7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 21:17

@Mngwa wrote:
I just figured we can now have multiple allies, right?

I could go for my dream of catachan mercenaries while still have some rangers and now maybe even an autarch  Cool 

Maybe... maybe even some kroot for fun!

Also, another thing I realized that we can all ally with nids now too. The new rule is that it is the same as desperate allies, but when deploying, you must keep all that have the "come the apocalypse"-relation within 12" of each other.

Indeed.

I'm going to wade in and just say that I do NOT like what Temnplate weapons now do to open-topped transports. Me no likey at ALL.
That is all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Deathofclubs
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 21:39

So am I blind or stupid or something? My friends and I have read through the rule book 3 times and none of us can find anything that says how many Hull Points we have. It says check the codex for the vehicles individual stat line, and our Raiders stat line doesn't list HP.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 21:48

I would assume that they're going to be put into each individual army's Errata/FAQ document. Until then, common sense says play it as Venoms have 2, everything else has 3

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 21:49

I assumed it would be there too, but it's still just lazy on Gw's part, not to give us anything to go off of.

Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 21:57

I don't think it's lazy. If they release a new codex for an army and change the number of hullpoints that a certain vehicle had then the rulebook would be wrong and out of date. It's easier to put them in individual codices, seeing as there is potential for change.

The only problem is that we don't have them written in our codex, so for now I'd go off of the number we had last edition before FAQ/Errata can be released.

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 22:12

@Cavash wrote:
The only problem is that we don't have them written in our codex, so for now I'd go off of the number we had last edition before FAQ/Errata can be released.

Alternatively, we could employ a marker pen in our codex, and give all our vehicles 40 HPs.  pirat 
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 22:21

Templates on passengers...mmkay. My problem with this new rule is that a skimmer model effectively travels between a 1"-12" space above the ground, ignoring intervening terrain beneath it as it travels from point to point in search of it's next resting spot. A flamer template is 8" long so would not be able to reach the model at it's highest trajectory.
My solution: Immediately exchange piddly skimmer stands for antennae, claim 4+ jink saves all day long and never land a DL shot again  tongue .

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 22:39

My friend said sonce we don't have hull points, our first tournament together he is going to call the judge over as soon as we start and claim all my stuff should be wrecked. Just to see the look on everyones fave

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 22:50

@Deathofclubs wrote:
My friend said sonce we don't have hull points, our first tournament together he is going to call the judge over as soon as we start and claim all my stuff should be wrecked. Just to see the look on everyones fave

Very good point...
I wonder how quickly will they FAQ this.
Back to top Go down
Deathofclubs
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sat May 24 2014, 22:53

Supposedly a couple months... lets hope sooner

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 00:03

Who has the rulebook and can confirm that templates hurt passengers. What is the exact wording? Do blasts do this as well?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 00:22

On the bright side, we don't seem to wreck if immobilised while moving flat out anymore, so I guess our flat out moving raiders became two pips more survivable.

Also, I love that gone to ground units can't overwatch. I'm starting to think I should bring a 3 dissie Ravager to run with my Wyches, to give my opponents some interesting choices.

Also, buildings have hull points and can be haywired! Bastions etc are suddenly no problem.

Interceptor no longer grants the ability to fire at ground targets. Quad guns became much less useful all round, though still effective against our skimmers - wonder if we will see more of them?

Also, it seems to me that characters no longer get precision shot or precision strike? Not a big deal but curious.

This post brought to you be the word "also" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Hawksong
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 01:04

@colinsherlow wrote:
Who has the rulebook and can confirm that templates hurt passengers. What is the exact wording? Do blasts do this as well?

Confirmed. The rule is called No Escape on p173 and only seems to apply to template weapons and not blasts.

The embarked unit suffers d6 hits from the template weapon.
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 03:49

So, avoid Battle Sisters at all costs.

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Deathofclubs
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 03:57

So I'm reading my rulebook, and am looking at grenades. one of the first things it says is, "Only one grenade(of any typer) can be thrown by a unit per phase." Does this mean what I think it means for our Wyches.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 04:44

@Deathofclubs wrote:
So I'm reading my rulebook, and am looking at grenades. one of the first things it says is, "Only one grenade(of any typer) can be thrown by a unit per phase." Does this mean what I think it means for our Wyches.

No change from 6th there....can still only throw 1 per unit.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 04:48

What I mean is, in assault can each model still use one or are we now restricted to only one per unit when assaulting a vehicle.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 05:05

@Deathofclubs wrote:
What I mean is, in assault can each model still use one or are we now restricted to only one per unit when assaulting a vehicle.

The phrasing didn't change so I would assume it works the way it always has.

Would using the shock prow make since now? Since raiders can claim objective we could use it to move enemy troops off of it I think.

Last edited by Trystis on Sun May 25 2014, 05:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a question)
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 05:58

@Deathofclubs wrote:

Your not throwing a grenade when you assault, your assaulting with it. Throwing a grenade is a specific type of action, 8" range, small blast (at least it was in 6th...)
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 06:59

@Deathofclubs wrote:

I don`t think it change. In shooting phase u can throw one grenade of each type.
In close combay all models can use grenades, but reduces their attack to 1.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 12:02

i haven't got the rule book yet, waiting on the small one via E-bay. but was told that objective points are calculated at the end of each turn now. In a 5 objective game, unless we're playing an equally fast opponent we should be able to grab 10 objective points by turn 2. making it much harder for the enemy to catch up.

Is that correct about the objective points??? Cause bikes just got i little better, how cares if they can only snap fire next turn, bladevanes all the way

Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 12:21

@Devilogical wrote:
In shooting phase u can throw one grenade of each type.
It's one grenade total.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 12:56

I completely missed fortifications point costs in the rulebook. Did anyone finde them? So far I could only see the rules for aegis line cover etc but not how to choose them for an army.

Also I couldnt find the section for challenges by which you can reroll dices for watchers if you fight vs a single enemy character. I think they simply removed it... too bad considering a 2++ reroll in cc vs riptides and other stuff for my Duke is just gone

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 13:10

Just read they also took the restrictions for reserves out of the book, so everything can stay in reserves, except that you lose if you got nothing on the board at any point in time during the game ;-)

PostSubject: Re: 7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review   Sun May 25 2014, 13:14

@Aroban wrote:
I completely missed fortifications point costs in the rulebook. Did anyone finde them? So far I could only see the rules for aegis line cover etc but not how to choose them for an army.

They just aren't there. You will need stronghold assault for the points values now. Which is incredibly annoying. I have it anyway but Im sure oots of people whomused aegis lines don't.

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down

7th Changes for Dark Eldar - a review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: