HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Supplemental codex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 01:45

I was just wondering if DE had any supplemental codex's. I was talking to my Tau friend and he found out he had one. I was just a little curious.

Thanks in advance,

Raz
Back to top Go down
Dra'al Nacht
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 03:18

No there isn't, and there won't be any until after the release of a 6th Ed Codex for DE.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 03:27

Ahh, makes sense. I know this is probs a dumb question but is there any ETA at all on our 6th codex?

I don't even really care a whole lot right now, being that I'm just getting back into the game... but I am curious lol
Back to top Go down
Dra'al Nacht
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 03:53

No ETA that I know of. Considering that our last Codex was one of the last before 6th Ed came out, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 04:19

About 13 years for the last one. (7 if you count the 'revised' edition...and you shouldn't)
Our Dex came out in 2010.
So, somewhere between 2017 and 2023 seems a fair guess Wink

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 05:24

I'm going to have to agree with Thor on this lol. I just remember playing back in like third ed. and wondering when they're getting their new book.
Back to top Go down
Calindor
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:45

I think we don´t need to wait so long. De is one of best and newest ranges that Gw have in any system so they propably want to give us a new codex so people buy more. I guess they just have to figure out what new huge model we need to get (as every new army has more or less got one).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:47

I'm going to move this to News & Rumours as it's not really a rules topic - Count Adhemar

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 15:12

They've stopped rapid firing codecii. We'll see IG, Orks, Nids, Angels, Wolves and a lot of supplements (and may be even a "new" factions like Inquisition) beforehand. Prepare to suffer when everyone will be dishing multiple str7-8 shots with ignore cover.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 15:15

Oh posh, prepare to be celebrating as the game balance shifts to more use of the super walkers or during the reign of the Landraiders, when people notice that the fearsome Tau/Eldar super army is pretty much helpless against AV 14. Many things can happen, the current meta situation is hardly pure death.

Our codex is a solid codex, we'll likely go through some peaks and valleys over its lifetime, but it's a strong enough codex we'll never be totally on the outside looking in. Also, as experienced with the last codex, we'll likely have some nice high points as people forget about our codex and how to deal with it and/or forget to build to oppose it as other meta elements rise into ascendance.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Thu Nov 07 2013, 15:32

Hijallo wrote:
They've stopped rapid firing codecii. We'll see IG, Orks, Nids, Angels, Wolves and a lot of supplements (and may be even a "new" factions like Inquisition) beforehand. Prepare to suffer when everyone will be dishing multiple str7-8 shots with ignore cover.
I wouldn't say they've stopped. There's a bit of a gap because they are ramping up to the Hobbit release around Christmas, although the latest rumour might put the next codex out in December.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Fri Nov 08 2013, 13:04

I think our codex has held up pretty well. It may not be super competitive, but it has a lot of fun options. The releases may slow down a bit but they will still be faster than they used to be. Slowing down the codexes won't really prolong 6th much at this point since there have already down so many. It looks like they will stretch 6th out with gameplay expansions and supplements.

The recent release of the Inquisitor supplement/codex makes me wish for a Harlequin supplement. They could bring back mimes and harlequin jetbikes. It probably won't happen, but I think it would be awesome if it did.
Back to top Go down
clively
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplemental codex    Fri Nov 08 2013, 22:52

I'm actually hoping they hold off on updating our codex for awhile. There are certainly a few things I want.. but I'm more than a little skittish at what we'd lose in the process.

That said, if Phil Kelly is actually the one to write it again then I'm all for it.

Supplemental codex
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: