Share | 

Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Feb 23 2014, 23:56

To motivate myself to get the whole army painted, I've decided to start up a log of work starting from the first model. Going to update weekly, to show my progress! Hopefully I'll have around 2000 painted in the next few months!

The name of my Kabal did come from the Magic Card "Gifts Ungiven" it just seemed to have a good ring to it so I ported it over!

Any criticizm or reccomendations is much appreciated.

I appologize if the picture quality isnt the best, I tried to make it look as good as I can!

First up Warriors:
Decided to start with some warriors to practice my paint scheme and get some ideas, I've settled on a scheme I like alot, I don't have the right paint colors to do skin tone yet (will probably pick it up this week) so the splinter cannon warrior head is still just primed and waiting!  None of them are based yet because I'm waiting for some resin bases I ordered to arrive in the mail, going to be a tomb world theme base. I'm not satisfied w/ the eyes, so I'll probably go back and redo them.. I was kinda hastey at the time.

First 5:

Second 5:

Backside:

Last edited by Tittliewinks22 on Tue Oct 21 2014, 02:12; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Feb 24 2014, 00:02

Amazing, love the dark armor with the bright orange, it gives it a model that is very fun and hard to not look at.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Feb 24 2014, 00:03

These are looking really nice. I really like the smooth blend from the yellow to the orange. What about having the eyes the same as the yellow you've done? It would create a very uniform spot colour for the scheme.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these guys.

Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Feb 24 2014, 00:04

Second up: Raider!

This was an extremely fun model to build, everything is magnetized. (Sail, all 5 crew, disenigrator/dark lance, centerpiece that the sail sits on).

I didn't want to make the majority of the model metallic so I decided to go w/ a dark purple theme to offset the metallic purple armor of the crew. The entire underside is metallic purple!  I used an alphabet I found on the internet to put the symbols on the sail/banner. The first symbol that looks like a "T" is the letter G, and the other symbol that looks like a "J" with a dot is the letter U... hence Gifts Ungiven!

This was my first time ever doing some freehand work so it's not the greatest!

Here she is, Raider #1:
Port side:

Starboard side:

Last edited by Tittliewinks22 on Mon Apr 14 2014, 03:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Feb 24 2014, 00:11

@Nullus: I was thinking of doing that to the eyes, I just need to steady my hand... I got a little bit of the shakes which is what makes these freehand things difficult for me! I'll post some pics next week of the eyes done up w/ a orange/yellow fade... it should look good!!!

Last part completed this week~ 3 Reaver Jetbikes!

This was a little more difficult to complete the freehand runes on, much smaller area to play with, again the lead bike has fully magnetized options/weapons which are all painted up.
After looking at these under light I think I'm going to re-highlight the runes on the bikes to make them brighter... also I noticed I forgot to do the tubing on the left shoulder of the riders!!!! So they aren't technically done yet!

Reaver Jetbikes:

Other angle:

Last edited by Tittliewinks22 on Mon Apr 14 2014, 03:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Tue Mar 04 2014, 04:04

Got 10 Wych, 1 Venom, and 5 hellions done this week, camera battery is dead, I'll get pics up tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Mar 10 2014, 01:26

not bad at all

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Thu Apr 03 2014, 18:36

Sorry I've been off the forums the past couple days, Here's an update for what I have finished so far!

And here's whats on the paint desk ready to be finished up!!!
Back to top Go down
Naysayer_5000
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Thu Apr 03 2014, 18:43

Flaming other users is expressly forbidden by the rules of The Dark City. - Baron T
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Fri Apr 11 2014, 10:14

Excellent name for your Kabal. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Fri Apr 11 2014, 18:28

This is a beautiful looking army TW, the blending is very nicely done as Nullus noted and your runes are excellent. Great job, especially the freehand considering that you have the shakes a bit.

And a Tantalus still to come, very jealous. The base for it looks interesting, what is it?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sat Apr 12 2014, 00:26

@Gobsmakked wrote:
This is a beautiful looking army TW, the blending is very nicely done as Nullus noted and your runes are excellent.  Great job, especially the freehand considering that you have the shakes a bit.

And a Tantalus still to come, very jealous.  The base for it looks interesting, what is it?

Cheers.

Thanks for the complements :)All the bases for the army are tomb bases from DarkArtsMinatures.com

The Tantalus is just a tomb world flying base with a 1/2" x 1/16" magnet on top of the pillar. Here's some photos of the base and how I mount it.

Magnet on the bottom of Tantalus:

Magnet on top of pillar:

Front view of Tantalus sitting on base:

This week I've finished the 3 jet bikes, 2nd raider and my Archon. Here's some pics of Archon Jay'ski... (name is an inside joke among my playgroup):

Front:

Back:

Got a large shipment of models in today because I was almost out of stuff to build/paint.
This weekend painting goals: Talos/Chronos, 10 Warriors. Build 5 more hellions.

Any criticism is much appreciated, always looking for ways to improve, Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Apr 14 2014, 03:12

Didn't get to the warriors this weekend, but I got my Talos/Chronos and a few Grotesques done.

Here's the Grotesque's, I got them for very cheap from ebay and had to strip paint. I lost a little detail due to the paint stripping process, but for the price I can't really complain. These were my first Coven creations and I've decided to do a red wash before highlighting skin to make them stand apart from the rest of the army.

Here's a few pictures of my Talos/Chronos. The model is fully magnetized for all weapon options/arms and interchangable.
Talos:

Chronos:

Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 02:24

Tantalus done!!!! Here's a few photos!!

Going to take a short break to work on my friends Maurader Destroyer for an upcoming apocalypse game! I'll get more pics and stuff up in a bit!!!

Back to top Go down
Naysayer_5000
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 02:30

Comment deleted for trolling.
-ESE

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 07:06

Not gonna lie, that is one sweet centerpiece. I have total Tantalus Envy Twisted Evil 

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 07:26

I like the metallic highlights on your warriors' and archon's armor.

About the freehands, did you put them directly on the model or did you test/practice them on another surface or whatever first?
If not, i've read somewhere that helps and that's what i'm gonna do.
Maybe on some plastic packaging like that in which the Archon comes in.

Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 08:32

@Marrath-

All the orange runes I just go and hope they look good. I kinda feel they should look more chaotic and unorganized.
All the symbols on the sails I practice a few times to get right. So far I haven't had to redo any sails.

Its hard to see in the picture but the Tantalus sail was my first time using an airbrush. Its a three tone red. I plan to try more complex designs in the future.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 21:41

How hard did you find working with an airbrush for the first time?

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun Apr 27 2014, 23:34

My favourite touch (out of many great ones) is the rusty look on the rear blades. Looks perfect to me. How did you achieve that?

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Apr 28 2014, 04:43

@Thor - it wasn't that bad. But then again I wasn't doing anythingtoo difficult! II'm going to try more in the future.

@Dragontree - Its not actually rust! I base coat the whole blade leadbelcher, then I wash it with crimson red, next is a brush of iron breaker about 3/4 of the way up the blade, then I do an ever so slight dry brush of runefang steel which adds the powdery look. Every blade in the at is done this way, both on vehicles and hand weapons.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Apr 28 2014, 09:17

Well it looks fantastic! If you ever feel like doing a step by step guide I would fall to my knees in gratitude! I've always struggled with making blades and the like look better than mediocre and your's do look sterling.

Look forward to seeing more of everything

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Mon Apr 28 2014, 12:46

I got some hellions and reavers on my workbench. When I do the reavers I'll put a step by step for the blades.
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun May 04 2014, 22:37

Finished my buddy's Maurader Destroyer. Heres some pics. Since taking these pic's I've gone back and straightened up a few lines that i noticed were done pretty bad. Also the glass is in the cockpit.

Any suggestions on basing this? Smile

And now that this side project is done I can get back to working on my Dark Eldar. Should have some new photos and that step by step up within the next two weeks. Going out of town for a lil sometime soon too.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   Sun May 04 2014, 23:44

Pleased to see I'm not the only one taking liberties with adapting daedric alphabet for the Dark Kin! Good looking models, very nice contrasts. Great effort, I want to see more!

As for the Marauder Bomber, how about some urban ruins with some scattered pieces of broken Chaos vehicle debris? Would certainly get the message across.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Gifts Ungiven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: