New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 11:14

Lord_Alino wrote:
I don't want a big dark eldar monster thing. That defeats the purpose of our army.

I CONCUR!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 11:28

Access to some Zombie type units might be cool. 30 man Fearless blob exiting the webway. Infact, I recently read back over our fluff and noticed the small paragraph about the Parched....

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 13:01

1++ wrote:
Access to some Zombie type units might be cool. 30 man Fearless blob exiting the webway. Infact, I recently read back over our fluff and noticed the small paragraph about the Parched....

Parched you say, do share more. They sound rather interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 15:34

The Parched... sounds like people who haven't drank water in a week. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 15:45

The Parched are the poor Eldar that are in a living death state. Their souls were siphoned from them by Slaanesh.

They are also very violent towards those with souls still.
Back to top Go down
macknight
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 16:33

From the recent trend, they're probably going to give us a chariot. I'd like to see our crapcast transformed into plastic and another vehicle that isn't based on the Raider chassis.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 16:54

I made a thread recently (not so recently actually but a while ago) suggesting Parched as a way of turning DE to more of a horde-unit. They already are, at least more than CWE, in fielding more infantry and masses of vehicles, but I can't stop thinking about a huge prison-skimmer with a cage full of degraded dark eldar who are piled out on top of the enemy. And they wouldn't be any good until they start getting pain tokens.

WS3 and masses of bodies for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 16:59

So, its a tarpit. Haven't we already got beastpacks to do that for us? Although the ability to fit them into a raider could increase mobility, and you could get a dangerous unit tarpitted by turn 2! Love the idea.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Tue Aug 12 2014, 18:15

macknight wrote:
From the recent trend, they're probably going to give us a chariot. I'd like to see our crapcast transformed into plastic and another vehicle that isn't based on the Raider chassis.

I like this idea. Can you imagine giving an Archon with a huskblade, shadowfield, combat drugs, and a soultrap a chariot?

It'd have to be pretty fast though in my opinion. Maybe a vehicle a little bit smaller than a Venom?
Back to top Go down
clively
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 06:59

My prediction: vect on a chariot and a big brother to the talos: likely a MC in the heavy slot. All other hq's without models go away.   Archon model moved to plastic with only minor changes necessary to support plastic production. Still won't have the right  wargear.

I don't understand why people are asking for castigators.   We already have them:  allied wraithguard.  7th allows us to field those with no other requirements and wraithguard meets the description of the books.   Just  put some chains or something on the models.

The bomber goes away while the razorwing gets an overhaul in the rules to allow it to be fielded in different roles.  Harlequins are removed, no need to have them in 2 codexes anymore.   Bloodbrides removed ( thank raging heroes) wyches rules changed to tone down access to haywire.  You'll have to take them in 10 man squads to get the same haywire level as today.  General point cost reduction, vect's ride included in cost instead of being extra.  Mandrakes still worthless. Scourges get slightly better.  

All current boxes updated to the new look.  Zero price changes, vect + ride: $60 US, new MC: $85+

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 12:57

Clively, I also believe that Malys will be dropped, (Once again, thanks raging heroes)

Although even though I know it's true... I can't accept us getting a big creature from NOPE!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 13:10

Ok, new idea.

It probably won't happen, but what if the Dias of Destruction WAS our big monster? Upgrade it completely from a Ravager/heavily armed Raider, and just make it a great big awesome-sauce transport of doom?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 14:07

That depends on whether GW want to infringe upon the ground already covered by FW's Tantalus. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but I'd probably say they won't.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 15:30

We do have a Tantalus, which is more than enough big stuff for me.
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 15:41

I want a giant razorwing bird. As big as a manta and as tough as a hierophant.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 19:12

Theatakcat wrote:
Would a gigantic monster fit into a Dark Eldar army though? A giant lumbering monster wouldn't mesh very well with a hit and run glass cannon army.

Well we've already got the Talos and Chronos and the grotesques barely fit in raiders, so not like big slow lumbering monsters are too unusual for DE.

For a DE lord of war unit though, I think a Tantalus or something similar would be fitting:
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1394/40/1394400744935.pdf

Increase the transport capacity to 20 and have special rules for disembarking the troops even if moving flat-out (or flying, something like that deserves to be able to switch between flying and skimming). Maybe let it tug along a talos or two.

Or... it has a webway portal built into it!

That would be a fitting LoW for a speedy Dark Eldar army, as well as making it distinct from other armies that just have a big slow moving titan. Basically it's the BESTEST MOST ULTIMATE TRANSPORT EVER.
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 19:32

That would be very fun to play, charge it up the board and let all hell break loose when beast death stars come out of the transport.

Love the idea.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 19:33

HokutoAndy wrote:

For a DE lord of war unit though, I think a Tantalus or something similar would be fitting:
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1394/40/1394400744935.pdf

Increase the transport capacity to 20 and have special rules for disembarking the troops even if moving flat-out (or flying, something like that deserves to be able to switch between flying and skimming). Maybe let it tug along a talos or two.

Just imagine 19 warriors and Sliscus derpin around in it XD
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 19:38

Trueborn with shardcarbines in that with Sliscus, anything that isn't in a vehicle and is in range of those trueborn are already dead.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Thu Aug 14 2014, 20:20

That's the best idea ever! lol

Make sure to bring max splinter cannons to!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Fri Aug 15 2014, 11:24

A real battlebarge would be really awesome! I had seen some sketches from FW a few years ago at the German GD, and they where really promising but they said they world love to do then at some stage.... Whenever that is.

I think, a big monster kind of unit is the best guess. An uber grotesque of some sort..
Still would love to see a bigger kind of transport. I have the Tantalus, still WIP, and it looks really good, but I just want to have more variation ;-)

...What about a Bastion made out of Guardsmen as some form of sick sarcasm?...Or a Fortress of Redemption made out of Dark Angels - Sky Serpent
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sat Aug 16 2014, 08:04

Crazy_Irish wrote:
A real battlebarge would be really awesome! I had seen some sketches from FW a few years ago at the German GD, and they where really promising but they said they world love to do then at some stage.... Whenever that is.

I think, a big monster kind of unit is the best guess. An uber grotesque of some sort..
Still would love to see a bigger kind of transport. I have the Tantalus, still WIP, and it looks really good, but I just want to have more variation ;-)

I rather see some real big fuggin ugly monster for beastmasters, instead of mega-grotesque.
I alredy whrite it somewhere, but why not include in 3-5 beastmasters some REALY big thing, wich just can`t be controlled by one or two beastmasters?
I think it could be fun.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:51

My predictions:

Barge. Based on most armies receiving something big and Logan receiving his sled I'm gonna plump for a triple barge kit. The options would be gun boat, transport and Dais, turning the Dais into this new barge type with a Vect model of course. Expect to pay £70. I would probably cry tears of joy.

Voidraven. Or this would be our new big kit which would be pretty boring - don't get me wrong, I love and want the Voidraven but I want something new too. Double kit?

Coven Gribbly. Kelly and Goodwin made no secret that a large Coven monster was close to making the cut but never made it to the final draft.

New sets. I'd love to see them update some of the Finecast to plastic but going by recent releases, I can't see it happening.

Characters. I think we're going to get treated or there will be lots of tears, and not the tears of joy I spoke about earlier. If Incubi were to get a kit, I'd expect Drazhar to surface in there. My gut tells me Baron and Malys will get cut. Let's not even consider Duke going. Sad

Supplements. Every race has received a supplement and the last couple have got theirs day one with the limited edition codex. I think there are two very obvious ones and a curveball: going by Orks and Wolves, they went for Ghazghkull and Grimnar which points to us getting a Vect codex. If our release was to be Coven heavy I'd go with a Coven release. Curveball? You know what I want.....

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:34

My predictions would be Void Raven (but I'm cheating a little when I say that's a prediction), plastic coven units, possibly new coven units making a dual-kit with grotesques. Maybe a dual wrack-mandrake plastic kit though that's a bit out there.

I suspect we'll keep Drazhar (new model hopefully), Urien, Lelith and Vect getting his own model. We have Malys, Kheradruakh, Baron Sathonyx, Duke Sliscus and Vect all without official models, and I can't see us getting all five. Two or three at a push, given that new plastic characters are all but guaranteed... I'll be very surprised if we don't get a plastic archon or succubus.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Wed Aug 20 2014, 14:34

Sathonyx, Sliscus, Kheradruakh and Malys are the ones most in danger of being removed in the next codex. (that is what I think at least)

None of them have a model.
Sathonyx has some artwork but not much else other than his backstory.
Sliscus and Malys have no official artwork but have quite a large amount of fluff on them. Sliscus is in the space wolf-codex as a mention with Lukas the Trickster (the old codex at least). Malys has Panacea Wars and her background on webway-travels, as well as appearance in Andy Chambers's novels.
Kheradruakh has official artwork and also a little book-time like Malys.

If I had to pick one that I think is most likely to be removed, I say it is Sathonyx. It is a shame because the little fluff he has as well as that picture in his entry is awesome.
I don't want to be cruel or anything but as far as the game itself goes, I would least miss Kheradruakh. Even if mandrakes get huge buffs in the next codex, I wouldn't be too bothered of them having no special character.
Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: