HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:01

I'm sure most of you has seen the leaked WD and in the new edition they are migrating/updating the magic phase from Fantasy into 40K.

It introduces a Psycher Phase with warp charge pool. Psycher levels of course gets more tokens to add to this pool. These tokens are used to cast psychic abilities or stop them dead in their tracks.

Now how will Dark Eldar match up? Will we get a pool? Will the pool come with enough charges to stop some things? Or maybe will the Dark Eldar get some Relic/Arcane items to help us out in the new phase (of course this means a new codex).

Anyone have any hopes?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:06

No, as we do not have a psykers. Dark Eldar will get nothing, bar their only defense - kill whats trying to kill you before it.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:11

We simply don't know what will happen until we get the new book. We may get improved defence, nothing at all or something new entirely

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:12

From the information that's available every player gets 1d6 warp charges plus 1 per mastery level in his army. These charges are used to power psychic abilities or to deny them. As all existing codexes are apparently going to be legal under the new rules I would guess that Deny the Witch will basically remain the same but that you could perhaps use charges to boost your roll, making it more likely to resist the effects of psychic powers. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't get the basic 1d6 charges and obviously we would have nothing to spend them on other than DtW.

Certain armies will have a large advantage here due to having large numbers of psykers. Seer Councils are the one that immediately springs to mind but also Grey Knights, Tzeentch daemons and Thousand Sons armies.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:30

What I wonder about is whether or not it will be the same as fantasy and the 'warp charge' pool is shared. Fantasy is 2d6 for the casting player, with the dispelling player getting the highest individual d6; in all but a few extremely rare cases, this means the caster has more dice. Would this be 1d6 and we both get that amount, or would each side be their own specific d6? Or is it just the casting player that gets their d6?

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:46

I haven't played fantasy but wouldn't that mean an army like, say grey knights, will generate like 20 warp charges, meaning an army like ours doesn't even get the ability to deny the witch if they spend enough charges?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:49

That's my fear Expletive. There has to be a balance or our army/Tau will get left in the dust.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 16:54

@Expletive Deleted wrote:
I haven't played fantasy but wouldn't that mean an army like, say grey knights, will generate like 20 warp charges, meaning an army like ours doesn't even get the ability to deny the witch if they spend enough charges?

I'd assume that units with Brotherhood of Psykers rule only generate 1 warp charge per unit, not per model. They still have an advantage but not as much as you might fear.

Seer Councils are what really worry me as a typical unit would have somewhere in the region of 14 mastery levels!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 17:09

Maybe we'll see a few more Lady Malys being used? She doesn't fit that well with any of the 'deathstar' units I can think of though...
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 17:12

Quote :
Seer Councils are what really worry me as a typical unit would have somewhere in the region of 14 mastery levels!

Well, its a Seer Council...How did you get 14?

Its 1D6 + Charges for psykers. Pool is shared.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Tue May 06 2014, 21:43

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :

Well, its a Seer Council...How did you get 14?

2 Farseers (3) and 8 Warlocks (1) = 14 mastery levels.

Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 04:41

I really like the idea of this phase. Keeps all the crazy stuff together so its done properly. It also sounds like there are a lot of tactical and risk/reward decisions to be made. I'm SUPER curious as to the perils table and how that will work!

With DE not having psykers though I fear for how we will fair...like I said depends on that table.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 04:57

@Cavash wrote:
We simply don't know what will happen until we get the new book. We may get improved defence, nothing at all or something new entirely

We know exactly Nothing for certain....

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 19:24

Well, technically we have no psychers. But, and that is fluff, we evolved, or degenerated, from a whole race of them.
So, if someone knows, how to deal with them, it is us. We cage them, we put them in a little flask, then spray 'em, when needed.
I don't see us with no anti-psycher abillity. Rules and Gameplay could be adapted. Give us a pool for warppoints.
Let us buy, well, sort of voodoo-puppets, or that sort of magic. I can imagine a haemi whith that kind of toy...

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 20:12

Arguably Lady Malys is one of the best psycher defences in the game. Complete invulnerability from psychic powers? Yes please...
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 20:57

@Zenotaph wrote:
Well, technically we have no psychers. But, and that is fluff, we evolved, or degenerated, from a whole race of them.
So, if someone knows, how to deal with them, it is us. We cage them, we put them in a little flask, then spray 'em, when needed.
I don't see us with no anti-psycher abillity. Rules and Gameplay could be adapted. Give us a pool for warppoints.
Let us buy, well, sort of voodoo-puppets, or that sort of magic. I can imagine a haemi whith that kind of toy...

The whole idea that DE don't have pschers or "degenerated" from the races pscyhe race has always bothered me a little.

The race continue to exist because it literally consumes the emotions of other people. That sounds pretty psychic to me. Its this consumption that pretty much replicates a fountain of youth effect and allows for the dead to come back to life. Its more like a "native biomancy" (for want of a better term; i.e., "native" because it does not rely on the powers of the Warp to draw upon.)

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 22:08

We will match just fine... by taking 10 unbound farseers to compete with the other now mandatory psykers in the lame ass psycher phase copy pasted from the oh so successful WHF core rules. /sarcasm

Dont mind me Im just feeling old and out of touch with this game lately. Think Im gonna move on now.
Back to top Go down
DarkCycu
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Wed May 07 2014, 23:08

DE are still psychically potent sub-race, 'cuz we're Eldar, but to use psychic power in the Dark City is no more, no less than inviting Death, She who thirsts, into our asyllum, place where DE are "free" to act and live, and the place where Eldar survived the fall. That's why using psychic powers is forbidden and we have no psychers, yet some can foresee future.

I agree, that we should have more anti-psycher toys, crucible of malediction is not competitive at all, but still, the best way to be sure that psycher is no longer a threat is to have his/her shrunken head in a bottle. Smile
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 01:38

@darkcycu: what your saying makes sense in light of the daemonology stuff that's floating around.

Use of psychic power by DE is against vect's law. Which means they have the capability, it's just suppressed. Maybe an archon or similar could roll to see if he summons a few daemons to help out.

Kind of like how the path of books had a couple archons get together and caused the dysjunction.

Hmm.. Food for thought

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 03:46

I think the major problem from a fluff standpoint is that, if an archon went on a raid and suddenly started unleashing daemons and/or psychic powers, he would be greeted on his return to Commorragh with Vect's less than favorable attention.

On the other hand, I think most archons and especially haemonculi (due to the nature of their constant pushing the bar) would have in their arsenal ways to counter psykers or warp related garbage to keep it out of commorragh and their kabals/covens. I think I stated it in another post, to look at the dwarves for inspiration in this regard. Unfortunately I think it will be tough cookies until we receive our new codex, unless the new rulebook explicitly states some special rules for different factions.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 14:34

A 5+ deny the witch would be more interesting, guess that could be applied to necrons as well.

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 14:45

@Grub wrote:
A 5+ deny the witch would be more interesting, guess that could be applied to necrons as well.

But then you have to wonder why we have a better chance to 'save' against a psychic attack than we do against most physical attacks (which generally ignore our armour completely).

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 21:44

Hm, mind over body, perhaps?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 22:12

Well they survived the fall because of the webway. Something like an intimate connection to the webway, some kind of arcane item like eldar soulstones that protect them? General dissociation with the warp? Or that over generations of not using there psychic abilities they have generated an immunity? I don't know, I'm not to hot on the lore.
It would be nice to see considering how powerful some psychic stuff is and how some armies don't have any? Perhaps.

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   Thu May 08 2014, 22:37

Maybe pain tokens will grant you the power of the ingested souls and act as mastery levels for each token

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up   

Back to top Go down

New Psycher Phase - How will Dark Eldar match up
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion