HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Superior Webway Portals (Apocalypse style!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Superior Webway Portals (Apocalypse style!)   Sun Jan 26 2014, 14:38

Here's how I'd make em:

Superior Webway Portal (Apocalypse only): 60pts

A model equipped with a Webway Portal may be deployed in 2 different ways. It can be thrown 2D6" once per game in the shooting phase as per throwing a grenade. Alternatively the model carrying the WWP may deploy the webway portal within 2" of itself without the risk of scatter. If the scatter lands on an enemy unit or impassable terrain then move the portal to 1" of its nearest side.

Replace its final location with a large 5" semi-circular template (3" high). This is the permanent location of the webway portal, it cannot be destroyed and counts as impassable terrain. Note that, as throwing the webway portal does not count as firing a weapon, a model may still run D6" before electing to throw or deploy the webway portal.

Any reserves (with the exception of Flyers and Super Heavy units) may arrive and be brought on from the Webway Portal as if it were a board table edge. Units may elect to charge in the assault phase.

The random throwing part keeps the random element up there so your opponent can't second guess where they'll land, vehicles can come out of the webway portal now and units can assault. I hiked the price by 25pts though, I hope that this is a correct offset for the benefits that they'd give.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Superior Webway Portals (Apocalypse style!)   Sun Jan 26 2014, 17:22

I only wish we could have it this way. It generates great threat bubble around itself. And would be perfect delivery system for Taloses, Grots, Wracks and Incubi. Too good maybe...
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Superior Webway Portals (Apocalypse style!)   Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:18

Yeah true, hopefully the random Blast template throw would offset its potency. Do you think that the price needs to be put up or simply downgrade the rules?

Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Superior Webway Portals (Apocalypse style!)   Fri Jan 31 2014, 12:49

Personally, I'd rather see the Webway Portal open as per a Deep Strike.
Based on how DE tend to appear, it makes little sense for them to already need to be there to open their primary portals. I'd therefore prefer it if a portal, like the one you suggested, could be deployed as per a deep striking unit (but still purchased for your list as per older version of Orbital Bombardments in the old Daemonhunters book - maybe taking the Fortifications slot?).
Then perhaps have a piece of wargear that acted like a teleporter homer to make the opening easier to place.

http://www.escelionfilms.com

Superior Webway Portals (Apocalypse style!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: