HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? Empty
PostSubject: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12 2014, 21:54

Is it paved?
Is it smooth?
Cobblestones?
Dark?
Polished?

If you were to describe a 'typical' street of Commorragh (I am fully aware that that is an oxymoron) what would it look like? Some google images as examples would be helpful too.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12 2014, 22:30

I like to think that the most common ground would be a smooth stone of some sort, but there's no such thing as 'typical' in Commorragh.

It would vary from place to place and I like to imagine that in some places, due to messed up physics, there would be no top or bottom of spires, but it would infinitely loop yet percieved in a straight line.

What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12 2014, 23:32

I personally have always liked the image of black/green/purple polished glass that reflects light to confuse or absorbs it for the darkest shadow.

But as Cavash said up could be down and left could be right

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13 2014, 00:35

In my stories I have intentionally used a wide variety of surfaces ranging from metal, to stone, to even dirt or bone. It's billions of hive cities all packed together, it literally has basically whatever one could possibly conceive of...and at least two of them at that.

Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 02:53

I've always pictured intricate and sombre mosaics for places such as Shaa'Dom and high-born districts, often depicting some ancient schism or past glories. Cold, green marble streaked with black and white comes to mind too, for the more "regular" areas. For the lowborn and meat-markets I'd imagine it would anything between some kind of black stone under layers of filth and gore.

This is going off the fact that Commorragh is just a clustering of all the webway ports, so I would imagine it would be very artificial. But given the extents of Eldar technology and supported evidence of the gardens in Malixian's Aeries (Path of the Renegade), I wouldn't think vegetation would go amiss. It would just be fairly rare and sporadic, and hazardous to boot.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10 2014, 01:43

Well Commorragh is a dark place, few sunlight gets in and the suns that give off the sunlight are kinda messed up and the light that passes through is limited too. From what I know and seen so far Commorragh has 2 kind of colors, dark green in the central city and in most of the city probably and at the port it's dark blue. I'm basing this mostly on the artwork. Shaadom might be some other color as it's deamon infested.

As for materials ,pretty much anything even unusual materials. It's described in fluff actually, buildings use pretty much anything, even bone and flesh are used materials, some of the slaves were literally part of the foundations of the buildings. You've got quite a lot of buildings and places described in Path of the incubus and Path of the Renegade, you pretty much come across a lot of different materials, not all per se dark ones, from what I remember the arenas weren't that dark. A palace might be building in some light colors and materials.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 17:43

And to push this discussion in another direction, how would you model it?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 20:17

Is this artistically or with a mind to having models placed on it?

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 20:28

@Sky Serpent wrote:
And to push this discussion in another direction, how would you model it?

...  Suspect 
I smell a new community project!
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22 2014, 00:17

You could base walkways of the decking of the raiders and venoms, although that would be really difficult to make and expensive to butcher a host of vehicles, though you could buy them from bits stores maybe.
Adding a gloss varnish to surfaces could make them seem more like glass. I'm thinking black glass, nice and glossy.
Cut up skeleton models to use as bones, piles and piles of bones strewn everywhere. You could cut up any models really and build terrain out of them, using either existing buildings as base or plasticard as a foundation.

If you want to go extravagant you could model in slaves, other races, holding up parts of the scenery, like a line of Orks chained together and forced to hold up a bridge or something.

I'm just spitballing here.
Back to top Go down
Tobruk Darkflame
Hellion
Tobruk Darkflame

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 07:51

If you had time and patience, and a little skill - you could build up a Glass look using the old GW water effects (or any other brand I expect). put it on in enough layers and you could probably cover some cut up and painted "remains" if you liked.

Would certainly look great! (and yes.... now my mind is turning in that direction as I am trying to think how to do my own bases)

Building up the sides of the bases to contain the "bits" as you cover them could be an issue, or you could probably by warmachine-esque bases that have a raised edge already.

Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2014, 02:08

I envision it as a mixture of perfectly flat black crystals (very large seamless slabs) and high tech darkish metals in the same fashion. With no erosion or wear. where it always looks like a different texture at every different angle. giving it a translucent feel.

To model the crystal you would need to mix a clear apoxy they use for the water with black and swirls of grey to white. and then some how make it flat. I dont know if they make the required material liquid enough to be able to settle into a flat surface? and use tape around the edge to contain it.

the metal would be the same concept except probably with a mix of a gloss and sating varnish to tone down the gloss enough.

Sybarite
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeFri May 02 2014, 11:56

Hm, seems to depend on who is in charge. Haemis might like bone and flesh, while Archons might prefer black marble.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03 2014, 04:35

I think it would be cool, and I'm sure they have the tech, if the haemis were actually able to suspend beings in animation within the floor. So you are walking accross the slow anguish of people destined to spend eternity in the floor, fully aware. You can see them they can see you.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03 2014, 15:19

Look at the Kabalite Warrior box. For me its grey marble like stone, old, and lots of shiny metal surfaces for Kabal Spires.

Oh, and where floor of Commoragh is concerned there should be an abyss somewhere. If i would model Commoragh table there would be pleny of impassable terrain that repesents abyss - here you fall to the rest of commoragh. And fall. And fall. And Scourges flay you.

If you want to depict commoragh you need to convey that vertical feeling, cause there is no actual "ground" there.
Back to top Go down
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:05

Would The be able to take materials out of they webway like we mine nowadays?, or would they have to import (steal) resources from realspace?

Sybarite
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:35

Isn't stealing, when noone notices it, until its to late? DE would resort to robbery, I think.

HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:53

@YoungArchon wrote:
Would The be able to take materials out of they webway like we mine nowadays?, or would they have to import (steal) resources from realspace?
During a Round Table interview Phil Kelly and Jes Goodwin did for the realease of the Dark Elder overhaul, Phil mentioned that the raids were not just for slaves, but also for resources like metals for their equipment since there are none in the webway.

Slave
Ikaraii

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 14:48

Funny, I always pictured Commarragh as a very dark red. Streets covered in paving stones, narrow, winding streets, many dark alleys. Perpetual darkness with plenty of shadows to hide in or be attacked from. Although since reading this thread I'm loving the idea of glass floors, or marble maybe, but definitely glass.

Vae Victus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?   What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the floor on the streets of Commorragh like?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: