Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CheeZe
Hellion

PostSubject: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Wed Oct 23 2013, 05:19

Fluff: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7410-kabal-of-the-enraptured-downfall

Fic: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7945-aspirant

As an overview, this is my re-entry into WH40K after about 6 years of not playing.  My Black Templars and Imperial Guard gather dust while my Dark Eldar force has reached optimum levels.  I have just about all the models I need and want.  I could do with another Ravager but that can wait.

It's an army composed of 3rd Ed. models (which I got on the cheap) and 5th ed. models which I have since acquired to round out the force.  I use the 3rd Ed. models as my line units while the 5th Ed. models are their elite equivalents.  It is mostly a Kabal list, with some Wych Cult additions, since the Archon is the elder sister to the Archite of a Cult.

Without further ado, here's what I've got so far that I feel happy to share.

Wych from the Cult of the Ocean's Claw

A slightly blurry Trueborn splinter cannon gunner

A pair of Trueborn Warriors.  The protagonists from my fic, Caelith and Illian, in fact.

The Trueborn Squad that I've completed

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Wed Oct 23 2013, 07:12

That's not a bad paint scheme, however, if your up for it, maybe some highlighting and shading? and as for the skin colour, I like it, I've seen It before for dark eldar, but I don't know why -I picture dark eldar to be as pale as vampires- but that's my own opinion.

Back to top Go down
CheeZe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Wed Oct 23 2013, 09:56

Would be up for it but have no idea how to do either. Takes all of my skill just to do things like eyes and lips.

I agree that pale is the accepted canon but for me to be able to identify with them, I gotta have something more human looking. I had thought about the dark greyish skin typically associated with drow from various fantasy settings but that would be even harder for me to figure out how to do.

In addition, whoever owned the models before me painted the army with human colored skins. To keep with the aesthetic, I followed suit. The wych that I linked above, I didn't do anything to her skin. That's the original from the previous owner. I only finished painting her head dress and pistol.

Trystis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Wed Oct 23 2013, 12:04

I was thinking of going with a purple and orange color scheme for some craftword allies. After seeing it your models I'm liking the idea more.

I find that pale skin colors are easier to paint, but don't feel it necessary to follow canon when I paint stuff. I think its more important that you like the way it looks first, and then if it follows fluff even better.

Highlighting and shading can be intimidating to do, but there are tons of guides online. I spent a little while reading them and then gave it a shot. It turned out it wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought although it took awhile before I reached a level I was comfortable with. Even now I have a long ways to go, but its surprising what a difference it makes even when its not done that well.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Wed Oct 23 2013, 17:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cy3GJJpFqs

If you follow these in youtube, you should get a good idea how to do shading and highlightning.

Purple is the way to go! Not like Gws dull black colors Wink
You're doing a good job on painting eyes, I myself leave them blank white because I suck at painting eyes...
Keep up the good job and be patient!
Back to top Go down
CheeZe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Fri Oct 25 2013, 04:41

Another point for purple, if one believes what the Orks say, is that it is the sneakiest color.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   Fri Oct 25 2013, 06:13

I want an ork codex where each colour means something Razz Purple = 6+ Cover, Red = 1' faster -I know, already in- etc
but still would be a neat addition to the codex

anyways, shading isn't to hard, highlighting isn't as hard as it is time consuming. Other then that, watch some youtube videos -I watched about 50 before even buying my models-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Enraptured Downfall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: