HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Duke deployment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amuse Me
Hellion

PostSubject: Duke deployment   Thu Jan 02 2014, 08:41

I am considering adding the duke to my Wych cult army list, but his "deploying in the warriors/trueborn" rule confuses me. If I do not have a unit of warriors or trueborn in my list, can I not take the duke?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   Thu Jan 02 2014, 09:06

Yes you can, but you can deploy him anywhere, following standard deployment rules.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   Thu Jan 02 2014, 13:07

Yup, it was in the FAQ.
You will waste the poison rule, but he can be deployed anyway in any unit.
Back to top Go down
Amuse Me
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   Thu Jan 02 2014, 13:46

Would you recommend taking the duke with a squad of warriors in a raider and get the duke to tag along with the wyches when an opportunity arises? Or should I drop the duke in favor of a subbubus/archon. I do plan on taking lots of wyches to utilize the drugs but is it worth it to waste the poison/ risk the duke getting caught where he doesn't belong (shooting)?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:36

Remember this: a unit can be deployed outside its dedicated transport. Duke could be deployed with a unit of Kabalites, next to a unit of Wyches. Both units are deployed outside their respective transports.

Duke switches units, both board their gunboats, and off you go.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   Thu Jan 02 2014, 15:17

Also, it's not like the poison rule is all that mind blowing - and Duke partners quite well with Wyches since he wants to be in assault anyway. If your list doesn't have Warriors/Trueborn I wouldn't bother changing it to include some just for the Duke, he's still pretty amazing for you if you have a lot of Wyches because that re-roll is amazing.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   Sat Feb 15 2014, 22:30

Similar to DingK, another option is to put a squad of warriors in ruins, on an object, etc as a fire base in cover. Start the duke with them and just leave them there. Anything that comes close dies and it is fairly cheap. Though a 60 point DL raider is a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke deployment   

Back to top Go down

Duke deployment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: