HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Should poison ignore FnP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
meep277
Slave
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-11-28

PostSubject: Should poison ignore FnP?   Thu Nov 28 2013, 16:28

I mean, Dark Eldar poison shooting forces blood vessels to get huge, and pop a person right? Shouldn't that ignore FnP?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
avatar

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Venice, FL

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Thu Nov 28 2013, 16:48

What qualifies FnP?

It's an abstract game concept. DE get it because they are sucking soul energy to stay alive.
Plague Marines get it because they are shambling zombie monsters.
Space Marines get it due to a highly skilled medical technician with state of the art gear standing by to help them.

If we wanted to start debating reality than maybe Plague Marines should be totally immune to poison, as should Wraithguard/lords/knights. Meanwhile DE shouldn't be allowed it versus anything causing instant death because if they're dead they can't suck soul energy.

It is simple a game mechanic designed to be simple and straightforward. No more, no less. I have no issue with it working on poison if it means I can take FNP saves versus plasma and missiles.

_________________


The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
meep277
Slave
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Thu Nov 28 2013, 17:00

Y'know, that is a good point. I was just thinking about how DEldar Poison works. But, against Plauge Marines, isn't the DEldar Poison something that'd make their organs swell to point of exploding, not something that would make them weaker, or give them the cold?
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 267
Join date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Fri Nov 29 2013, 08:52

@meep277 wrote:
Y'know, that is a good point. I was just thinking about how DEldar Poison works. But, against Plauge Marines, isn't the DEldar Poison something that'd make their organs swell to point of exploding, not something that would make them weaker, or give them the cold?
Well if your veins explode, but you don't feel the pain, then the pain itself won't disable you the way it normally would. So yes, FNP against poison is sensible.

_________________
Archon of the Vengeful Strike
Back to top Go down
meep277
Slave
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Fri Nov 29 2013, 09:06

@Elzadar wrote:
@meep277 wrote:
Y'know, that is a good point. I was just thinking about how DEldar Poison works. But, against Plauge Marines, isn't the DEldar Poison something that'd make their organs swell to point of exploding, not something that would make them weaker, or give them the cold?
Well if your veins explode, but you don't feel the pain, then the pain itself won't disable you the way it normally would. So yes, FNP against poison is sensible.
But if your organs and junk explode, wouldn't you be unable to fight or anything?
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 267
Join date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Fri Nov 29 2013, 09:12

@meep277 wrote:
@Elzadar wrote:
@meep277 wrote:
Y'know, that is a good point. I was just thinking about how DEldar Poison works. But, against Plauge Marines, isn't the DEldar Poison something that'd make their organs swell to point of exploding, not something that would make them weaker, or give them the cold?
Well if your veins explode, but you don't feel the pain, then the pain itself won't disable you the way it normally would. So yes, FNP against poison is sensible.
But if your organs and junk explode, wouldn't you be unable to fight or anything?
When they're vital then no, but that is when you don't make your FNP save Wink

_________________
Archon of the Vengeful Strike
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
avatar

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Venice, FL

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Fri Nov 29 2013, 10:09

Makes sense to me.

_________________


The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
 
Should poison ignore FnP?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

 :: Rules Development
-
Jump to: