Share | 

New Dex in the late fall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: New Dex in the late fall   Fri May 09 2014, 14:48

Okay get out your salt shakers my fellow Archons, just read this over at BoLS.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/the-first-dark-eldar-rumors-arrive.html

Last edited by MurDok on Fri May 09 2014, 14:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : topic change)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Fri May 09 2014, 14:58

This is basically just a compilation of other rumours that have sprung up over the last week or so. Not holding my breath.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Fri May 09 2014, 17:45

@Count Adhemar wrote:
This is basically just a compilation of other rumours that have sprung up over the last week or so. Not holding my breath.

Agreed.

My issue with anything to do with rumours like this is that somebody could start wishlisting and then, thanks to everybody being connected on the internet, somebody says to other people "Wouldn't this previously mentioned thing be cool?" and then there's a potential for a huge game of internet Chinese-whispers.

It's possible, but take lots of salt.

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Fri May 09 2014, 18:18

@Cavash wrote:

It's possible, but take lots of salt.

I just bought 25kg of salt so I have plenty. Still new codex might be in the horizon.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Fri May 09 2014, 18:34

I can see the Coven being the focus of the new books more by accident than design, as ALL the current coven models are finecast with the exception of Talos/Cronos. Wracks and Grotesques will get updated, and probably a combo-kit for each. As far as Big Things that every army gets these days, a ma-hoosive coven model will probably be what we get as it makes the most sense. Beyond that, I can say with a degree of certainty that we'll get the Void Raven to round out the set. Hoping for updated beasts.

Mostly though, I don't mind too much about waiting for a new book as ours is pretty good as-is. I'm just praying that there's a codex/army book between Dark Eldar and Blood Angels so I don't have all my money evaporating at once. Unless the intervening book is Bretonnia, in which case I'll probably cry.

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Fri May 09 2014, 19:01

I'm cautious about being too optimistic, but a new Dark Eldar codex in late 2014 or early 2015 is exactly what I came up with a year ago by my astute calculations and keen powers of deduction, so I'm going to grant a lot of credibility to this rumour because it agrees with me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 10 2014, 01:43

Well there is a pre order available for a DE Apoc box set.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Kabalite-Stormsurge

and I just now saw the other posts with the link oh well. IT'S NEWS TO ME!!!

I wouldn't be surprised for there to be a DE update after BA and Orcs.

But is it just me or do some of those warriors look like they have new parts?

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 10 2014, 03:55

@Its_Rumble wrote:
Well there is a pre order available for a DE Apoc box set.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Kabalite-Stormsurge

But is it just me or do some of those warriors look like they have new parts?

They looked like the same old warriors to me.

Has anyone crunched the numbers to see if any money would be saved by purchasing this set? Usually there isn't, but I can hope...
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 10 2014, 04:22

No savings.

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 10 2014, 13:26

It is weird that there are no savings when buying that box since most of the new boxes have at least 1 "free" box of something in it (Looking at the new Chaos Attack Force for example).
Back to top Go down
Martinman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 10 2014, 15:49

@Dethric wrote:
It is weird that there are no savings when buying that box since most of the new boxes have at least 1 "free" box of something in it (Looking at the new Chaos Attack Force for example).

The Apocolypse bundles don't have savings; just the actual box sets and battleforces.
Back to top Go down
Gorthaur
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sun May 11 2014, 00:50

Looking forward to this, late fall sounds about right to me. After Orks and a SM army get done. They want all the current armies in hardback. I'd imagine they would do another SM army again after Dark Eldar.

I think the DE book will look amazing in full color, but im afraid they will mess with the fluff. Im happy with how grimdark and twisted the eldar in current codex is, they better not water the background down and play things down...particularly the Haemonculus, and torture/pain violence.
Back to top Go down
clively
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed May 14 2014, 18:35

(US prices)

Stormsurge break down: $333.25
30 Warriors
9 Reavers
1 Archon

Individually purchased: $333.25

3 Battleforces plus Archon: $346
30 Warriors
9 Reavers
1 Archon
30 Wyches

==========================

So, a Stormsurge set is exactly the same price as buying individually. However, if you instead purchased 3 battleforces plus an archon you would spend $13 more but get 30 Wyches as well... that's a much better deal.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed May 14 2014, 20:22

Technically stormsurge should be cheaper if you needed it shipped but its just my theory as I don't know what shipping would actually be.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 17 2014, 03:08

Shipping is not free over 80$ order ?
Back to top Go down
Dethric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 17 2014, 04:51

2 new rumors that talked about this potential new dex has surfaced on Faeit. Whoop! The rumor says it should arrive in November.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Sat May 17 2014, 05:14

w00t to the new dex rumor gaining ground. I don't know if its free over $80, knowing GW they probably charge more for larger orders lol.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed Jun 04 2014, 12:24

Here's a couple of small things that I've noticed; possibly they mean nothing but thought I should share anyway.

#1 - faction matrix in the rulebook has symbols for every army, on p 118. Most of these have been kicking around forever, and are represented on the packaging of that army's units. Two have changed - Orks, and Dark Eldar.

#2 - the Dark Millenium book has Codex cover art scattered throughout it as full-page shots, with the faction symbol in the background; including presumably the new Ork codex. Most of the marine variants don't have one as they fall under the Space Marine section (but the main Marine codex picture is present in that section), but all of the non-Space Marine armies (Astra Militarum, Adeptas Sororitas, and every Xenos faction) have their codex cover represented. Except Dark Eldar.

Nothing concrete, but those suggest to me that the Dark Eldar packaging/branding is currently undergoing a redesign, and the codex is getting new cover art which suggests that something new is only the way relatively soon.

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed Jun 04 2014, 12:52

@Panic_Puppet wrote:
Here's a couple of small things that I've noticed; possibly they mean nothing but thought I should share anyway.

#1 - faction matrix in the rulebook has symbols for every army, on p 118. Most of these have been kicking around forever, and are represented on the packaging of that army's units. Two have changed - Orks, and Dark Eldar.

#2 - the Dark Millenium book has Codex cover art scattered throughout it as full-page shots, with the faction symbol in the background; including presumably the new Ork codex. Most of the marine variants don't have one as they fall under the Space Marine section (but the main Marine codex picture is present in that section), but all of the non-Space Marine armies (Astra Militarum, Adeptas Sororitas, and every Xenos faction) have their codex cover represented. Except Dark Eldar.

Nothing concrete, but those suggest to me that the Dark Eldar packaging/branding is currently undergoing a redesign, and the codex is getting new cover art which suggests that something new is only the way relatively soon.

I did not #1 but I did notice #2 and I had a similar shiver of anticipatory excitement. Hopefully this will bubble up more substantially soon through the rumour mill
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed Jun 04 2014, 17:21

Hope is a first step towards dissapointment.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed Jun 04 2014, 17:51

Hope leads to disappointment.
Disappointment leads to hate.
Hate leads to Impeiral Knight armies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Wed Jun 04 2014, 19:18

I had almost posted this earlier, than deleted it, because I too feel hope is the first step to disappointment.

However, that being said, as long as everyone knows this is a RUMOR.....

The same gentleman that informed me of the upcoming codex, and has been right with rumors before, has given me a small tidbit of info.

The DE codex will get the same treatment as the AM, Tau and Eldar dexes....
Meaning we will get a codex, but we will also be getting a Sub Codex (like illayden, Stormtroopers, etc...)
Our Sub Dex will focus on Haemis and their wonderful creations. It will not be called a "coven" though.

Now, If I am not mistaken, the Stormtrooper dex came out BEFORE the AM codex.

Just passing on the stuff I hear.

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Thu Jun 05 2014, 09:20

Thanks for the info, but you could also say that someone told you, that there is sunshine after the rain.

The way of the supplement is fixed so no news there. Every new codex will get a supplement, I expect orks to get one too.
And the focus on heamis was already mentioned and is a nice equivalent to the Eldar, also fits with the roumors of a new "bane"kind of unit.

That being sad, I think the cults would be more in need of a supplement.

So I guess there is a good chance that your source will be true, but not because he is so well informed, but because it seems that you know Capt. Obvious. ;-)

But if you here more of that topic, please tell!

...What about a Bastion made out of Guardsmen as some form of sick sarcasm?...Or a Fortress of Redemption made out of Dark Angels - Sky Serpent
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Thu Jun 05 2014, 10:08

Based on trends I really wouldn;t be shocked at all by a supplement, but I'm really not fussed if its Haemonculi. I'd much rather it be Cults, or at least the Baron in a separate Hellion army supplement (or someone better finally giving me my Reaver army......)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dex in the late fall   Thu Jun 05 2014, 10:59

@Squidmaster wrote:
Based on trends I really wouldn;t be shocked at all by a supplement, but I'm really not fussed if its Haemonculi. I'd much rather it be Cults, or at least the Baron in a separate Hellion army supplement (or someone better finally giving me my Reaver army......)

I would love wych suppl. But if we get one - it`s obviosly will be Haemi, or some Kabal.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down

New Dex in the late fall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: