Share | 

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 17:18

A beast master bundle in the vein of that would be great.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 17:23

I hope for a Vect model, the problem is that he'll be LoW, so not playable in any tournament/environment...anyway hoping for something more elegant than the wolfie's chariot...
About the codex: I just hope for a balanced book, with few strategies and choices possible (from a shooting cabal list to a melee hae cult list etc etc) making DE even more challenging to be played

"Cruel fantasies of someone's dreams...that's what we are; They call us forgotten tears 'cause no eyes cried for our griefs"
Synthoras, Archon of the Forgotten Tears
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:09

I really don't understand why everyone hates that space woof chariot so much. They're vikings, right? It's mythologically appropriate (although it really should be pulled by two goats instead of two wolves, but I can just imagine what people would say to that!)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:26

@Barking Agatha wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone hates that space woof chariot so much.

It just looks crap!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Foostickens
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 19:36

@Barking Agatha wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone hates that space woof chariot so much. They're vikings, right? It's mythologically appropriate (although it really should be pulled by two goats instead of two wolves, but I can just imagine what people would say to that!)

Its a hovercraft pulled by wolves.  Why would wolves be pulling something that can move on its own power?  Is it out of gas or something?  Wait no it is hovering so it works but Logan is just like screw it, MOAR PUPPIES.  I told my friend he should just model some wolves pulling his new flying box as it makes just as much sense.

Now Vect on a skimmer being pulled by 18 slaves is fine.  Obviously the skimmer works just fine, Vect just likes the aesthics of the slaves.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 21:37

I think the Slay is a variation of over themeing as described in the DIY guide.

Spoiler:

It's just mildly too much.

I really like the Blood Throne of Khorne though.
And slaanesh stuff has to be a monstrosity.
I think the Chariot of Slaanesh would also be a splendid bits box for DE.
Look at the sprues

On topic:
I hope whatever comes is not overloaded with stuff in a way that it limits the individuality.(Grimnar)
Also, whatever we get will probably be plastic which is good.

MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Fri Aug 29 2014, 09:57

@Foostickens wrote:
Its a hovercraft pulled by wolves.  Why would wolves be pulling something that can move on its own power?  Is it out of gas or something?  Wait no it is hovering so it works but Logan is just like screw it, MOAR PUPPIES.  I told my friend he should just model some wolves pulling his new flying box as it makes just as much sense.

Generally suggestions I've seen involve the wolves being for aesthetics, extra defence/offence and psychological factor (wolves are scary). The links to the chariot are used to link the thoughts of the rider and the wolves so that they are able to move/attack as one.

Seems reasonable to me.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Fri Aug 29 2014, 10:38

@Foostickens wrote:
@Barking Agatha wrote:

Its a hovercraft pulled by wolves.  Why would wolves be pulling something that can move on its own power?  Is it out of gas or something?

According to the SW Codex:

Stormrider: Stormrider is an ornate war chariot held aloft by anti-grav gyrostabilisers. It has no means of self-propulsion, for it has ever been drawn forth by a pair of giant Thunderwolves since the time of Russ.

So they can master anti-grav technology but not a jet engine?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Fri Aug 29 2014, 12:17

Its a floating viking bath-tub. Just sculpt some viking bubbles and youre good. A plastic viking duck maybe?

But I like th idea of a slave -carried palanquin/chariot Smile
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Fri Aug 29 2014, 15:31

@@miral wrote:

But I like th idea of a slave -carried palanquin/chariot Smile

I suppose it wil be too slow

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Fri Aug 29 2014, 23:53

So the latest rumour (BoLS via Crazy Irish) is that there is an entry for a "Tantalus" unit included in the forthcoming releases. I could see this happening because a) the kit is readily based on existing Raider/Ravager design, and already exists through FW, so wouldn't be too hard to translate into plastic, b) everyone adores the FW Tantalus and would love to get one if they can, and c) it could easily be made as a dual-purpose kit giving Vect his Dais. Ka-ching.

On the other hand, I cannot see them finally releasing the Voidraven. Too much time has passed, most people who wanted one have already converted/proxied it. There is not enough sales potential left with that kit, even with a massive rules boost to differentiate it from the Razorwing, it would still be a large, expensive, single-purpose kit. Too limiting.

As Clively said earlier, the VR disappears, like other no-model units in the codex, and the Razorwing gets new rules giving it more roles, or at least the Ex-VR's loadout.

And I would love to see a - viable - Decapitator model get released, always have. Viable, as in some rules along the lines of the recent Imperial assassins.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sat Aug 30 2014, 00:12

I would easily pay $20-$25 for a decapitator model even if the rules aren't viable he has some if the coolest artwork in the book.

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sat Aug 30 2014, 00:29

I can see an 80 darra kit that comes as a Dais/Barge dual kit.
Back to top Go down
Martinman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:12

@Gobsmakked wrote:

As Clively said earlier, the VR disappears, like other no-model units in the codex, and the Razorwing gets new rules giving it more roles, or at least the Ex-VR's loadout.

I could easily see the new codex giving options such as "Extra Armor" where you pay X points to increase the front and side armor to 11 (and thus creating an option for Spinal Tap jokes), and then upgrading the lances to Void Lances, taking void mines, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sat Aug 30 2014, 21:47

Aren't Razorwings supposed to be sleeker than Voidravens however? I mean, Void Lances as an upgrade for something that's supposed to be sleeker sounds kind of cheesy to me.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sun Aug 31 2014, 07:36

@Lord_Alino wrote:
Aren't Razorwings supposed to be sleeker than Voidravens however? I mean, Void Lances as an upgrade for something that's supposed to be sleeker sounds kind of cheesy to me.

One rumor says that "Razorwing" will get more options, than in 5th ed.
Maybe it`s not all about guns. Because extra armor it`s... kinda not bad at all. Especialy for us

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sun Aug 31 2014, 14:30

I just don't see Dark Eldar taking extra armor on their vehicles. They want to stay fast and maneuverable. Why would they put extra armor on their vehicles if you wanted them to stay that way?
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sun Aug 31 2014, 22:11

I agree with Alino, maybe a better flickerfield or a different form of shield would be best.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Sep 01 2014, 22:39

@Theatakcat wrote:
I agree with Alino, maybe a better flickerfield or a different form of shield would be best.

oh oh, I know...  What if - and I'm just spitballing here - What if we got a shield that could also act like a gun?  Wouldn't that be just awesome?  Everyone would just love DE then...cheers

lol!

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Sep 01 2014, 22:56

That'd be fun but I doubt it.

A better flickerfield thing for like 15 pts would be neat though.
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Sep 02 2014, 00:26

I'm hoping night shields give stealth....maybe some way to get shrouded maybe via a character item to bubble a few raiders around.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Sep 02 2014, 01:51

Night shields with stealth would make sense, and make any friendly unit within 3 inches of the vehicles gain stealth possibly.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Sep 02 2014, 09:04

@Lord_Alino wrote:
Night shields with stealth would make sense, and make any friendly unit within 3 inches of the vehicles gain stealth possibly.

I've suggested in the past that Night Shields should give our vehicles the permanent benefit of the (old) Night Fight rules. So they'd have Stealth at >12", Shrouded at 24-36" and could not be targeted at all at >36".

Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Sep 02 2014, 10:59

That's kind of OP I think. If you could negate that with those searchlights maybe. Although Nightshields as are are amazing. Maybe if the got cheaper a little. In a vehicle heavy List you could have another venom for the price of all the nightshields you might want.

Edit: how many anti tank guns with more than 48" are there?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Sep 02 2014, 11:03

@@miral wrote:
That's kind of OP I think. If you could negate that with those searchlights maybe.

I don't think it would be OP really, due to the huge amount of Ignores Cover shooting out there these days.

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: