Share | 

6th Edition being pulled?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   02.05.14 0:14

It might get included.  It is kinda a clever gimmick to sell more models... least it would have been "clever" gimmick if it was not been ripped off from another game.  

What rules people will play and not though is a little too unpredictable.  Take the Los Vegas Open ("LVO") for instance.  Prior to the tournament, the players overwhelmingly disapproved of the use of data slates, formations and lords of a war.   However the exit poll for LVO showed that the majority of the players would like for the next years event to include these things.  

Further, I suspect a number of organizers would welcome sideboards as a means of allowing players to police cheese lists by having sideboards.  It would nice not to have to take a crucible of malediction because just because of the off chance of being paired against a heavy psycher list like the warseer-death star.  Plus sideboards would allow greater use of some units which otherwise would be seen as not general enough/versatile enough for a regular all comers list.  

I mean come on, everybody wants a dissy ravager in a sideboard. right? Razz 

(Biting my tongue was painful.... so I stopped.)
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   02.05.14 1:08

LVO... Exit poll? I mean come now. if 100% of them answered it maybe but other exit polls point the exact opposite directions. We had two events in the northwest do exit polls on not shockingly, the people who used the stuff voted for it, the ones who didn't voted against. In other words, the exit poll didn't matter. People are alreadfy segregating themselves into the pools of thought on this and no exit poll is going to convince the actual players whove EXPERIENCED play with these things that the opposite is true.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   02.05.14 9:22

Also the LVO exit poll was basically a more refined version of the poll they carried out prior to the tournament. So for example, prior to the event they asked if people wanted to use dataslates and got a resounding no. After the event they asked if people would want to use certain specific dataslates, such as Cypher or Be'Lakor, and got a more positive response.

In any event, polls should rarely be taken at face value as a good pollster can get the exact result he wants simply by posing the questions in the right way. As shown in this excellent clip from the classic Yes Prime Minister.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   02.05.14 20:38

Quote :
EDIT: Though 40% troops seems a little high. I know chaos space marines will not like that amount. Most space marines probably. 800 points in troops is a lot.

Space Marines do love their BIkes as troops.

And CSM would probably need to buy something, other then Helldrake. More Plague Marines.

Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   03.05.14 4:10

The good CSM players in my meta run lots and lots of cultists so I think the 40% thing wouldn't even be hard for them.

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   03.05.14 16:37

@Kung Fu Hamster wrote:
@ligolski wrote:
In other news, we have a rumor about sideboards being in:
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/05/major-changes-to-40k-coming-sideboards.html

Pretty crazy stuff and seems to be a nod towards the competitive crowd.  If true this will certainly be a massive change along with percentages.

Why do people still believe Naftka at all? He just takes whatever crap people send him and throws it on his site as "news".

First, I said rumor...second, naftka also says 'rumor'

No ne is saying this is 100% true, just something floating out there. Something interesting to discuss that is all.

As for it being a very MTG thing, it is but it also takes a page from the Warmachine book as well. In tournies they are allowed to bring multiple lists, though you HAVE to play with each list you bring at least once. I've played where 2 lists were allowed...i don't know if there are more allowed in other formats.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   05.05.14 22:40

The GW guy at my local GW store referred to the release as 7th not 6.5. Granted I don't know how much in the know the guy is.

Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   05.05.14 23:05

I'll just leave this here...

*Deleted*

Please do not post images of extracts from White Dwarf as it violates their IP. Cheers - Cavash
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   05.05.14 23:12

It's 7th ed
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   06.05.14 16:08

I dont like it one bit. Probably this Unbound stuff will get ignored around the globe.

Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   06.05.14 16:32

Unbound sounds great! I can finally run my:

1x Haemonculus
3x Wracks
3x Wracks
3x Wracks
3x Wracks
3x Wracks
3x Wracks
16x Ravager

List.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   06.05.14 18:05

I doubt it. I wonder if any attempt was made to restrain some of cheese which "unbound" can result in. Well if there is anything it would be in the new tactical objective cards..... but I would utterly hate wining by luck of the draw while my own army was being decimated by the rank smell of sun ripened Limburger.
Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   06.05.14 19:32

Pictures of the upcoming WD, clarifying some of the rumors:

*deleted*

Please do not post content of WD as it violates GW IP. Cheers - Cavash
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   07.05.14 1:33

I feel bad for my local hobby store owner, he has absolutely no idea about the upcoming change. He really thought I was joking with him when I told him.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   14.05.14 15:46

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 10:23

@Azdrubael wrote:
I dont like it one bit. Probably this Unbound stuff will get ignored around the globe.

The thing is, people already play Unbound armies. We're looking at it exclusively from a competitive standpoint, whereas there are lots of people (younger players mostly) who just put all their stuff on the table and go nuts with it. My friends and I did that for practically every game when we were younger, then craved more balanced and fair games. Every time I go to Warhammer World, I see kids with all the relevant rules who still plonk whatever they like down on the table and just play with that.

The option to take an Unbound army is simply GW pointing out to players that there is nobody standing next to the gaming table with a gun to your head forcing you to stick to the force organisation chart. Tournaments will most likely say "Battle Forged lists only," that much is obvious, because with the option to take whatever you like a tournament would be meaningless. Presumably their hope is to sell more Wraithknights, Riptides and the like to those players who would otherwise feel they couldn't field them without buying the relevant compulsory units.

I'm quite excited to see 7th edition myself. It seems like they're trying to be sympathetic to all player groups. And if the three book rumour turns out to be true (and they maybe sell them separately/people stick the one you actually want on ebay), there could even be a lower barrier to entry, and we could see more people getting involved. There are a lot of people who must be put off when they go into the shop, have a trial game and decide what army they like, only to be told just the books to be able to use them will cost them £75, before they've even bought their first model  pale 

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 10:28

@Mr Believer wrote:
My friends and I did that for practically every game when we were younger, then craved more balanced and fair games.

It's just more fun, that way. When the game is balanced, the better tactician wins.
Or, in our case, our overlucker, who just rolls 1 and 2, when it comes to morale...  confused 

Beating A Different Drummer

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 21:26

Unbound is dumb. But despite that the fact that Unbound armies can never contest with ANYTHINg is huge.

I don't know if it will be enough to counterbalance the ridiculum that will be Unbound lists though. time will tell on that end.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 21:32

@Unorthodoxy wrote:
Unbound is dumb.  But despite that the fact that Unbound armies can never contest with ANYTHINg is huge.

I don't know if it will be enough to counterbalance the ridiculum that will be Unbound lists though.  time will tell on that end.

Apparently, you need your opponent's consent as well. So basically you'll have the "little kiddies" who want to play with all their toys at once, versus the "serious players" who like a balanced game. Extreme stereotyping intended. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 22:18

[quote="Mr Believer"]
@Azdrubael wrote:
if the three book rumour turns out to be true 

It is... there have been pictures leaked. TBH I think GW may well have missed a trick on this one. Set of 3 sets you back £50 in a slip case. Had they put all 3 on sale separately for the cost of a codex each, people would be able to only get what they want and they'd make more money any time someone buys two. As it stands, players are likely to start selling the 2 they don't want on ebay.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 22:48

But won't there be an excess of the catalogues model and  comics background books, and no rulebooks?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 23:07

@Panic_Puppet wrote:
@Mr Believer wrote:
@Azdrubael wrote:

It is... there have been pictures leaked. TBH I think GW may well have missed a trick on this one. Set of 3 sets you back £50 in a slip case. Had they put all 3 on sale separately for the cost of a codex each, people would be able to only get what they want and they'd make more money any time someone buys two. As it stands, players are likely to start selling the 2 they don't want on ebay.

Not really following that logic. If they release them separately they will sell shedloads of the rules and hardly any of the background and hobby books. By forcing us to buy all 3 they will sell almost as many copies of the rules plus the same number of copies of the background and hobby stuff.

Not to me of course. I will do my usual and buy the mini rulebook off ebay.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   15.05.14 23:14

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Panic_Puppet wrote:
@Mr Believer wrote:
@Azdrubael wrote:

Not really following that logic. If they release them separately they will sell shedloads of the rules and hardly any of the background and hobby books. By forcing us to buy all 3 they will sell almost as many copies of the rules plus the same number of copies of the background and hobby stuff.

Not to me of course. I will do my usual and buy the mini rulebook off ebay.

Therein lies the rub. Because people object to paying so much for the rulebook, more people flock to get it from elsewhere and other means. Additionally, the fluff and hobby books could easily be made webstore exclusive. They make less from just sales of the rulebook, but will make more from people buying fluff/hobby books separately, regain the market that flocks to buy the mini-book secondhand, and can cut down on costs as they don't need to produce equal amounts of all 3.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   16.05.14 12:15

@Panic_Puppet wrote:

In terms of price, that's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. If they weren't so ridiculously secretive I could find out whether I should spend £50 now or £90 in a month or so to get the starter set. Like many people, I won't buy the starter set if neither army in it is one I collect. If they could be a bit more open about that kind of thing, they could get double what I was going to spend off me just by telling me that I'll have shiny new stuff with new rules soon. But as they're content to just pretend that huge chunks of the internet don't exist, and that they are the first people to break news of upcoming releases, I guess I'll just have to take my chances and buy the normal book(s). Then pick up the ork models on ebay. They really don't think this through, do they?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition being pulled?   16.05.14 19:55

7th edition is now available for pre-order. I snagged the 3-book set & some objective and psychic cards (for my Eldar and CSM armies).
Back to top Go down

6th Edition being pulled?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: