:

- Opponent putting his Helturkey into hover and turbo-boosting to cap an objective for an easy VP...right next to my squad of ten haywire bearing Wyches! Christmas dinner! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Wed Sep 10 2014, 18:17

Psykers (as in 2x ML2 or 1x ML3) are OK.

Flyers - are OK I think. We dont have any AA per se, but we CAN bring down a flyer if we need to. And we can stay out of their field of fire. Dont forget that we can freely jink and shoot flyers as we have to snap-shot anyway. I find them easier to deal with than LRs.

LRs are a problem. It takes a lot of dedicated effort to bring them down, but it is doable. I even one-shotted a LR once with a Raider lance. :-) Have trouble with troops inside? Wrap the LR with vehicles and dont let them disembark. He can shoot you only AFTER his movement phase so even if he takes out some of your craft, he wont be able to get out and the only thing you need to take in movement phase is a possible ram with S8, no AP. Next turn bring your wyches in and fan out your vehicles not to get THed :-).
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   Mon Sep 15 2014, 17:02

When GK was released, I pulled out my daemon and CSM army so one of my kids could get a good feel for the GK update.  He had no issues easily winning.  

This weekend I pulled out my DE.  Even giving him a mulligan when Draigo and 10 terminators scattered off the table on a T1 deep strike while getting the "destroyed" mishap ( I allowed them to just go back into ongoing reserves); the game was over by T3 with a rock solid DE win.  Heck, my Razorwing even did it's job by one shotting his Storm Raven into a steaming pile of wreckage.

To be fair, purifying flame (I think that's what it is called) can easily wipe an entire unit per round - I lost two 9 man Reaver units in one turn because I got a little too close. So you have to stay out of it's range.  

The armies that have given me any trouble over the past year has been Necrons featuring lots of wraiths and Daemons with a lot of khorne dogs.  Basically units that move as fast as I do while being really really tough to take down.  However I'm pretty sure the issues were my own tactics and list building rather than DE itself.

--------

Overall, I get the feeling that when the codex drops enough people will take a look at DE again that we'll impact everyone else's list building again.

PostSubject: Re: Out of the loop?   

Back to top Go down

Out of the loop?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: