Share | 

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Wed Aug 20 2014, 15:00

I'd echo your opinion Mngwa, I don't think we'll get any generic characters and instead push the special characters.

Decapitator is interesting as he has been with us since the beginning but when I polled 'which special character would you miss least', he was on top.

Baron has been popular but only due to his rules. People rocked him in 5th with Hellions and in 6th with the Beastpack which continues to this day. As a character he feels the least fleshed out and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes.

Drazhar will stay either way, he either gets a new model or doesn't.

Malys has made a few appearances in fiction and is well liked, I think she could make for a nice model.

Sliscus reappears in Lukas's entry in the new SW codex but that doesn't mean much. I like to think he is popular with most Dark Eldar players and makes his way into a lot of lists, even if he isn't the best choice out there. I'll be buying seven on release day so I'm hoping he makes the cut. If he doesn't then I am sure there will be options to make something close to him in the Archon entry.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Barking Agatha
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 21 2014, 01:19

I would try to package as much new stuff as I could into as little an investment as possible. For example:

* Add a new option to Duke Sliscus: his ship, the 'Black Perfidy' (give it something simple, like +1 to cover saves). Re-package the dark eldar Raider with new cover art as 'Dark Eldar Raider / Black Perfidy', and include a small sprue to make a 'dark eldar raider boatswain / duke Sliscus'. All you need is a Sliscus head, a standard warrior body, a cape, and a few bits to make Black Perfidy slightly different from a normal raider (raise price accordingly).

* Re-package kabalite warriors as 'Kabalite Warriors / Kabalite Trueborn' and put in a sprue with another blaster, splinter cannon, dark lance, and 3 or 4 shardcarbines.

* Re-package wyches as 'Wyches / Bloodbrides', adding a sprue with more wych weapons.

* Re-package the Razorwing as 'Razorwing / Voidraven'.

* Make one or two really new plastic models. Vect on the Dais as a big box with 'must have' rules, that can also make a Court of the Archon? Grotesques in packages of three? The Baron as a single in a blister pack?

* And you're done. In the future you can release more stuff depending on the demand for it, when the time is right. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 21 2014, 05:55

My guess is three new kits. An Incubi/ trueborn plastic kit (Some very reliable sources have stated that the supply system has been updated with $29 incubi.) the Voidraven bomber/something else kit. maybe a flying transport kit like the night scythe? Plastic Archon possibly with the options to make some of the named characters like vect and the baron.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 21 2014, 09:50

The hip new thing for GW is dual purpose plastic kits, what do you think you'll see with Dark Eldar?

An Incubi/Trueborn kit would be interesting, have alternate heads, backpack, and weapon arms to swap.

There's actually very little visual difference between what a 3+ and 5+ sv looks like on Dark Eldar models, just compare an Archon with an Incubus. I imagine a 7e codex could give Trueborn mandatory ghostplate too.

Of course there ARE little differences in the armor, but it's nothing like the difference between power armor, carapace, and flak armor where you'd need different models to show it.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 21 2014, 11:05

@Sky Serpent wrote:
My predictions:

Barge. Based on most armies receiving something big and Logan receiving his sled I'm gonna plump for a triple barge kit. The options would be gun boat, transport and Dais, turning the Dais into this new barge type with a Vect model of course. Expect to pay £70. I would probably cry tears of joy.

That would be so awesome! A bigger gunboat could look so cool... That would be the best thing ever!

Regarding our named characters, I would hate so see Kheradruakh go. Even more so than the duke and the baron, as his character is so unique - it is just the rules.

Concerning new kits, I guess the voidraven is a given, either as standalone or in a dual kit. An Incubi/Trueborn kit sounded totally wrong until I saw HokutoAndys posting. The armour is really not that different.... And a big kit. My guess is a bigger heami construction, but I would love the big gunboat/transport/Dias box! ;-)

...What about a Bastion made out of Guardsmen as some form of sick sarcasm?...Or a Fortress of Redemption made out of Dark Angels - Sky Serpent
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sat Aug 23 2014, 07:30

Incubi\trueborn box sound great!
But i wanna see whole new plastic units as well.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sun Aug 24 2014, 17:19

I think we can be certain to see Asdrubael Vect, as he can't be excluded from a Dark Eldar codex. Voidraven we'll also see for sure, as I remember Jes Goodwin saying that the model was waiting for a release slot.

I actually think plastic Incubi have a good chance as well, seeing how they are a big seller for GW and it would give them a chance to include a Klaivex and Drazhar.

By that logic there is also a possibility for a Mandrake plastic set that includes Kheradruakh  Razz 

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sun Aug 24 2014, 19:31

I want a Bloodbride kit.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 25 2014, 16:57

So, the latest rumour is we won't get anything new, just updated kits. If that was true, how would you feel about that?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 25 2014, 17:23

@Sky Serpent wrote:
So, the latest rumour is we won't get anything new, just updated kits. If that was true, how would you feel about that?

No new units?

That wouldn't be too bad. More of a question then will existing kits like hellions and mandrakes be more worthy of purchase, and is it worth getting a trueborn kit if you have already made your army's trueborn
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 25 2014, 17:55

@Sky Serpent wrote:

i will be very dissapointed!!!
Evil or Very Mad

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 25 2014, 19:27

@Sky Serpent wrote:

Looking at our Troop sprues, I don't expect GW to completely redo those just in order to downsize the boxes.
Redesigned packaging, a slight price increase, sure. But we're no GK and need some new or severely tweaked tools to deal with all the developments since our last codex.

Perhaps the Razorwing will be overhauled to actually function as the purported AA it should be? More lances, different missiles, high strength low AP, and no poison.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 25 2014, 19:59

@Sky Serpent wrote:

I would feel like my converted Void Raven is now a paperweight.

I'm not sure how worried I am about losing named HQs. When you think about it, if GW removed all HQs without models, that would only give us five HQ entries. None of them named archons.

If we do get models I'm with the majority. Vect and Voidraven. Anything beyond that would likely be a coven unit so they can push a coven supplement. I'm with big monster. If I'm not mistaken the Cronos in the path series was streamlined for speed. Big units don't have to be slow and ponderous. As I've stated before the bird monster from Bioshock Infinite looks like a grotesque creation with a little less gruesomeness. So I'd love a flying monstrous creature. It would give us something a lot more useful than vect or a voidraven. Vector strike. Since I don't know how they'll reduce our inability to do anything against flyers.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 25 2014, 21:53

@Sky Serpent wrote:

Where'd this rumour come from?
Back to top Go down
clively
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 26 2014, 01:24

@Sky Serpent wrote:

If ALL we get is a codex that is in the same format as the GK one and a few kits that are simply plastic versions of finecast, then I'd call that a win.

I don't need a new monster kit to buy as I really don't like the idea of having a single "lynch pin" unit in my army.  My play style is one that is more multi-role MSU.

With regards to the book itself, what I really want is just a clear history (with the current dex does pretty well) along with VERY clear unit costs/descriptions.  I consider most of the 6e codexes to be garbage (I own all except Ork and SW).  Information is literally scattered everywhere, page reference numbers often don't match up and numerous important things don't have references anyway.  It's like a 6 year old was given a pair of scissors and told to have fun.

However, the GK codex is perfectly clear.  I played a 2k point game with it this weekend.  It took less than 10 minutes to create a list and I wasn't constantly page flipping to figure out what each unit did.  On the other side of the table were Daemons and CSM.  That player was literally cussing the books because so much was just hidden or badly referenced.  I swear the game lasted as long as it did simply because it was hard to figure out simple things like: how do pink horrors shoot under 7e and what mastery level do each of the units count as towards the psychic dice (faq was no help)?

So, if we get a CLEAR codex then I'll be happy.  If we get plastic Incubi then fantastic.  If some of our useless units like Mandrakes get a reason for seeing the table, I'd call that bonus time.  Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I just hate spending my game time flipping pages when it should be spent playing.  

Which is the MAIN reason why I play DE to begin with.  The core of our rolls are 3s to hit and 4s to wound.  I don't care what the T is on the other side, nor do I even care what their Armor is.  The stuff that doesn't work like that isn't overbearing and is quite simple to keep track of.  Even Power from Pain isn't too bad.  I prefer simple mechanics with depth of strategy and that sums up DE perfectly.  I hope they keep that flavor.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 26 2014, 02:06

Now, if they really wanted to have our opponents waking up in a cold sweat, then change our talos/cronos into jump MCs. That is the stuff of nightmares.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 26 2014, 02:44

They do need a speed increse. Maybe even more wounds or better yet starts with a pain token
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 26 2014, 13:13

I suspect that if GW doesn't produce much in the way of new models then they will push the limit on making our new rules as competitive as possible. The existing range is some of their best models and it's a lot cheaper just to make the DE holy terrors via their rules which should have the added benefit of attracting new players to our faction. From what the rumors imply I'd say GW's business plan for the DE release would be to get other 40k players to buy the existing range of models. If this plays out we should expect some interesting tweaks that at the very least make the army as close to universally liked and wanted as can be.

Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Wed Aug 27 2014, 00:25

@Sky Serpent wrote:

Where did this come from indeed?

We NEED Vect, you can't simply not release a DE codex without him. That's like releasing a Chaos codex without Abaddon, or an Ork codex without Ghazkull. Plus the Voidraven was rumoured to be ready for release, so there should be no reason to not include it into the codex.

I'd rather wait longer to get all the units we need than to have to buy DLC's in order to play with the models that were supposed to be in the codex.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 10:44

I bet we will get a vect model as a lord of war. Hopefully on his Dias with rules that befit a lord of war. It would also be cool if we got a chariot though (if they can make it look cool).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 10:51

@Trystis wrote:
I bet we will get a vect model as a lord of war. Hopefully on his Dias with rules that befit a lord of war. It would also be cool if we got a chariot though (if they can make it look cool).

I'm not optimistic!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 11:32

I want to know who it was that saw those chariot models as concept sketches and thought "Hells yeah! Lets make em like that!".

What was he on and where can I get some.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 15:23

Not sure what, but you're local wych cult probably has a supply.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:05

The chariot would fit perfectly into the "decadent antiquity" setting from which our design is inspired. So far we have fighting beasts and wyches, but the chariot race is done by jetbikes.

Does it have to be ugly or is that an option?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:22

@@miral wrote:
The chariot would fit perfectly into the "decadent antiquity" setting from which our design is inspired. So far we have fighting beasts and wyches, but the chariot race is done by jetbikes.

Does it have to be ugly or is that an option?

In the interests of fairness I do have to say that not every chariot GW have produced lately is a monstrosity.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: