HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 23:10

@Dragontree wrote:
Maybe pain tokens will grant you the power of the ingested souls and act as mastery levels for each token

I really, really hope not. If I wanted to play psychic Eldar I'd use my CWE, but for lots of poisoned sadism I pick my DE.

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 23:40

@Cavash wrote:
@Dragontree wrote:
Maybe pain tokens will grant you the power of the ingested souls and act as mastery levels for each token

I really, really hope not. If I wanted to play psychic Eldar I'd use my CWE, but for lots of poisoned sadism I pick my DE.

It makes sense to me fluff wise, using the souls of other creatures to sustain yourself from slannesh i.e. a psychic being, wouldn't make dark eldar psychic just able to utilise other life forces to defend themselves from pyschic creatures
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Fri May 09 2014, 08:18

[quote="Dragontree"]
@Cavash wrote:
It makes sense to me fluff wise, using the souls of other creatures to sustain yourself from slannesh i.e. a psychic being, wouldn't make dark eldar psychic just able to utilise other life forces to defend themselves from pyschic creatures

It doesn't make sense, using souls to obtain psychic powers, since these powers are like a signal fire for Slaneesh.
Using them to get a partial immunity should be possible though...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Fri May 09 2014, 08:46

I didn't say they got psychic powers.... Just a means to combat psychic powers

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Fri May 09 2014, 12:30

Moving this to DE General to allow the existing thread in News and Rumours to serve as a 7th edition rumour thread.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Fri May 09 2014, 13:19

@Dragontree wrote:

Sorry, my fault...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Fri May 09 2014, 13:27

@Zenotaph wrote:
@Dragontree wrote:

Sorry, my fault...

No worries!

I just enjoy the idea of a psychic bolt flying towards an Archon and the Archon pulling a soul out of hip flask captured from the previously butchered terminator captain that creates a shield from the psychic energy...

We shall see anyway
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 14 2014, 21:40

@DarkCycu wrote:
DE are still psychically potent sub-race, 'cuz we're Eldar, but to use psychic power in the Dark City is no more, no less than inviting Death, She who thirsts, into our asyllum, place where DE are "free" to act and live, and the place where Eldar survived the fall. That's why using psychic powers is forbidden and we have no psychers, yet some can foresee future.

I've wondered about this, and forgive me if it's in the wrong place but why exactly don't we have Psykers? Aren't all eldar suppose to be at least a little psychic? One more blatant 'screw you' to our army from GW or is there an actual fluff reason disguising it?
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 14 2014, 22:51

There is fluff reasons. Dark Eldar psychic abilities has atrophied. Also Vect says no
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 14 2014, 23:43

Ah Vect. Convenient that.

A short but self indulgent and unhelpful critique of the pitiful "logic" offered as the reason for this slight to our people follows:

Am I missing something? Am I thinking in error that that Psychic and psyker are the same? 
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 02:13

Actually in the recent books, some Deldar actually do dabble with their inherent powers but there are very terrible and horrible consequences that happen to them for doing so. Plus as it was stated above Vect says no and most have trained and/or forgotten about the said powers, so it actually does make sense.... Or you could just say that their pure "Force of Will" denied the power, matrix style.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 04:56

I like that we don't have psyker. Unlike other flavors of eldar we have no protection from slaneesh. Any use of psychic ability might get his/her attention and unlike the craft worlds we don't have a path system to teach us how to maintain the control necessary to keep them under control. A dark eldar psyker would quickly draw the attention of deamons with dire consequences for him, and maybe all of Commaragh. The ban on them is like the only rule in Commaragh, which highlights how big of a threat they are.

I think it would be cool if we had a better resistance because dark eldar have had to turn their powers inward to hide from slaanesh.
Back to top Go down
valmir
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 06:14

I'd like there to be some kind of synapse-like mechanic, perhaps tied to some coven units, that gives a bonus to deny the witch.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 07:02

@valmir wrote:
I'd like there to be some kind of synapse-like mechanic, perhaps tied to some coven units, that gives a bonus to deny the witch.

Or there will be some new toys for haemunculi, to deal with psykers (like crucible of malediction; hope it will be far greater now)

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 08:48

Hmm, a new edition is coming along and we get rumours of a new Dark Eldar Unit called "Bane". It's not that much of a stretch to guess what it would be the bane of.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 13:21

Never thought of it like that Mandor, I'm really digging that vew of it.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 13:29

I'm not too worried. If psykers become the be-all and end-all we always have the crucible of malediction to fall back on. Any psyker in the game has AT BEST a 50/50 shot of surviving the crucible...

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 13:37

Hey, splinterfire works on psykers as well, as on all the others...  Twisted Evil

HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 16:16

@Mandor wrote:
Hmm, a new edition is coming along and we get rumours of a new Dark Eldar Unit called "Bane". It's not that much of a stretch to guess what it would be the bane of.

The rumours called it a "Bane-like" unit, as in it resembles Bane from Batman:

Which is really no different from Groteques.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 18:49

A little bit of math, please correct me if I am wrong (without the D6 variable):

Well. 1750 pt army can have what? 35 jetbike warlocks? That is 35 Warp Charges, which is 17.5 "successes" with casting. Provided you can use only ML+1 dice for an casting attempt, we are looking at a quite low return for the investment. They cannot even attempt to turn themselves into Bloodthirsters or such. With The bikes having only shuricats for shooting and the rest has to be done by spells, I dont think this tactic will have any real use.

As for Farseers, that might be more interesting. More charges overall and ability to throw 4 dice to one spell. The tradeoff for greater daemon is still good, but the chance of getting 3 successes on 4 dice isnt great.

And lastly. I think this is actually a biiiiig nerf to magic. With only what? 3 armies? who have ML4 psykers, the powerful spells are pretty difficult to cast... And relatively easy to dispel. According to the rumours you need to nullify just enough successes from the casting attempt for the spell not to meet the casting cost and its gone... A ML4 psyker 5-dicing a WC3 spell has actually quite small chance of success...
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 19:13

@aurynn wrote:
A little bit of math, please correct me if I am wrong (without the D6 variable):

Well. 1750 pt army can have what? 35 jetbike warlocks?

35 warlocks? How are you doing that? Codex dictates 1-10...

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 19:16

Unbound armies. No limit on anything.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 19:20

I see. But that means, you don't have the options of special commands, when you play unbound.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 19:24

That's a weird-looking thing.

I don't think spells will be that easy to dispel. As I understood it, you need 4+'s to cast spells but you need 6+'s to cancel successes. So if an eldar sightseer rolls 5 dice and gets 3 successes, you would need to roll three sixes to deny his witch. Which is fine, because otherwise the sightseer would be pretty lame.

@Panic_Puppet wrote:
I'm not too worried. If psykers become the be-all and end-all we always have the crucible of malediction to fall back on. Any psyker in the game has AT BEST a 50/50 shot of surviving the crucible...

Because... they either survive, or they don't, so it's fifty-fifty?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 15 2014, 19:26

An Eldar tourist? That's a new one for me. Suspect 

New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: