HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Pirates Vs Zombies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 02:52

I was going to put this in tactics but, honestly this would never be an ideal army tactic.

So I just moved, but my old store had a pretty neat Halloween idea. A tournament, where you get to choose one model and see how long it can last versus a horde of zombies. They're going to die, but it's literally a battle of attrition. There would be two winners based on how many zombies you can kill before dying, and how many turns you can last before dying. The only two rules I was aware of is it can't be an HQ and it has to be an infantry model, not sure if they discounted jump infantry, but for this sake we'll say they're allowed.

Which of our models would win each competition? Zombies so far as I know have a statline of 3s across the board except attacks, but also have fearless, feel no pain, and slow and purposeful.

Since I don't really know how the organizer had it set up, since it's cultists we'll say you start in the center, they have 6 units of 30 starting at the four corners of the board and the center of the sides.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 04:07

Sounds like fun! An Abberation with a lg would have a field day if it didn't have to test for berserk rampage. A Klaivex with a bloodstone wouldn't last as long.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 05:42

A scourge with splinter cannon might do well if there is enough terrain to dance around e.g. jumping from ruins to ruins.

There are much better models from other codexes however. E.g. nurgle obliterator (T5, W2, 2+, and still shooty).
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 06:54

Yeah, for a game like this the optimal goals are;

1. Very shooty
2. High Toughness
3. High saves
4. Decent h2h skills.

There are a lot of codices that are going to generate better options than the DE very easily. I would tend to expect CSM and Marines to do pretty well at this. Nids too, actually, the Tyranid Warrior immediately springing to mind as a very solid option.

If Beasts were allowed I would pick a Clawed Fiend.
If it has to be an Infantry type and HQ slots are disallowed then we literally have nothing with multiple wounds, which is a huge blow (as, actually, the Sslyth would be halfway decent at this).
At that point it is probably a toss up between a tooled up Dracon or a Death Jester.
I wouldn't expect either of those to do particularly well.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 10:03

As Thor said, Dark Eldar (non-HQ) units aren't really set up for these kinds of challenges.

Some suggestions though from other Codices:
* Doom of Malantai (lol, will be banned instantly, this is pure win);
* Grey Knight Techmarine with EVERYTHING except conversion beamer (grenade madness);
* Grey Knight Paladin Apothecary with Nemesis Daemonhammer (won't die ever).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 10:12

Mandor wrote:
Grey Knight Paladin Apothecary with Nemesis Daemonhammer (won't die ever).
Was trying to think of a way to get a Brotherhood Banner in there but that leaves him without any weapons.

A Purifier would be nice for Cleansing Flame but they're too fragile, even if you gave him a Nemesis Warding Stave.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 14:04

since I ran something along this last halloween (you got to pick a squad though, and the zombies had special zombies, a recuring typhus, and plague marines to back them up) I can tell you from experience dont get into close combat with them.

Your best bet is something that can template away zombies. A termie w/ heavy flamer would work amazingly. If your doing who lasts the longest, a jump pack unit would also work as you can probably just play keep away. Then your looking at something with a jump pack and flamer. So assault marine with flamer???

Edit: To give you an idea of what did the best with us, the best unit was a squad of sternguard w/ combi-flamers and a heavy flamer with lysandar from the old bluebook. Their mix of flamers and sternguard rounds made it that you couldnt get near them with anything. They were the last squad to get dropped after I literally had to licker (a special zombie) lysandar away and then hold them down with zombies until big daddy Typhus got in there and finished them off

Current List:
First 2k GSC List

Last edited by Shadows Revenge on Thu Oct 31 2013, 14:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 14:05

Well, I know Dark Eldar aren't the most optimal race for such a challenge, but since I'm not participating anyway, I was trying to spark up debate on which unit has the best chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse. I totally forgot about the Sslyth though. I wonder if he would qualify or not, he's not really an HQ choice, he's just part of an HQ retinue. I think the major problem is poison weapons are pretty lackluster in this instance.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Thu Oct 31 2013, 17:07

I would go with the death jester, since I am guessing the place would involve a lot of difficult terrain, where slow = getting ran over by zombies.
A klaivex could work too, I think it could kill a lot of them but just die a lot quicker.
Also, I think that sslyth could be an option. Most probably have never seen one, but if the organizer figures that it is not a character, just an addition to a HQ, i'm sure it could be allowed.

Is there some sort of point limit on how much it could be?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Fri Nov 01 2013, 06:06

Probably Arena Champion with Cluster Caltrops will do good.

If he is not allowed, then yeah, Sslyth is your only choice.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Sun Nov 03 2013, 06:36

Funny that this topic came up when it did. I just played a game against Typhus and 130 zombies.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Mon Nov 04 2013, 16:35

lol my local games workshop is gonna be doing a similar event except with non named HQs im gonna take a space wolves wolf lord in termy armour and a thunder hammer with saga of the warrior born so the more i kill the more attacks i get mwahahahah

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Pirates Vs Zombies   Mon Nov 04 2013, 19:13

saga of the warrior born is cheating
Back to top Go down

Pirates Vs Zombies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-