HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Auspex + Jink

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Auspex + Jink   Thu Aug 21 2014, 17:28

Here's one that came up last night. Space Marine Auspex allows a model to forgo its shooting in order to give a nearby unit -1 to all cover saves. However, what happens if, at that point, the model has no cover save or a low cover save, but then gains one later - is it still reduced?

Three step process as follows:
1) solo captain declares he is targeting a raider (with stealth) with his auspex, -1 to it's 6+ cover save, meaning no cover.
2) different squad declares the raider as a target of a shooting attack
3) raider declares that it will jink, giving it a 4+ cover save, improved by stealth to 3+

3+ or 4+ cover save?

Obviously if the raider has declared that it will jink before the auspex gets activated then its cover save will be reduced from a 4+ to a 5+, but the order of operations in the above scenario makes it a slight grey area (the 4+ cover save 'overwriting' the original 6+ cover save that was reduced by the auspex).

PostSubject: Re: Auspex + Jink   Thu Aug 21 2014, 18:27

I'd say you work out what the normal cover save for the target would be and then reduce it by 1.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Auspex + Jink   Fri Aug 22 2014, 00:51

I believe it would be 4+. The key being "all" cover saves, not just ones against shooting from his unit.

I see it as the auspex lighting up those guys for all to see, like a markerlight that's "always on" but with fewer functions.

Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Auspex + Jink   Fri Aug 22 2014, 07:26

The specific wording of the rule is that the targeted unit's cover saves are reduced by 1 till the end of the phase.

That means you would figure out its cover save by applying all modifiers - one of which is a -1.

It doesn't matter whether or not it has a cover save at any given point, it will have a -1 modifier to its cover saves for the remainder of the phase.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Auspex + Jink   Fri Aug 22 2014, 12:58

With what thor said i would say the jink (cover save) will be +4, as the +1 from stealth will nullify the -1 from auspex,
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Auspex + Jink   Fri Aug 22 2014, 19:01

That is correct.
Also, if there was no stealth, then the jink save would be 5+

The order is you figure out your cover save due to intervening models/objects.
You have the option to jink, which gives you a cover save if you do.
You then apply modifiers to the cover save (from stealth, or auspex - as examples)

Also, per the wording on auspex, it specifically has nothing to do with the unit's cover save at that moment, take the following example;

AAA----xxx----BBB-----CCC

A, B, and C are units.
x is terrain providing cover.

If B is targeted with an auspex by C (a situation wherein B has no cover) and is then fired upon by A (a situation where B now has cover) the auspex effect would still be applied, reducing the cover save from x.

A could also target B with an auspex, and fire on B, reducing B's cover. C could then fire on B, who would have no cover but a -1 effect to a cover save they couldn't take since they have no cover, but even if B then went to ground (getting +1) they would still have the -1 and still be denied the ability to get a cover save.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auspex + Jink   

Back to top Go down

Auspex + Jink
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: