HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Should Raiders be Capacity 12?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Should Raiders be Capacity 12?   Wed Aug 13 2014, 04:23

I recently gave one of my Raiders a hard look to see if 10 kabalite warrior sized models could feasibly stand on it. Upon closer inspection I realized that as long as the Warriors didn't try to do yoga on the skimmer, you could reasonably fit 12 plus crew. Would it matter much tactically if we could take 12 models in our Raiders, sure it would be a welcome bonus but would it change much is what I'm asking.

I am very excited by the new 8th edition and what it has brought for Dark Eldar and the game entire.  I am always happy to talk wishlisting and fandexes in any edition from 4-on, although I have to say while I can't wait for our Dark Eldar codex to bring flavor to our fighting forces, I'm not interested in making Dark Eldar as a whole stronger.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex for 7th (and I'm taking ideas for a Blood Angels chapter trait to fan-rule in while my girlfriend and I wait for a full codex), and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k squat army codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Should Raiders be Capacity 12?   Wed Aug 13 2014, 04:57

The only real changes would be ability to max out Wyche squads and then add ICs, an additional Grot in a Grot Raider, and an option for a tad bit more dakka if you like Gunboats.

Since Wyches currently are terrible as assault options, Grots don't really need the boost, and the dakka thing is pretty minor...eh. Probably the Grot bomb would get the most boost, and it wouldn't be that big of a shift. I'd probably keep just running 4 of them, myself, but will admit sometimes that feels a bit squishy and I might go to 5 if points allowed.

Wouldn't be a change to most things, really. I rarely max out my Raider capacity as is, and the only people I know who do tend to do it as Gunboats and though they probably would be happy at the extra 2-4 shots I don't think it would really be a game changer.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Should Raiders be Capacity 12?   Wed Aug 13 2014, 05:14

I saw this and thought, Sliscus approves of this thread.

I think it's reasonable. 12 people would be nice (10 warriors and Sliscus? DEAL!)
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Should Raiders be Capacity 12?   Wed Feb 11 2015, 15:14

I'd happily settle for 11. That would let you have a 10-man squad (Warriors, Wrack or something) and still put in a character.
Back to top Go down

Should Raiders be Capacity 12?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: