Baron
2* 10 Kabalite warriors in raiders
2* 15 Wyches
2* 5 Wyches
2* 10 Hellions
1* 6 revers
1* Ravager
1* Beast pack

Would this be a viable army which allows me to win some and lose some?
I'm thinking about dividing one unit of warriors into two unit of true born one with two dark lances and another with 3 blasters?

Thanks
JDW
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Thu Jun 05 2014, 15:54

I would like to see the Wyches in raiders instead of the Kabalites. With your headquarter choices I don't think you have the option of a Webway Portal. Your Wyches will need some help getting into combat. Four units of ten in Raiders will give you a hard-hitting assault force, especially if you roll good for your Combat Drugs.

Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Thu Jun 05 2014, 20:02

Wych special character? Lelith?

And what`s in beast pack??

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
JDrakeW
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Thu Jun 05 2014, 20:32

Yes her, one of the flocks, two invulnerable save and the one of the other ones
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Fri Jun 06 2014, 06:39

Well, you should slice up wyches squads and put them in transorts (maybe you has to take less of them). Because, you know, 15 running wyches - is not a big deal, even if they behind living shield.

Baron with the beast pack?

Oh, and you should take 1 unit of hellions. Think about 10 hellions and taking another beast pack for FA slot. Or maybe one Ravager

Edited text as chat/l33t speak is now allowed. Please use the English language to the best of your ability. Cheers - Cavash.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Fri Jun 06 2014, 07:20

I like the royal pair in a wych cult list. Baron and the Duke, back in action. The wych cult units benefit so much from the Duke's presence that it's ridiculous, and the Baron will ensure that you don't can get quality troops without having to put in Kaballite Warriors that will draw the Duke off into a unit he might not want to be in.

I've run a list like this with pretty good results. I definitely think it's worth tinkering with more.

Just an idea to mull over.
Back to top Go down
JDrakeW
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Fri Jun 06 2014, 08:13

Devilogical wrote:

Baron with the beast pack?

Oh, and u should take 1 unit of hellions. Think about 10 hellions and taking another beast pack for FA slot. Or maybe one Ravager

The baron would go in one of the two units of Hellions I have in the list.

Thanks Jimsole, So put the Duke in a squad of Kabalite warriors?

Thanks
JDW
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Fri Jun 06 2014, 18:33

It definitely needs some tweaking but Ill help you out with how I would probably run a wych list. ( Plus I kind of want to make a wych list for 7th  Smile )

It's just something silly that I threw together. It isn't exactly 2k points because there is room to wiggle but it sure does look fun.

HQ:

Duke Sliscus

Haemonculus : Venom Blade, Scissor Hand

Eite:

Trueborn x4 (blasters) - Venom (Nightshield) (Duke)

Troops

Wyches x8 Hekatrix x1( PGL, venom blade) - Radier (Nighsthield, Flickerfield)  (1 haemon)
Wyches x8 Hekatrix x1( PGL, venom blade) - Radier (Nighsthield, Flickerfield)  (1 haemon)

Wyches x5 (HWG) - Venom (Nightshield you can still score with the Venom after the tankbusters get out)
Wyches x5 (HWG) - Venom (Nightshield you can still score with the Venom after the tankbusters get out)

Heavy Support:

Ravager (x3 Disintegrators Flickerfield, Nightshield)

Razorwing Fighter (x2 Dark lances, Monoscythe missiles, Flickerfield, Nightshield) Depending on play
Razorwing Fighter (x2 Dark lances, Monoscythe missiles, Flickerfield, Nightshield)

Not super fluffy but it would be a blast to play that is for sure. And the raiders can have dissies or DL on them.

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sat Jun 07 2014, 04:45

Yeah, the Duke is required to start with a squad of Warriors or Trueborn if you have them. (Which is fine, although if you arrange your lists right you can exclude them entirely in favor of starting him with some Wracks, some Grotesques, or some Incubi.)

He buff is pretty handy, to tell the truth, but if you choose to use him in the standard fashion (by including warriors/trueborn) then you need to have a plan AHEAD of time to get him into CC. (Since none of his buffs vanish upon his death, and he has little to no power in ranged combat.)
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 06:43

The only thing I can say on this subject is, run it for fun. I'm gonna start running my hellion/reaver army, just to bad we don't have a reaver character. I just think if I win, I win and if I don't, oh well, at least I had my favorite models on the table. I also plan on running my Lelith/succubus army too, same reason and I will smile no matter the outcome.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 09:05

Wych cult has a,ways been viable, you just have to understand the wyches roles and dont try to make them your main killing force.

Skari
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 13:08

I have just started getting to know the Wych Cult. My first game with them (small 500pt force) I won against CSM.

The second game (at 1500pts)... well. I got tabled. BUT! The dice did not treat me well. Tactically I still have a lot to learn but there are a few things that I have learned just from those games:

Phantasm Grenade Launchers - These things are awesome. The new rules for defensive grenades, and being able to use them to force Blind tests on the enemy is awesome. Making small wych units a lot more dangerous against a variety of opponents, even high Initiative ones one in six times.

Raiders over venoms - I think the extra hullpoint on the raiders is super important for the wyches. I am inclined to run a few warrior units in Venoms as a dedicated anti infantry.

Reavers are awesome - Jink is great, they can start on the table and not get trashed, they are still super fast... and they do a lot of damage. I love the reavers.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 14:15

Its_Rumble wrote:

HQ:

Duke Sliscus

If you want to save 30pts, I believe the humble Venom Blade is better than Scissorhands on Haemonculi.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 16:06

It is, there is literally nothing to support Scissorhands over the v.blade now.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 16:23

Yeah, I tried to be in the scissorhand-cheerleading camp for a while, but the math just does NOT bear that out. Especially since the change to poison. Venom blades all the way down.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sun Jun 08 2014, 22:51

Well I didnt know that thank you for pointing that out. Ill make changes to my stuff accordingly.

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Mon Jun 09 2014, 17:07

Jimsolo wrote:
Yeah, the Duke is required to start with a squad of Warriors or Trueborn if you have them.  (Which is fine, although if you arrange your lists right you can exclude them entirely in favor of starting him with some Wracks, some Grotesques, or some Incubi.)

He buff is pretty handy, to tell the truth, but if you choose to use him in the standard fashion (by including warriors/trueborn) then you need to have a plan AHEAD of time to get him into CC.  (Since none of his buffs vanish upon his death, and he has little to no power in ranged combat.)

Duke Sliscus is my HQ of choice, and it doesn't take much planning to get him into CC:
  • Deploy him with Kabalites/Trueborn near a handy cc unit.
  • Run off on Turn 1 to join the cc unit and charge towards the enemy.

The wording for the Serpent's Venom buff means that the shooters keep it after Sliscus leaves them. You just have to not start both units in transports on T1, as Sliscus (or any model) can't disembark and embark in a single phase.

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Mon Jun 09 2014, 23:35

Yeah, he's my pick for #1 favorite HQ. I sincerely hope we don't lose him in the new 'dex.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Tue Jun 10 2014, 22:29

Jimsolo wrote:
Yeah, he's my pick for #1 favorite HQ.  I sincerely hope we don't lose him in the new 'dex.
Or have him modified to the point where we lose him. I am fearful of this though, because he doesn't have his own model.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Sat Jun 21 2014, 10:50

They always like to release new models with a new 'dex though. I think we'll just get another expensive finecast character to buy (or not, I'll stick with my own conversion, thanks).

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Wed Jun 25 2014, 18:50

i have a doubt I saw a battle report that the guy for some way gave his wyches rending in close combat i think he made this wrong but if the wyches have any way to get rendeing pls tell me how.
can i post the link to the battle report ?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Thu Jun 26 2014, 10:48

fredpower wrote:
i have a doubt I saw a battle report that the guy for some way gave his wyches rending in close combat i think he made this wrong but if the wyches have any way to get rendeing pls tell me how.
can i post the link to the battle report ?

Misfortune on the opposing unit.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Are wych cults armies Viable    Fri Jun 27 2014, 23:56

Huum ty im not used to the new power ty
Back to top Go down

Are wych cults armies Viable
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1