AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:12

@Expletive Deleted wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Expletive Deleted wrote:
@Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
I would rather go for rending on all wyches. Fits the fluff and puts the "cannon" in "Glascannon"

Of course then there's absolutely no reason to take Harlequins. Not that there's much anyway beyond them looking awesome.

I'd be far from upset if Harlequins disappeared from our Codex and turned up in a supplement. Rending is a nice solution to beefing up the Wyches damage without making them ridiculous.

I would actually be sad to see them go. I'd much rather GW actually update them since they haven't in like six years. It's sad too because they don't even need a hard fix. Arguably incubi would still be better, but if GW just allowed them to take a dedicated transport they'd be a solid unit.

well then with the new dark eldar they will have a transport, so there you go Razz

Last edited by Elzadar on Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:14

@Erebus wrote:
I was told our new codex was written by Cruddace. Can't find anything supporting that claim though.

Who`s that?
I thougth Eldar (both) are Kelly`s toys Smile

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:17

I also thought codices were kind of going the 'groupwrite' method nowadays.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:26

As I understand it, they are still written by individual authors, but merely stated as by the development team because of all the hate Ward got. Can't say whether that latter part is true, but the former is supported by the fact that White Dwarf named Cruddace as author of the 'nid codex and Vetock (supposedly) wrote Astra Militarum.

@Devilogical wrote:
Who`s that?
Robin Cruddace. Wrote 5th Ed IG, 'nids, etc. Incredibly mediocre writer. Still, at least they will never be written by Ward.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:34

I think I have read somewhere that Phill Kelly is no longer working on anything related to W40K. But its internet rumour...

Anyway, as for the Ward comment, I think that he did quite good job on WFB HE and W40K Eldar. I have to agree that Eldar are bit over the top, but if the player is not an internet-knowledge-spammer, the Eldar can be very fun army to play with and against.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:37

Further images from WD, including detail shots of the new Haemie and a conversion corner for Venoms/Raiders, are up on http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.nl/2014/09/re-re-confirmaciones-de-eldar.html

Be warned, though, picture quality across the board is crappy.
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:40

they wont get rid of the Venom Very Happy, means they found another way to nerf it most probabbly insane price for a wet tissue paper
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 20:46

@aurynn wrote:
I think I have read somewhere that Phill Kelly is no longer working on anything related to W40K. But its internet rumour...
I read he was moved to Black Library. Presumably because he's the best fluff writer GW have.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 22:27

Nice the rumours of wrack pilots are true Very Happy The back of the heamie looks different than normal and the wracks do indeed look very similar.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Mon Sep 15 2014, 22:42

This is great news. I have had a coven Ravager on the workbench for .... at least a year ..... because I have never gotten the energy up to try and make my Wrack side gunners without botching the job. Plastic Wracks with vehicle crew bitz should help solve that problem.

As nice as he is in the pics shown so far, I am not sure that I get why we would need a new Haemie, when we already have a perfectly good new one (and Urien), but are missing so many other characters?
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Tue Sep 16 2014, 00:04

@Gobsmakked wrote:
As nice as he is in the pics shown so far, I am not sure that I get why we would need a new Haemie, when we already have a perfectly good new one (and Urien), but are missing so many other characters?

This new one, the old regular one and Urien gives us the three we're (presumably) still allowed to field as one HQ choice, without needing to resort to cost effective converting to get unique looking characters. That's be my guess. Also, I definitely prefer this new one to the old one. Plastic will be easier to convert too.

Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Tue Sep 16 2014, 00:47

OK, two simultaneous threads on the new codex is a tad confusing, so I am going close this one in favour of the newer, shorter thread also in New & Rumours:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t9912-our-codex-is-confirmed

Please keep the discussion of the codex and models there, and remember that there is also a wishlisting thread in the DE Discussion section:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t9508-a-dark-eldar-codex-wishlist

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   

Back to top Go down

New Dex in the late fall
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours