HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Clonefields

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
archondav
Slave

PostSubject: Clonefields   Sat May 10 2014, 22:27

I have been on a long hiatus and am just getting back into 40k. With the latest codex it looks like I can run two Archons (the old codex limited you to only one). Does this mean I can also use a shadowfield on each Archon (again, in the old codex I was limited to only one shadowfield).

I was looking at the description of the clonefield and since I haven't played any games yet, I was wondering if people use them or just the trusty old shadowfield.

Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sat May 10 2014, 22:43

Urien Rakarth comes with a clonefield. The look on my opponent's face when I discarded the D weapon hits from his Imperial Knight? Worth every single point.
Back to top Go down
Grokfog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sat May 10 2014, 23:33

Just to add to this, you are indeed only allowed one shadowfield and one clone field in your army. Including those that special characters may have.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sat May 10 2014, 23:41

@Grokfog wrote:
Just to add to this, you are indeed only allowed one shadowfield and one clone field in your army. Including those that special characters may have.

This is incorrect actually, you are not limited to how many shadowfields and clone fields you can have in an army.

However you cannot take both on one character. Your archon can have the shadowfield OR the clonefield.

And if you took two Archons they could both have shadowfields.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 05:15

@Dragontree wrote:
@Grokfog wrote:

This is incorrect actually, you are not limited to how many shadowfields and clone fields you can have in an army.

However you cannot take both on one character. Your archon can have the shadowfield OR the clonefield.

And if you took two Archons they could both have shadowfields.

Correct.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 07:55

I use my archon with it often.
PgL, soultrap, huskblade and clone field. Work pretty well and a bit cheaper.

So, it can block D from knight??? Interesting...

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 09:55

@Devilogical wrote:

So, it can block D from knight??? Interesting...

To be fair, it probably should be FAQ'd. But as written now, it allows the bearer to negate the number of rolled succesful hits. "The bearer may choose which attacks are nullified."

It was either D-strength or the Stomp attack I negated. Several times. It took the Knight three turns to chew through Urien and 9 Wracks. Dark Eldar are fragile, eh?  
lol!
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 11:41

i use the clone field as standard on my archon, due to his uncanny ability to roll 1's the first time he used his shadowfield.

Unless your facing a full on combat monster you'll be facing about 4-5 attacks of which d3 can be stopped.
Over time (for me anyway) the clone field had given me more bang for my buck
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 12:41

@darthken239 wrote:
i use the clone field as standard on my archon, due to his uncanny ability to roll 1's the first time he used his shadowfield.

I so know, what you mean. But with my archon, I roll the 1, when he gets hit with a S6 or higher weapon the first time...

When using the clonefield, I think the gostplate armor is crucial. 4+ and 6++ could really help, when rolling a 1 for your duplicates.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 12:57

@Zenotaph wrote:
@darthken239 wrote:
i use the clone field as standard on my archon, due to his uncanny ability to roll 1's the first time he used his shadowfield.

I so know, what you mean. But with my archon, I roll the 1, when he gets hit with a S6 or higher weapon the first time...

When using the clonefield, I think the gostplate armor is crucial. 4+ and 6++ could really help, when rolling a 1 for your duplicates.

Absolutely agree Zenotaph, when I've taken clonefields I've always had ghostplate as a back up to it.

I'm pretty sure my success rate with shadowfields is below 30%.... It make no sense...
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sun May 11 2014, 13:15

@Dragontree wrote:
I'm pretty sure my success rate with shadowfields is below 30%.... It make no sense...

To be fair, there were times, I wouldn't have made it without them. Rocket launcher, Brightlance, Lascannon, doomsday cannon.
List is long, but more often, the field breaks down, when hit...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Sat May 17 2014, 00:49

@Zenotaph wrote:

Always check the batteries in your shadowfield before going out to play! Also sucks when they find the "off" switch for it xD

I have multiple Archon models with shadowfields but am designing one for use with a clonefield (djinn blade Archon). i like the sound of dodging uber powerful attacks mwahaha!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Mon May 19 2014, 19:42

I have a problem with rolling a 1 on both; However, I've never lost the clone field to a vehicle explosion....

I'm a fan of the clone field in lower point games. In higher point games, with the amount of shooting that can be brought to bear, my archon tends to get killed before I can enjoy the benefits of the clone field. So I've been taken the shadow field in higher point games.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Clonefields   Mon May 19 2014, 20:21

I like the idea of Clone Fields, but just feel that it leaves my character too exposed.

In combat, it's usually fine - unless my Archon is single-handedly taking on an IG platoon or somesuch, ignoring d3 hits will usually be enough protection (especially when combined with a 4+ save and FNP).

But, my concern is that he ends up being incredibly vulnerable to shooting. If his transport is shot down - more than likely because a) his presence alone paints a target on his transport, and b) currently our vehicles might as well be made of levitating-dynamite - or if he simply wins combat, then his defences are negligible. I don't like relying on a 2+ save that can disappear at any moment, but it's still infinitely preferable to relying on a 4+ (at best) save, in a world littered with Assault Cannons (S6 AP4 says 'Hi') and the like. Also, in the likely event that you take Ghostplate Armour as well, you're not even saving any points.

It's a shame, because I really like the idea of the Clone Field.
Back to top Go down

Clonefields
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: