Share | 

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Sun Aug 10 2014, 23:49

So if the rumors shape up to be true and given what we've seen, I'm going out on a limb and saying that we're only going to get 2 new kits. My guesses is the new "Castigator" whatever it might be and we'll finally see the Void Raven Bomber kit. What are your thoughts on this my fellow Archons?
Back to top Go down
Garacesh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 01:51

Personally I'm hoping for Trueborn/Bloodbride models. I know you can use Warriors/Wyches but it just isn't the same. Plus, shardcarbines. Unless you happen to have bought a lot of Scourges, you're not going to have that many. And seriously. Why would you ever not give Trueborn Shardcarbines? The 6" dropoff is completely worth it for Assault 3, IMO.

Wouldn't mind a Vect/Dias or an official Sliscus, either, though.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 02:24

@MurDok wrote:
So if the rumors shape up to be true and given what we've seen, I'm going out on a limb and saying that we're only going to get 2 new kits. My guesses is the new "Castigator" whatever it might be and we'll finally see the Void Raven Bomber kit. What are your thoughts on this my fellow Archons?

Void Raven Bombers! Get your Void Raven Bombers here! Only 119.99$!!!

@Garacesh wrote:
Personally I'm hoping for Trueborn/Bloodbride models. I know you can use Warriors/Wyches but it just isn't the same. Plus, shardcarbines. Unless you happen to have bought a lot of Scourges, you're not going to have that many. And seriously. Why would you ever not give Trueborn Shardcarbines? The 6" dropoff is completely worth it for Assault 3, IMO.

Wouldn't mind a Vect/Dias or an official Sliscus, either, though.

We meet again fellow Archon.

I agree a Vect/Dais model would be amazing.

Dais of Destruction! Get your Dais of Destruction here! Only 149.99$!
Back to top Go down
Garacesh
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 02:38

Only problem with Vect is that I wouldn't know who else to schlep on the Dias with him.
Maybe Harlequins..
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 03:22

Incubi. I'd totally do incubi.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:08

Really can't see too much beyond Castigators and the Voidraven. The rest of the range is pretty much complete. I think any unit without a model will be gone. We might get a new plastic clampack kit but I'm struggling to see what it would be. Here's the current status of the entire DE range.

Asdrubael Vect – No model
Dais of Destruction – No model
Lady Malys– No model
Drazhar - Failcast
Lelith - Failcast
Urien - Failcast
Sliscus – No model
Decrapitator – No model
Baron – No model
Archon - Failcast
Court of the Archon - Failcast
Succubus - Failcast
Haemonculi - Failcast
Incubi - Failcast
Grotesques - Failcast
Wracks - Failcast
Mandrakes - Failcast
Harlequins - Failcast
Trueborn – No model
Bloodbrides – No model
Warriors – New plastic kit
Wyches – New plastic kit
Hellions – New plastic kit
Scourges – New plastic kit
Beastmasters - Failcast
Reavers – New plastic kit
Raider – New plastic kit
Venom – New plastic kit
Ravager – New plastic kit
Talos – New plastic kit
Cronos – New plastic kit
Razorwing – New plastic kit
Voidraven– No model

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:07

Honestly, I don't think Castigators will be included.
I think they were a somewhat amusing mention in one sub-par novel, but I don't think they'll make their way into the Dark Eldar proper.

If we're really talking predictions, I predict:

Plastic Archon, goes without saying, in a stupid pose that we'll hate.

A new Razorwing/Voidraven dual set that will be expensive, but we'll buy it anyway.

Vect on a Chariot, probably as a LoW, no further transport capacity.

Plastic Incubi and Wrack sets, hopefully in half-decent dynamic poses.

Something large, but not a Castigator. The problem I see with that is that they're described very much like Wraithguyard/Knights, but say what you like about all the big stompies, there is at least variation, and I think there would be a lot of moaning if all we got was a spiky Wraithknight. No, I predict something else entirely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:31

@Squidmaster wrote:
I think they were a somewhat amusing mention in one sub-par novel, but I don't think they'll make their way into the Dark Eldar proper.

I know what you're saying but I just don't think GW would have introduced a previously unheard of unit into a novel if they weren't planning on releasing a model for it. And the Castigators were a pretty big part of the novel in question.

Quote :
If we're really talking predictions, I predict:

Plastic Archon, goes without saying, in a stupid pose that we'll hate.

At least it would be better for converting than the current Failcast version. Probably wouldn't buy it though as the plastic characters are obscenely expensive even for GW.

Quote :
A new Razorwing/Voidraven dual set that will be expensive, but we'll buy it anyway.

I don't see them doing a dual kit when they already have one half of it available as a plastic kit. Plastic kits are horrendously expensive to make so they'll want to keep the Razorwing available on its own AND make us buy the Voidraven.

Quote :

The Dais has been around for ages and I'm not sure Vect works on a chariot. That being said, Path of the Archon did make mention of Vect's floating Ziggurat command post so maybe something new will come along for that.

Quote :
Plastic Incubi and Wrack sets, hopefully in half-decent dynamic poses.

I'm not sure there have been any new plastic kits released for units where there are Failcast boxes already available so I don't really see this happening.

Quote :
Something large, but not a Castigator. The problem I see with that is that they're described very much like Wraithguyard/Knights, but say what you like about all the big stompies, there is at least variation, and I think there would be a lot of moaning if all we got was a spiky Wraithknight. No, I predict something else entirely.

See earlier comments.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:48

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Squidmaster wrote:

I know what you're saying but I just don't think GW would have introduced a previously unheard of unit into a novel if they weren't planning on releasing a model for it. And the Castigators were a pretty big part of the novel in question.

That implies that GW games development and Black Library actually communicate with each other in any way.......
Plus I don't think their role was that large in the novel. It seemed more like an Andy Chambers "wouldn't this be cool" thing to quickly wrap up the story.

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Squidmaster wrote:

I don't see them doing a dual kit when they already have one half of it available as a plastic kit. Plastic kits are horrendously expensive to make so they'll want to keep the Razorwing available on its own AND make us buy the Voidraven.

I can ee the current set getting at least one new sprue as a Voidraven addition set.

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Squidmaster wrote:

The Dais has been around for ages and I'm not sure Vect works on a chariot. That being said, Path of the Archon did make mention of Vect's floating Ziggurat command post so maybe something new will come along for that.

Logan Grimnar has been around for quite a while too, and now he's on a Chariot. Calgar was around ages too before being given Terminator Armour. The Master of the Ravenwing used to be in a Land Speeder, and Ghazghul Thraka used to have a Grot named Macari running around with him. GW have never balked at changing things around when they want to.
And lets be fair, previous Codex Vect's dias wasn't even a transport, it actually fit the bill of what we'd now call a chariot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 13:00

I'd prefer it if we never mentioned Santa's Logan's chariot on this forum. #shudder

Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 13:20

I'm hoping for plastic Grotesques. They're quite an obvious one to do, especially given the recent history of large elite model resculpts in plastic (ogryns and meganobs). I suspect they'll leave Incubi and Wracks as finecast. If they didn't do any of the Eldar aspect squads in plastic, I really can't see them doing it with our stuff.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 15:44

Grotesques would be great, if they were put in a pack of three instead of having to be bought separately, and some customisation options. Grotesques should get more love, I think they're great! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 16:24

I think before they even consider making brand new units. They need to work on models for the existing ones.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 16:30

@Lord_Alino wrote:
I think before they even consider making brand new units. They need to work on models for the existing ones.

Sadly, recent GW practise seems to point to 'no model = no rules'. As Failcast seems to have gone the way of the dodo (thankfully), single character models are too expensive to justify making in plastic so any special characters without existing models are likely to be removed from any new codex.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 16:56

You mean.... Sliscus? Gone? -cries eternally-

Malys will be gone too... She's like... the best thing we have against Psykers.

Vect better get a model >.<
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 17:45

I think getting rid of all those characters evaporates of a lot of flavour to the codex.  pale 

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 18:50

Vect on the Dias moved to LoW
Archon kit that you can make an Archon, Duke of Malys with options.
Haemonculus kit with various options
Castigators

If they do a Stormclaw like set and not have an Archon kit then the Duke, Malys or the Baron is the special character there. Decapitator and probably baron get the axe.

Wracks and Grots may get plastic kits if enough finecast have sold so they arent stuck on a huge inventory of now obsolete models.

Archon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:13

@Count Adhemar wrote:
 Neutral 

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:58

Baron getting axed? He was like... one of my favorite named hqs in the codex (ahead of him are Sliscus and Drazhar)
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:06

It's gonna be like guard. All of the interesting special characters are axed and the bland one's are left, although it'll be slightly different with DE cause vect and Lelith gr8. But the loss of the Duke and Lady Malys will leave a hole in my heart that I can only fill with pain and sufferring Twisted Evil .
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:14

Personally with all the big models that have come out; Wraithknight, the Gork(andMork)anuts and such I would love to see something big for us. Tho personally I'd perfer it being some sort of extra large Haemonculi monster as opposed to any sort or 'machine'.

I also hope they do not get rid of characters like the Baron, the Duke and the Lady. Personally I found the best part about the Duke and Baron was the fact that you could just make your own model for them. Always thought the Lhamaein could easily be made into a Malys. Wouldn't mind seeing the decapitator get axed tho.
Back to top Go down
Theatakcat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:28

Would a gigantic monster fit into a Dark Eldar army though? A giant lumbering monster wouldn't mesh very well with a hit and run glass cannon army. Maybe a scourge experiment gone wrong? A mixture of scourge and grotesque, a giant that's swift!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 22:02

@Thor665 wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
 Neutral 

Should have said no good current model for it.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 22:08

Or a new crystal heart.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   Mon Aug 11 2014, 23:08

I don't want a big dark eldar monster thing. That defeats the purpose of our army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition   

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Kit Predicition
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: