HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Dark Eldar Fan Codices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barking Agatha
Wych

PostSubject: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Sat Apr 05 2014, 20:11

I was kind of hoping to get more discussion about the Fan Codices that we've made, so I thought I'd put them all here in one place.

This is mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pw1i76ni5ggz19/Barking%20Agatha%27s%20Fancodex%20DE.pdf

Humnhapymeal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmxd9wo32k6atim/Dark%20eldar%20codex%20V2.0.pdf

Animus12: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28953002/DE_6th_Fandex_v2.pdf

Tounguekutter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NtJRkxDVi6KIEfYW70gKpPlcDA9cdgsqlP7-JdEG6yI/edit?usp=sharing

And here is a picture of the two special characters from mine, Whiteface and Rednose, to hopefully pique your interest!

Last edited by Barking Agatha on Sat Aug 09 2014, 02:42; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Animus12
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Wed Apr 16 2014, 09:55

I'm very glad you put all the codices together, and those models look really good. That said, I like the flavor of your codex the most (still biased towards mine, of course).

If you don't mind, I'd like to post Version 2 of my codex here. It is very much a blending of many ideas from the other thread, hopefully with a decent amount of balance thrown in. I wanted to include some fortifications and Apoc stuff, but the file was big enough already.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28953002/DE_6th_Fandex_v2.pdf
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Wed Apr 16 2014, 18:22

I've changed the link above to the new version Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Thu Apr 17 2014, 12:29

Agatha, your codex has given me stuff I've wanted for ages! My army would be full of Disintegrator Trueborn and waves of Incubi.

Haven't got round to reading the others yet, but I'll take a look soon.

Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Thu Apr 17 2014, 20:38

Cavash wrote:
Agatha, your codex has given me stuff I've wanted for ages! My army would be full of Disintegrator Trueborn and waves of Incubi.

Haven't got round to reading the others yet, but I'll take a look soon.

And Drazhar as warlord, to make Incubi Troops? Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Thu Apr 17 2014, 20:40

Indeed! I do love Drazhar. Only used him a couple of times, but he always proves to be a barrel full of fun.

Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Thu Apr 17 2014, 21:51

I'd be torn between Whiteface and Red Nose, or a succubus wearing lethal glamour.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Thu Apr 17 2014, 22:53

Wow, these are some really flavourful updates to our codex! I'll try them out for a few games, I really like the feel they have.

Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Apr 18 2014, 02:36

I would like to state that i have change alot about my codex and it is fully play tested. So as a fully Humnhapymeal endorsed product i humbly present to you

Humnhapymeal's dark eldar codex version 2.0,
Humnhapymeal's Dark eldar homebrew

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Apr 18 2014, 03:19

I skimmed through Hmnhapymeal's and Animus12's, I'll look at them in more detail later, but I like Humnhapymeal's giving pain tokens a bonus after acquiring three, it would give the parasite engine more of a purpose.

Also I like Animus12's homage to our dark relatives in fantasy, effectively allowing our units to ride cold ones. Makes me think of the scene in the star wars christmas special where you see Boba Fett riding a dinosaur.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Apr 18 2014, 04:44

Humnhapymeal wrote:
I would like to state that i have change alot about my codex and it is fully play tested. So as a fully Humnhapymeal endorsed product i humbly present to you

Humnhapymeal's dark eldar codex version 2.0,
Humnhapymeal's Dark eldar homebrew

I've changed the link above too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Mon May 05 2014, 17:28

@Barking Agatha I was wondering if i could steal your idea for Wych performing styles for my codex they are brilliant and should be everywere possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Tue May 06 2014, 05:54

Of course! Please use anything you like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Sat Aug 09 2014, 03:20

Thanks for including my codex in your post Barking Agatha!  Just to let everyone know I have completely updated my previous codex and the link is in my signature. Feel free to check out my old work though, but I'd prefer questions directed about V.3 (not that I've been getting any questions recently about my old work Laughing )

I love 8th edition, and I love Dark Eldar in 8th, but I still can't wait for fluffy Kabal rules to drop in our dex.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex for 7th (and I'm taking ideas for a Blood Angels chapter trait to fan-rule in while my girlfriend and I wait for a full codex), and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k squat army codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.

Last edited by Tounguekutter on Sat Feb 04 2017, 02:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:55

Stickied this thread for the variety of user-made content

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Aug 15 2014, 14:56

I recently played a casual game with a friend using my fandex. He had 1950 pts. of Blood Angels in an all-Death Company army (supported by Vehicles, Mephiston, etc.) and I had 1500 points from my Dark Eldar fan codex (the Version in the first post of this thread). I tabled him on turn 5, with more than 75% of my force still alive. I wasn't sure if I had just played very well, or if as a whole my codex was just far too overpowered (I assumed it was the latter). So I have made an alternative "mini fan codex." A fan codex with minimal changes to the current codex. It would be easier to play with and hopefully isn't too overpowered. Here it is in the link below (although it is also in my signature).

"Mini" Fan Codex

I love 8th edition, and I love Dark Eldar in 8th, but I still can't wait for fluffy Kabal rules to drop in our dex.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex for 7th (and I'm taking ideas for a Blood Angels chapter trait to fan-rule in while my girlfriend and I wait for a full codex), and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k squat army codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Aug 15 2014, 19:05

I haven't read the codex yet. But... those two Named HQS you made look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Aug 15 2014, 19:17

Tounguekutter wrote:
I recently played a casual game with a friend using my fandex.  He had 1950 pts. of Blood Angels in an all-Death Company army (supported by Vehicles, Mephiston, etc.) and I had 1500 points from my Dark Eldar fan codex (the Version in the first post of this thread).  I tabled him on turn 5, with more than 75% of my force still alive.  I wasn't sure if I had just played very well, or if as a whole my codex was just far too overpowered (I assumed it was the latter).  So I have made an alternative "mini fan codex."  A fan codex with minimal changes to the current codex.  It would be easier to play with and hopefully isn't too overpowered.  Here it is in the link below (although it is also in my signature).

"Mini" Fan Codex

Hi man i tried to download your mini fandex but it requires authorization...
Back to top Go down
CheeZe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Fri Aug 15 2014, 23:37

The link to happymeal's codex is a 404.

Also, I can't find points cost for Shredder Cannon and Disintegrator in Agatha's Codex.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Sat Aug 16 2014, 01:52

My apologies Rixec, I will authorize as necessary.

Alright, now you should be able to access it. If not, please let me know. I hope you like it!

Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Sat Aug 16 2014, 10:26

Thanks now it's accessible Smile
Back to top Go down
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Sat Sep 20 2014, 04:05

Humnhapymeal's Dropbox link doesn't seem to be working
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Fan Codices   Tue May 31 2016, 04:19

Hello denizens! I'm hoping this doesn't qualify as threadomancy, and that it counts as a truly worthwhile update, but I just completed the rules portion of my version 3 dark Eldar codex, as you can see by my signature. It's definitely not perfect (I didn't have an editor or even someone else to bounce ideas off of) and I've noticed a minor error all ready (it should read "Blanket of Emptiness") but I hope you get something out of it! Please let me know if you have any C&C or problems accessing it. :-)

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Fan Codices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: